Still Missing CA - Kristin Smart, 19, San Luis Obispo, 25 May 1996 *arrests* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt Fountain [URL='https://twitter.com/MattFountain1']@MattFountain1 [/URL]1m
Asked if she has any idea where #KristinSmart may be, Margarita Campos, her next door neighbor and closest friend in Muir Hall, paused then said: "Kristin's no longer alive." Here's the second half of her testimony.

[URL='https://t.co/TLGjOdvJA2?amp=1']Kristin Smart hearing: Defense questions Cal Poly detective about early investigation

Defense attorneys asked questions about a meeting with the SLO County District Attorney’s office soon after Kristin Smart’s disappearance.
sanluisobispo.com[/URL]

Scott Peterson called to testify in Kristin Smart preliminary hearing | NewsChannel 3-12

SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. - The defense in the preliminary hearing for Paul and Ruben Flores says it's made arrangements to transport Scott Peterson from San Quentin State Prison to San Luis Obispo so he can testify as part of preliminary hearing in the Kristin Smart murder case.

Peterson was sentenced to death in 2005for murdering his wife Laci and their unborn child. The death penalty was overturned last year but his conviction stands.

The Flores defense team says Scott Peterson and Kristin Smart knew each other while both were students at Cal Poly before she disappeared in May 1996

Megan Healy [URL='https://twitter.com/MeganHealyTV']@MeganHealyTV[/URL]
Towards the end, Sanger says the defense was “making arrangements for Scott Peterson” but did not elaborate on what that meant. Peterson was convicted of murder of his wife and unborn in 2004. Defense claims Peterson was at the Crandall party but so far there’s been no evidence
5:44 PM · Aug 5, 2021 from San Luis Obispo, CA·Twitter for iPhone

[URL='https://twitter.com/MeganHealyTV']Megan Healy
@MeganHealyTV 39m
Replying to @MeganHealyTV
I consulted a defense attorney not associated with the Kristin Smart case who says it’s possible for the defense to call witnesses in a prelim after prosecution. Again, it’s unclear if that is what Sanger eluded to when he said “making arrangements for Scott Peterson”[/URL]

Scott Peterson called to testify in Kristin Smart preliminary hearing | NewsChannel 3-12

SAN LUIS OBISPO, Calif. - The defense in the preliminary hearing for Paul and Ruben Flores says it's made arrangements to transport Scott Peterson from San Quentin State Prison to San Luis Obispo so he can testify as part of preliminary hearing in the Kristin Smart murder case.

Peterson was sentenced to death in 2005for murdering his wife Laci and their unborn child. The death penalty was overturned last year but his conviction stands.

The Flores defense team says Scott Peterson and Kristin Smart knew each other while both were students at Cal Poly before she disappeared in May 1996
What can Scott Peterson possibly add to this? Should be interesting…or not.

I think this is nothing more than a publicity stunt. I have no expectation this will go anywhere, or we’ll see him come trial.

Ditto for me! JMHO, Sager wanted to create a buzz and he has. Including myself individuals are focusing on SP and not PF at least for the time being.

I don't believe for one hot minute Sager has intentions of calling SP to testify. I highly doubt the defense investigator has even interviewed SP, granted I could be way wrong. I think it would be a risk even if SP was to take the stand, *shoots* he may get up there and say PF killed my Laci and unborn Child.

I think Sanger wanted to end the week in dramatic fashion and he accomplished that.

Ditto for me! JMHO, Sager wanted to create a buzz and he has. Including myself individuals are focusing on SP and not PF at least for the time being.

I don't believe for one hot minute Sager has intentions of calling SP to testify. I highly doubt the defense investigator has even interviewed SP, granted I could be way wrong. I think it would be a risk even if SP was to take the stand, *shoots* he may get up there and say PF killed my Laci and unborn Child.

I think Sanger wanted to end the week in dramatic fashion and he accomplished that.
How absurd. Why would an attorney call a convicted murderer, not to mention a liar, to the witness stand? SP has absolutely nothing to add to this case. IMHO.

(I still think this is bonkers. IMO)

The defense team for the man accused of killing Kristin Smart is preparing to call Scott Peterson to the stand.

Lawyers for Paul Flores say Peterson and Smart knew each other while they both attended Cal Poly more than two decades ago. It’s unclear when Peterson may testify, but the defense for Flores is making arrangements to transfer him to San Luis Obispo County from San Quentin.

At one point, investigators were looking at Peterson as a potential suspect in Smart’s disappearance, but they could never find a connection.

Defense In Kristin Smart Murder Hearing To Call Scott Peterson To Testify

Monday, August 9th:
*Preliminary Hearing for both (Day 5) (@ 9am PT) - CA - Kristin Denise Smart (19) (missing May 25, 1996 while walking back to her dorm from a off campus frat party at Cal Poly, reported missing on May 26, 1996, San Luis Obispo, still missing) – *Paul Ruben Flores (19 @ time of crime/44) arrested & charged (4/13/21) & arraigned (4/15/21) with 1st degree murder. Plead not guilty. No bond.
*Ruben Ricardo Flores (55 @ time of crime/80) arrested & charged (4/13/21) & arraigned (4/15/21) with accessory to murder after the fact. Plead not guilty. $250K bond. Bond was lower to $50K. Has posted bond (4/22/21), out of jail.
Case & court info from 5/17/21 to 7/28/21 & Preliminary hearing (Day 1-3) 8/2/21-8/4/21 reference post #751 here:
Still Missing - CA - Kristin Smart, 19, San Luis Obispo, 25 May 1996 *arrests* #2

8/5/21 Thursday, Day 4 of Preliminary hearing: Defense asks for better filing of 500+ original notes from Cal Poly Det. Kennedy from the early days of the case. DDA says they are working on it but fairly difficult given the length of the case.
State witnesses: Retired Cal Poly police investigator Lawrence Kennedy-Served as an investigator from 1985-2003. Margarita Campos, who lived next door to Kristin in Muir Hall. The defense said it's made arrangements to transport Scott Peterson from San Quentin State Prison to San Luis Obispo so he can testify as part of preliminary hearing in the Smart murder case. The Flores defense team said Peterson & Kristin knew each other while both were students at Cal Poly before she disappeared in May 1996. Preliminary hearing continues on Monday, 8/9/21. No court on Fridays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay