GUILTY CA - Laci Peterson, 27, pregnant, Modesto, 24 Dec 2002

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just watching this on 20/20. So my question is how was the baby boy body was found a mile
away from her body. I would think his body would be right by her's. Cause she still has'nt had the
baby
I read the gory details about that....:(....apparently her body was not in one piece anymore. She had been weighted down when she was dumped in the bay. And some of her had broken off and washed away. During that time, her body had openings because of the decomposition, and so the unborn child also washed away. :(:(:(

Autopsy: Laci Peterson's Head Was Missing
topsy: Laci Peterson's Head Was Missing
By
ABC News
January 7, 2006, 6:34 AM
• 7 min read

May 30, 2003 -- Laci Peterson's head and parts of her limbs were missing and plastic tape was wrapped around the neck of her child, according to the full autopsy and coroner's photographs exclusively seen by ABCNEWS.

According to the autopsy, the skin of the child was not decomposed at all, though the right side of his body was mutilated, and the placenta and umbilical cord were not found with the body.

Baden, the former chief pathologist for New York City, said it could not be determined from the autopsy how the baby came out of Laci's body.

"It does tell us that the baby was in the womb for many months after Laci was in the water and Laci in fact protected the baby until the baby came out shortly before the bodies were found," Baden said.

He said the tape on Laci's body and a cement bag that was found washed up on the shore near the baby could be important evidence.

"If any of that matches cement or duct tape that they've come in contact with in removing stuff from Scott's place of work or place of residence, that's heavy evidence," he said.

If I was a CA resident, I’d be really aggravated about using taxpayer money to defend him. Why doesn’t his sister foot the bill for an attorney? She’s been crying for years about poor Scott being wrongly accused and convicted.

I read the gory details about that....:(....apparently her body was not in one piece anymore. She had been weighted down when she was dumped in the bay. And some of her had broken off and washed away. During that time, her body had openings because of the decomposition, and so the unborn child also washed away. :(:(:(

Autopsy: Laci Peterson's Head Was Missing
topsy: Laci Peterson's Head Was Missing
By
ABC News
January 7, 2006, 6:34 AM
• 7 min read

May 30, 2003 -- Laci Peterson's head and parts of her limbs were missing and plastic tape was wrapped around the neck of her child, according to the full autopsy and coroner's photographs exclusively seen by ABCNEWS.

According to the autopsy, the skin of the child was not decomposed at all, though the right side of his body was mutilated, and the placenta and umbilical cord were not found with the body.

Baden, the former chief pathologist for New York City, said it could not be determined from the autopsy how the baby came out of Laci's body.

"It does tell us that the baby was in the womb for many months after Laci was in the water and Laci in fact protected the baby until the baby came out shortly before the bodies were found," Baden said.

He said the tape on Laci's body and a cement bag that was found washed up on the shore near the baby could be important evidence.

"If any of that matches cement or duct tape that they've come in contact with in removing stuff from Scott's place of work or place of residence, that's heavy evidence," he said.

I understand that but th

I understand that but there is also some holes in this case that i saw. If he was seen loading up a
black tote in the back of his truck someone should of saw him to unloaded it at the marina to.
Also that they was supposedly 4 40lbs of weights to in that boat and the tote that would of have
been atleast 300lbs. It would have to be atleast 2 people to do that.

I understand that but there is also some holes in this case that i saw. If he was seen loading up a
black tote in the back of his truck someone should of saw him to unloaded it at the marina to.
Also that they was supposedly 4 40lbs of weights to in that boat and the tote that would of have
Why would someone have to see him load it at the marina?

One person can do a lot, under pressure, like when hiding a dead body.

He could have moved the weights a few at a time?

Let me ask you this:
We know he was at the marina on Christmas Eve, And that's where the bodies were found. How did that happen?

Last edited:

Let me ask you this:
We know he was at the marina on Christmas Eve, And that's where the bodies were found. How did that happen?

Scott was positive she would never surface!!!!!!
But she and Connor miraculously surfaced.

Let me ask you this:

I know but didnt the did a search in that area in the water to

Bodies have been dumped from boats in past crimes. It's just a matter of balancing the weight.

The black tote was already in the boat so he didn't need to unload it.

They said a neigbor saw him load it up at his house and the boat was at his storage place​
No, I think he means that he put the black tote on his boat at the storage place. There was no one to see him do that there.

The neighbour saw him load it up at home. He drove to storage and put it on the boat.

So when he arrived at the marina, the tote was already in the boat. So no problem moving it and no problem that no one saw him because there was nothing to see.m

Scott killed his wife and unborn baby. Sad but true. JMO

DA won’t seek new death sentence against Scott Peterson (detroitnews.com)

Sacramento, Calif. – A California district attorney said in a court filing Friday that she won’t seek a new death sentence against Scott Peterson, convicted in 2005 of murdering his pregnant wife.

The Stanislaus County district attorney’s office said it would drop efforts to restore the penalty thrown out last year by the state Supreme Court. The DA said the decision was made in consultation with Laci Peterson’s family.

The California justices ruled the death sentence couldn’t stand because potential jurors were excluded after saying they disagreed with the death penalty...

DA won’t seek new death sentence against Scott Peterson (detroitnews.com)

Sacramento, Calif. – A California district attorney said in a court filing Friday that she won’t seek a new death sentence against Scott Peterson, convicted in 2005 of murdering his pregnant wife.

The Stanislaus County district attorney’s office said it would drop efforts to restore the penalty thrown out last year by the state Supreme Court. The DA said the decision was made in consultation with Laci Peterson’s family.

The California justices ruled the death sentence couldn’t stand because potential jurors were excluded after saying they disagreed with the death penalty...
Thank you for that. Now we wait to see if the judge will grant Peterson a new trial.

DA won't seek new death sentence against Scott Peterson (nbcnews.com)

Scott Peterson was convicted in 2005 of murdering his pregnant wife

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — A California district attorney said in a court filing Friday that she won’t seek a new death sentence against Scott Peterson, convicted in 2005 of murdering his pregnant wife.

DA won't seek new death sentence against Scott Peterson (nbcnews.com)

Scott Peterson was convicted in 2005 of murdering his pregnant wife

SACRAMENTO, Calif. — A California district attorney said in a court filing Friday that she won’t seek a new death sentence against Scott Peterson, convicted in 2005 of murdering his pregnant wife.

That is interesting that the family of Laci Peterson did not want him executed. I
imagine a sentencing trial would dredge up all that horror for them- and besides the last person to be executed in California occurred in 2006--- so Scott Peterson would probably die of old age before being executed.

That is interesting that the family of Laci Peterson did not want him executed. I
imagine a sentencing trial would dredge up all that horror for them- and besides the last person to be executed in California occurred in 2006--- so Scott Peterson would probably die of old age before being executed.

Hey, I'm good with that outcome. As long as he dies of old age in a maximum security prison.

Now we have to wait and see if he gets a new trial! I hope not

Total waste of money and resources in an already overloaded court system. And no matter how many Post-It notes his SIL writes, he's still guilty, and I believe he would be found guilty again.

I will never forget, Mark Geragos, during the trial, saying, "Well, he's a cad. But not a murderer." Still infuriates me.

This must be so painful for Laci's family, to go through any of this again. And Amber Frey. I bet she thought she'd put this behind her long ago. Remember, he had a Google map printed out with directions to Amber's workplace when he was found, in addition to all his other bug-out bag stuff? Was he going to ask her to come along or what?

A lot of this reminds me of the Suzanne Morphew case.

Prosecutors Won’t Pursue New Death Sentence for Convicted Wife Murderer Scott Peterson

“The Defendant petitioned the United States Supreme Court, asking that Court to find his conviction invalid and that Court denied his petition,” prosecutors wrote on Friday while recapping the litigation. “In this appeal, the highest courts of this state and the United States have now settled the question of the defendant’ s guilt, leaving only the question of his punishment. The California Supreme Court indicated the People may retry the penalty phase if they so choose.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx