Found Deceased CA - Kiely Rodni Missing From Party Near Prosser Family Campground in Truckee since 8 Aug 2022 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is still some confusion as to where she was found. Hopefully it's OK to post this. Another user, Otto, posted this map (post #514 currently). The black #4 dot is where they found her today, right by the party area. :(
View attachment 361037

Thanks for clarifying that. That would seem the more likely spot for either her to drive into the reservoir on her own or for someone to drive/push the car into it.

I believe this would be consistent with the broken off mirror and the small dent just below the window, where the mirror is dangling. It doesn’t look like it skidded along, as the paint is intact—looks more like a crush from being turned over, possibly onto a rock.
Yup, and if the window is broken, that means it was up. That explains why she wasn't able to escape.

What a sad story for Kiely. The dent in the driver's side door and the mirror hanging off hints to me that the car flipped first. How do we know she wasn't driving with all the windows open?
I'm not good at physics but I see what your point is. So if all the windows were open the pressure would be such that the car may flip and the water would do the rest such as sinking it? I can see how that could happen.

Reactions: nao
I don’t know maps but I kinda figured this out today from the search. She didn’t go out the boat ramp like many initially thought. This was the path taken out. She went left instead of right and ended up in the water.

1661153462063.jpeg

Hi all, here with some facts: Attached are my maps (my annotated version of a google map screenshot and national forest map screenshot) of where things actually happened and a photo I took while watching the extrication today. Again, AWP got out of the way shortly after discovering the car and marking it with a bouy. Law enforcement directed the actual extrication. Nothing was removed from the car before it was extricated. Two divers attached a single line from a tow truck to the car and it was dragged out backwards. There was little to no apparent manuvering of the car underwater; ie they just pulled it in a straight line and it came right out, rear end first. LE was very quick to cover the rear windows. All visible windows appeared rolled down. No body could be seen inside the front or rear seats (using binoculars). The rest of the car was covered with a tarp as it was brought out of the water.

Attachments

• 7D0CAFE3-C531-4142-8832-924D32CCC87D.jpeg
    7D0CAFE3-C531-4142-8832-924D32CCC87D.jpeg
    183.2 KB · Views: 225
  • 90C00936-6691-4E20-BB43-5FEB9BA775F3.jpeg
    90C00936-6691-4E20-BB43-5FEB9BA775F3.jpeg
    215.3 KB · Views: 292
  • 35CB613A-7930-4CF4-BAE1-88F112FF8EB4.jpeg
    35CB613A-7930-4CF4-BAE1-88F112FF8EB4.jpeg
    84.7 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:
Hi all, here with some facts: Attached are my maps (my annotated version of a google map screenshot and national forest map screenshot) of where things actually happened and a photo I took while watching the extrication today. Again, AWP got out of the way shortly after discovering the car and marking it with a bouy. Law enforcement directed the actual extrication. Nothing was removed from the car before it was extricated. Two divers attached a single line from a tow truck to the car and it was dragged out backwards. There was little to no apparent manuvering of the car underwater; ie they just pulled it in a straight line and it came right out, rear end first. LE was very quick to cover the rear windows. All visible windows appeared rolled down. No body could be seen inside the front or rear seats (using binoculars). The rest of the car was covered with a tarp as it was brought out of the water.

Thanks for all this information and the images.

Can it be shown where Kieli's car was parked during the party ?

( About the 2nd day, SS on a video pointed to an area where Kieli's car was parked.
Then a local person said that that was about a football field away from the party
and would be hard to get to alone and in the dark.)

Back in Thread #2 I queried the area where her car was found (green circle) with a local and he said LE were searching there. So close yet it took 11 days to find her. RIP Kiely. I'm so pleased you were found.

The yellow star on this map is where the party was.

Screenshot 2022-08-11 093946.png

I don't mean to bash LE but according to reports they spent a few thousand manhours searching for Kylie. So a person has to wonder.
They probably decided to focus on the highest-priority probability first: abduction. If she was taken there's a lot more investigation to be done and a much tighter timeframe. (How many cases do we see that go, "Police did not investigate for X amount of time, causing evidence to be lost?")

Local police also don't have a sonar unit like AWP. I think the State Police had divers down for a day or so, early in the search, but without sonar they would basically just be feeling around in the silty water. Those divers are also police officers with other caseloads of their own.

They probably decided to focus on the highest-priority probability first: abduction. If she was taken there's a lot more investigation to be done and a much tighter timeframe. (How many cases do we see that go, "Police did not investigate for X amount of time, causing evidence to be lost?")

Local police also don't have a sonar unit like AWP. I think the State Police had divers down for a day or so, early in the search, but without sonar they would basically just be feeling around in the silty water. Those divers are also police officers with other caseloads of their own.

Just for clarification, LE used equipment that has SONAR in the search.
From fb: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?st...dpfe3ExrQKNLpN6azUhrF3wKul&id=100064590827885

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
welsh98