GUILTY CA - Lana Clarkson, 40, fatally shot, Alhambra, 3 Feb 2003

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I find this case interesting also but not many forums are doing much on it
-----------
I am trying to watch it.I work PT.and leave soon after it starts,EDT..I find the driver to be telling the truth~also seems more intelligent than some others in the room.IMO

Why doesn't this trial have its own heading? It gets more hits on the thread than anything else! Just wondering.

:crazy:

I hate being forced to go to "that other website" to read about this trail. Their posts are very difficult to follow. Come on Websluths give us a Phil Spector Trial thread of our own!!.......please.

Could we get a Phil Spector trial thread here on websleuths - please, please!

It is a most interesting case. And going to become even more so. Not just for the actual issue of murder vs. "accidental suicide", but for what is going on as side issues.

The hearing before the judge (no jury) to determine whether or not the defense - namely Dr. Lee - has withheld evidence found at the crime scene from the prosecution has been fascinating.

The testimony of Dr. Henry Lee in the side hearing (outside of the jury) was riveting. Several people, including a Shapiro defense team attorney, have testified that Lee found a piece of what appeared to be fingernail material at the crime scene after the police investigators had left the scene. An attoney for twenty-five year, Sara Caplan testified she watched Lee place the item into a vial! Lee denies he found anything of this nature or that he placed anything of this nature into a vial. He says he was using cotton swabs and placing them into vials and that's what she must have seen.

For those of us who followed the Michael Peterson trial and watched Lee's absurd "ketchup performance", his afffected inscrutable Cheshire-catlike smile, and his ever-increasingly non-understandable, grammatically incorrect replies to cross exam questions (whew!) it has been kind of gratifying to watch DA Alan Jackson very nicely and politely "tear him a new @sshole".

DA Jackson is obviously NOT taken in by Lee's "Charlie Chan" demeanor, nor by his attempts to "charm" his audience - the judge - with a smile and a racially-based "joke". (Referring to the numerous other people at the crime scene along with Lee during the time he was performing his own "crime scene investigation", when asked to name exactly who all was there Lee replied with a broad smile "I don't know. They all look alike to me!")

Bottom line: Lo and behold, in photos turned over to the prosecution just last week Lee took photos of "sumsing" that looks like it might be the fingernail-like piece - BUT he claims it is just a photo of a fresh gouge in the wood floor of Spector's foyer.

Is anyone else here following this trial closely?

Absolutely, whenever it's on and I can get the feed to work.

I posted sometime back, the day Lee testified, that it was fun watching him for once on the hot seat and this DA is no Marcia Clark. :)

He's on top of it.. I like him.

I hate being forced to go to "that other website" to read about this trail. Their posts are very difficult to follow. Come on Websluths give us a Phil Spector Trial thread of our own!!.......please.

I've sent a message to Jeana, one of the moderators, to ask if she could set this up... I'll let you know when I get an answer on this!!
I, too, would like to see it's own separate section!

I've sent a message to Jeana, one of the moderators, to ask if she could set this up... I'll let you know when I get an answer on this!!
I, too, would like to see it's own separate section!

Me too, three or four. :)

okayy - I received a reply back from Jeana - and here is what she says:

Its me! Unfortunately, with the death of Tybee, we're sort of trying to sort things out and rearrange duties. At this time, I just don't think its "do-able." I'll see how things go in the days to come and if it can be done, we'll do so.

Sorry I can't do more now.

:slap: :rolleyes: :)

okayy - I received a reply back from Jeana - and here is what she says:

Its me! Unfortunately, with the death of Tybee, we're sort of trying to sort things out and rearrange duties. At this time, I just don't think its "do-able." I'll see how things go in the days to come and if it can be done, we'll do so.

Sorry I can't do more now.

:slap: :rolleyes: :)

thanks Niner for trying, I understand the mods are on overload with the passing of Tybee.

Now my problem. Does anyone have a link for the live feed for the trial that works?

I've been watching and I cant' get anything to load, yesterday afternoon, after lunch or today? Ugh!

thanks Niner for trying, I understand the mods are on overload with the passing of Tybee.

Now my problem. Does anyone have a link for the live feed for the trial that works?

I've been watching and I cant' get anything to load, yesterday afternoon, after lunch or today? Ugh!

Hi Class :) - This link works for me:
http://ktla.trb.com/
When the main page opens, look at the very top where it says "Phil Spector Murder Trial" (has a black and gold background). At the top of that box click on the words, "live video". A separate window will open showing the trial if it is going on. If they are on a break it will say something like, "coverage will resume soon".

When I have a problem accessing things that worked a day or so ago, it usually means that I need to empty my temporary internet files and cookies then reboot my computer. You might try that too.

Good luck ..... Granny

Hi Class :) - This link works for me:
When the main page opens, look at the very top where it says "Phil Spector Murder Trial" (has a black and gold background). At the top of that box click on the words, "live video". A separate window will open showing the trial if it is going on. If they are on a break it will say something like, "coverage will resume soon".

When I have a problem accessing things that worked a day or so ago, it usually means that I need to empty my temporary internet files and cookies then reboot my computer. You might try that too.

Good luck ..... Granny

Thanks Granny, I will try emptying the temp files... That is the link I had been using all along. Argh! puters, so frustrating.

This is so frustrating. I deleted cookies, temp files, reboot, pop up blocker is not on, can't view through AOL or IE. Ugh! And I've been watching through there for a week. This makes no sense.

This is so frustrating. I deleted cookies, temp files, reboot, pop up blocker is not on, can't view through AOL or IE. Ugh! And I've been watching through there for a week. This makes no sense.

Have you installed any new software lately? Like maybe the program for the "live chat" the other night? If so, you might try uninstalling it through "add/remove programs".

Here is another link you might try:
http://www.nbc4.tv/videostream/10954229/detail.html

Others have posted this link but I never had any luck with it:
www.foxnews.com

I feel your pain .... been there wayyyyyyyy too many times myself :mad: ...... Granny

PS - I would go the IE route rather than AOL. I never, ever get good results if I go through AOL :(

Have you installed any new software lately? Like maybe the program for the "live chat" the other night? If so, you might try uninstalling it through "add/remove programs".

www.foxnews.com

I feel your pain .... been there wayyyyyyyy too many times myself :mad: ...... Granny

PS - I would go the IE route rather than AOL. I never, ever get good results if I go through AOL :(

OMG, the NBC one went right to it. Thank you and thank you again. I've missed the whole day. :)

I will go uninstall the software for the chat the other night, if I can find it and you're right, usually AOL causes all kinds of problems, but that is where I had been watching it through for the last week or so. Go figure, these machines have a mind of their own.

Thank You again.

I guess, I was saved cause that attorney that was trying to rake the driver over the coals was really getting to me.

You are most welcome, Class. Glad it worked for you.

You haven't missed the whole day yet. They are now on the last break. Start again at 3:00 PST (about 3 minutes from now).

In the AM there will be more evidentiary hearings until after lunch. Then the jury will return for the afternoon session.

Should be interesting :)

You are most welcome, Class. Glad it worked for you.

You haven't missed the whole day yet. They are now on the last break. Start again at 3:00 PST (about 3 minutes from now).

In the AM there will be more evidentiary hearings until after lunch. Then the jury will return for the afternoon session.

Should be interesting :)

All that whining and complaining by me, all that compassion and help from you and they quit at what? Like 3:00 Cali time? I had to go to the bank for work and then home and then do my stuff here, so I think I got to see about 30 minutes of the police officer that took Spector into the police station that night. Gheesh! I can see where Mrs. Baden is going, the gun powder residue could of come from anywhere. Well, anyone ever be convicted of a crime again, even if there is evidence, DNA or otherwise?

Could we get a Phil Spector trial thread here on websleuths - please, please!

It is a most interesting case. And going to become even more so. Not just for the actual issue of murder vs. "accidental suicide", but for what is going on as side issues.

The hearing before the judge (no jury) to determine whether or not the defense - namely Dr. Lee - has withheld evidence found at the crime scene from the prosecution has been fascinating.

The testimony of Dr. Henry Lee in the side hearing (outside of the jury) was riveting. Several people, including a Shapiro defense team attorney, have testified that Lee found a piece of what appeared to be fingernail material at the crime scene after the police investigators had left the scene. An attoney for twenty-five year, Sara Caplan testified she watched Lee place the item into a vial! Lee denies he found anything of this nature or that he placed anything of this nature into a vial. He says he was using cotton swabs and placing them into vials and that's what she must have seen.

For those of us who followed the Michael Peterson trial and watched Lee's absurd "ketchup performance", his afffected inscrutable Cheshire-catlike smile, and his ever-increasingly non-understandable, grammatically incorrect replies to cross exam questions (whew!) it has been kind of gratifying to watch DA Alan Jackson very nicely and politely "tear him a new @sshole".

DA Jackson is obviously NOT taken in by Lee's "Charlie Chan" demeanor, nor by his attempts to "charm" his audience - the judge - with a smile and a racially-based "joke". (Referring to the numerous other people at the crime scene along with Lee during the time he was performing his own "crime scene investigation", when asked to name exactly who all was there Lee replied with a broad smile "I don't know. They all look alike to me!")

Bottom line: Lo and behold, in photos turned over to the prosecution just last week Lee took photos of "sumsing" that looks like it might be the fingernail-like piece - BUT he claims it is just a photo of a fresh gouge in the wood floor of Spector's foyer.

Is anyone else here following this trial closely?

sometimes yes, sometimes not .... so far, i usually end up zoing out when the defense comes up, because so far they seem to go on and on and on with (to me) unimportant details in an effort to play "gotcha" on issues that have nothing to do with the "big pink elephant" testified to by the major witnesses.

i mean, how much does gun residue (which c/b washed off in the 40 minutes that elapsed before police arrived) matter when you've got the driver standing 5 feet from PS when he says (with a gun in his bloody hand), "I think i just killed somebody." ??? and then the driver looks into the house and sees the woman he brought there with blood on her face.

did the defense break him (adriano)?
(i stopped watching after a while.)

p.s. Yes! This is gonna be a very long trial .... and it would be helpful to have a State of California v. Phil Spector thread so we could get here in fewer clicks! :D

They are going to continue the investigation of the missing fingernail piece this AM. Just before close yesterday, the Judge said he wanted Shapiro there too! Will be interesting to see if he actually shows up and if not, what his excuse will be .... giggle

I think Sara Caplan and another investigator or attorney are to be there too.

Judge said he wants to hear all remaining evidence in this matter this morning so he can make his ruling.

I'll be glued to the live feed for sure!! Hope they don't black any of it out :(

www.foxnews.com

Granny Edith to the rescue again.

Now the link that worked yesterday, won't work today. It just keeps buffering. :(

Is the hearing going on? Is it televised? Gosh, I hate to be such a PITA

Hi Class - There was court this AM. It is over now until 1:30 PST (about 2-1/2 hours from now). I was using the first link:
It did buffer for a very long time before it connected but evidentually it came up.

You might try clearing your cache again ... then don't just reboot. Completely shut your puter down (even maybe unplug it). Leave it off for at least 1 full minute (maybe even more). Then plug it back in and turn it back on.

I say this because when you just reboot, it doesn't really shut everything down completely like it will if you turn it totally off.

Also, I would shut down every thing to do with AOL. I use "task manager" to do that.

Granny

Court TV (on television) is rehashing this AM's proceedings off and on now. It was GREAT. The judge actually said that he found Sara Caplan more credible than Dr. Henry Lee !!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eNeMeEe
Back