CA Knew Winnie The Pooh Blanket Missing

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was thinking that the laundry bags would be used to put dirty laundry in...so they would be kept where dirty clothes are. In my house that's a hamper in my bedroom. That is why I would think she was "hiding" the bag.

It sounds to me like Cindy didn't use the laundry bags at all. Maybe they were left over from camping trips or something. If Cindy had knowledge that Casey had placed Caylee in a laundry bag and Cindy wanted to hide a matching bag, she had plenty of opportunity to dispose of it in the months following Caylee's disappearance. The fact that it was found in the laundry area tells me that Cindy didn't have a clue.

I tried to have a little sympathy for CA but after hearing this I just don't know what to say about her.
CA knew about the missing blanket and I bet she knew about the laundry bag, she just didn't think that the laundry bag would have anything to do with the death of Caylee. BUT IT DOES. She obviously knew about the blanket and like any mother, when she noticed that she scanned Caylee's room to see what else might be missing.

Bet CA took a double dose of Klonopin the night she stepped off the plane to a waiting LE with a search warrant in hand. Where's that laughing emoticon when you need it?

CA needs to have the book thrown at her -- and hard.

(Bolded by me.)

I know! Based on Yuri Melich's report in the current doc dump, it would seem quite possible that Cindy or Casey intentionally hid the remaining laundry bag (page 3378):

"While searching the garage, I located a canvass laundry bag of the same make as that found on scene. This 'Whitney Design' laundry bag was inside a black plastic bag on the top shelf above the laundry machine."

Source: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...y-pdf1-casey-anthony-021809,0,1209602.acrobat

So, did she hide it, or did she fail to mention that *both* of her laundry bags were missing along with the blanket? Because I don't believe that she failed to notice any of these things. :eek:

As I read through the search warrant section and the items removed from the house and their location, I couldn't help but note that it appeared that some of the items were purposely hidden. One that stood out to me was a "folding toothbrush", which was found on a shelf in the garage, inside a blue cooler, that was inside a red cooler.

Who is their right mind stores a toothbrush inside a picnic cooler that's inside another picnic cooler!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

I was thinking that the laundry bags would be used to put dirty laundry in...so they would be kept where dirty clothes are. In my house that's a hamper in my bedroom. That is why I would think she was "hiding" the bag.

I think the same thing. My laundry bags are all through my house. One in the laundry room, one in all the bedrooms, and one in the bathroom. What confuses me is when something happens to one laundry bag (wear and tear) I have to go out and purchase another, I don't keep extras. My question is, if one laundry bag was missing, wouldn't you replace it? Why was this found on a shelf? Do they sell these kind of laundry bags at JCP? Could that be what was on the receipt from JCP?

Yuri's report does indicate CA knew it was missing prior to the remains being found. The link is on another thread, sorry. Yuri states that he was in the living room waiting to execute the search warrent. CA was reading it. CA spontaneously stated that Caylee's Winnie The Pooh blanket was missing. The winnie the pooh blanket was part of a bedroom ensemble. As part of any missing child's report LE will ask if anything of the child's is missing. Even if CA didn't realize it at the beginning, she did realize it afterward and should have informed LE.

Where does it state that the Winnie the Pooh blanket was part of an ensemble? They can be purchased separately. The blanket could have been stored in a closet - not needed in Florida in June. I wouldn't notice that a blanket I had stored away was missing until I had reason to go look for it. Cindy made the statement about the blanket missing during the second search of the house following Caylee's remains being found. She could have discovered it missing between the time of the two searches, perhaps after hearing speculation about what items were found with Caylee's body.

My point is that everyone is jumping to conclusions and finding Cindy guilty without even giving her the opportunity to defend herself or explain her actions. I'd like to hear both sides before passing judgment.

As I read through the search warrant section and the items removed from the house and their location, I couldn't help but note that it appeared that some of the items were purposely hidden. One that stood out to me was a "folding toothbrush", which was found on a shelf in the garage, inside a blue cooler, that was inside a red cooler.

Who is their right mind stores a toothbrush inside a picnic cooler that's inside another picnic cooler!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

And how do you think the folding toothbrush is related to the murder? My gosh, if people searched my house they'd find things in all kinds of places that they seemingly don't belong.

That's not all she knew. She tells investigators she sent someone a month ago to walk the area where Caylee was found. DC was out there 'walking the area'. He was told to look around paving stones. Caylee was found around paving stones. Wonder how Cindy 'knew' to tell him this.
(Massive cussing.)
Lanie

And when the detectives were in the living room with Cindy and George, and George got visibly upset and angry, Cindy sent him out to the patio. On the patio were DC, DM and SM.

Cindy told detectives that she had sent someone out to "that area" a month ago and there was nothing there.

The thought crossed my mind.........what if the person or persons Cindy sent out there a month ago had found Caylee's remains? What would they have done? Would they have permanently disposed of Caylee's remains?

I believe the whole purpose of DC's search of "that area" was to find the remains before the police found them.

On the other hand, I don't think it's realistic to assume that a person is guilty of concealing evidence by leaving the evidence right were someone would expect it to be. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

That's not all she knew. She tells investigators she sent someone a month ago to walk the area where Caylee was found. DC was out there 'walking the area'. He was told to look around paving stones. Caylee was found around paving stones. Wonder how Cindy 'knew' to tell him this.
(Massive cussing.)
Lanie

This comment probably refers to when DCasey was probing around the rundown building and poking through all those trashbags which was close to where the remains were found. Pavers or white flat stones were at that area too. So, she says she sent someone to that area but again not the exact spot where the remains were ultimately found.

Uh, huh, it's somewhere in the middle of those two extremes. It's called being objective.
i think im just gonna wait until the trial as i was watching a media report today about that diary and how they left the 03 out of it until the other
person brought it up ,i just wonder how much of this is going on in this case .kwim? i wonder what evidence hasnt been released yet that we dont know about

Yuri's report does indicate CA knew it was missing prior to the remains being found. The link is on another thread, sorry. Yuri states that he was in the living room waiting to execute the search warrent. CA was reading it. CA spontaneously stated that Caylee's Winnie The Pooh blanket was missing. The winnie the pooh blanket was part of a bedroom ensemble. As part of any missing child's report LE will ask if anything of the child's is missing. Even if CA didn't realize it at the beginning, she did realize it afterward and should have informed LE.

What I don't understand is how people think her telling them about a missing
blanket is obstruction of justice.
If she hadn't told them it was missing then they might not have even found out about it!

Also... about the laundry bag.. why would they "hide" it when they just as
easily could have gotten ride of it?

If she hadn't told them it was missing then they might not have even found out about it!

Exactly! Until Cindy read in the search warrant that LE was looking for Winnie the Pooh bedding she may not have made the connection in her mind that the blanket was in any way related to the case. She could have played dumb, but instead she gave LE the exact information they needed. In my book, that's cooperation, not cover-up. :waitasec:

Exactly! Until Cindy read in the search warrant that LE was looking for Winnie the Pooh bedding she may not have made the connection in her mind that the blanket was in any way related to the case. She could have played dumb, but instead she gave LE the exact information they needed. In my book, that's cooperation, not cover-up. :waitasec:

I agree with both you and harleysmama. We don't in fact know how long CA knew this blanket was missing.

I've also found your comments to be some of the most objective, imho.

Did anyone see the toy horse listed in the items found at the crime scene?
They also said there was a stuffed animal.

I did not state I thought it was obstruction of justice for CA not to mention the missing blanket; and I don't think it is. However, I have worked in the justice system for decades and not reporting it missing is relevant. It doesn't matter if she realized it was missing the day before the search warrant was executed. She should have reported it the second she realized it was missing. Whenever there is a missing person, an abducted person, or an unsolved homicide, most people involved drive themselves nuts trying to remember every little thing; trying to think of anything that could possibly be out of place; trying to think of anything that might be missing--whether or not they think it's related or not. They call LE constantly with any little thing that pops into their head that might help the investigation--no matter how far fetched. Normally, they do look for things that might be missing, especially if they believe someone has been in their home.

On the other hand, I don't think it's realistic to assume that a person is guilty of concealing evidence by leaving the evidence right were someone would expect it to be. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
It was hidden inside another bag which in my book means it was "concealed". She sure didn't offer it up to LE, imo.

The blanket is the same way. She knew that the blanket was missing and yet she waits until confronted by LE's SW stating one was found with Caylee before she mentioned it.

I am pulling the BS handle on Cindy yet again!!! The list of the ways she has obstructed, thwart, and derail this investigation continues to grow longer and longer.

Sometimes BS is simply BS!!!

Did anyone see the toy horse listed in the items found at the crime scene?
They also said there was a stuffed animal.

Yes,the toy horse was listed also a toy fence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lockett
Back