GUILTY CA - Lana Clarkson, 40, fatally shot, Alhambra, 3 Feb 2003

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Are we back in court this morning?

Will this trial ever stay on course?

Four years later, it finally goes to court and we cant' seem to stay there. :) LOL!

Of course I don't know why I shoudl worry I can't watch anyway. :)

I guess I like to know what I'm missing. :)

yes, trial is going on - oops - a recess right now - 15 minutes...

Class-z - can't you get into the ktla site and watch this on your computer???

the exact site is:

http://ktla.trb.com/ and click right on the top of the page, in gold & black!

yes, trial is going on - oops - a recess right now - 15 minutes...

Class-z - can't you get into the ktla site and watch this on your computer???

the exact site is:

http://ktla.trb.com/ and click right on the top of the page, in gold & black!

Niner :(

Two weeks ago, that is exactly what I was doing, since, I've not been able to view it at any cost.

GrannyEdith has given me wonderful advice, I've done it all and still, to no avale. :(

I'll have to depend on reports here from you guys.

did you get it started Class-z??? Can you 'see' the trial??? I hope so!! :)

edited to add: I'm working and listening to the trial, otherwise I'd be typing it up as it goes... but I have too much work to do this week - end of month and all...

edited to add: I'm working and listening to the trial, otherwise I'd be typing it up as it goes... but I have too much work to do this week - end of month and all...
I hope everyone who wants to watch can since the forensic pathologist, Dr. Pena, who did Lana's autopsy has been on the stand since yesterday morning. He's revealed a lot about the gunshot to her mouth, and bruising inside her mouth ~ which would've had to happen before the fatal shot was fired since she died almost instantly. She also had bruises on her wrists which would be consistent with a struggle right before, but he can't say when for sure they occurred. The defense is cross-examining him today. There's a lot of information coming out!

http://www.foxnews.com/wires/2007May30/0,4670,PhilSpector,00.html

Spector Defense Targets Forensic Errors

LOS ANGELES — Criminalists made mistakes in evidence collection and handling in actress Lana Clarkson's shooting death, including the loss of a piece of one of her teeth, a medical examiner conceded Wednesday in music producer Phil Spector's murder trial.
Dr. Louis Pena, a deputy medical examiner, acknowledged in cross-examination by defense attorney Christopher Plourd that the mistakes also included moving Clarkson's body, which caused blood to flow out of her mouth, compromising evaluation of her dress for blood spatter.
Pena on Tuesday forcefully testified under prosecution questioning that Clarkson's death was a homicide and cast doubt on defense claims that Clarkson committed suicide at Spector's home.
Spector, 67, is accused of shooting Clarkson, 40, on Feb. 3, 2003, after she agreed to accompany him to his mansion from her job as a hostess at the House of Blues on the Sunset Strip.
Pena said the lost tooth fragment was the fault of an odontologist _ a forensic dentist _ who was called in on the case.
"There were three vials collected to be examined by the odontologist," Pena said. "What happened is on review in meeting with the odontologist he admitted he broke one of the vials and the tooth fragment was lost. It flew around the room somewhere."

more at the link

No!

I don't get it, I don't see how I could watch it fine for two days, then all of a sudden have it just quit and I watched it through both sites too. :(

I'm trying again this morning, we'll see.

I find it so odd that there isn't more curiosity about this case.

It's not being treated like other celebrity cases. Is it because maybe he appears so quilty and they have so much against him that the media feels he will be convicted?

Very strange. :)

I hope everyone who wants to watch can since the forensic pathologist, Dr. Pena, who did Lana's autopsy has been on the stand since yesterday morning. He's revealed a lot about the gunshot to her mouth, and bruising inside her mouth ~ which would've had to happen before the fatal shot was fired since she died almost instantly. She also had bruises on her wrists which would be consistent with a struggle right before, but he can't say when for sure they occurred. The defense is cross-examining him today. There's a lot of information coming out!

I did hear one little blip last night, about brusing to her tongue and felt the gun had been shoved in her mouth. How terrifying can that be? I hope it was quick, I can't even imagine. This guy has been hiding behind his celebrity too long.. He's truly a whackadoodle. I could say worse, but am trying to reframe.

No!

I don't get it, I don't see how I could watch it fine for two days, then all of a sudden have it just quit and I watched it through both sites too. :(

I'm trying again this morning, we'll see.

I find it so odd that there isn't more curiosity about this case.

It's not being treated like other celebrity cases. Is it because maybe he appears so quilty and they have so much against him that the media feels he will be convicted?

Very strange. :)

I have been following this case. For me....like other celebrity cases and with so much against him I am afraid he will get off. Paris goes to jail and OJ walks...who knows what will happen when it comes to famous people.

My fear is that this psycho of a man will walk. He's just plain scary!! :eek:
Rarely are celebrities held accountable for their actions.

My fear is that this psycho of a man will walk. He's just plain scary!! :eek:
Rarely are celebrities held accountable for their actions.

I so agree, you just can't convict them in Cali

I have been following this case. For me....like other celebrity cases and with so much against him I am afraid he will get off. Paris goes to jail and OJ walks...who knows what will happen when it comes to famous people.

Not that I think that Paris doesn't deserve what she's getting, but I think she's the token. So they can say, see!

By Harriet Ryan
Court TV The issue of Clarkson's mental health came to the forefront of Spector's trial as the defense continued its cross-examination of Dr. Louis Pena, the medical examiner who ruled her death a homicide.
Pena said his determination was based on a number of factors, including evidence that Clarkson was a "happy" person with a hopeful attitude who was unlikely to kill herself.
In his second full day of cross-examination, Plourd peppered the pathologist with questions about aspects of Clarkson's background and mental state he considered and whether other evidence developed by the defense could have changed his view.

I snipped this from an article on court tv-- the bold is mine

I am confused--- why is there so much "mental" background being answered by the medical examiner/pathologist ?

I did hear one little blip last night, about brusing to her tongue and felt the gun had been shoved in her mouth. How terrifying can that be? I hope it was quick, I can't even imagine. This guy has been hiding behind his celebrity too long.. He's truly a whackadoodle. I could say worse, but am trying to reframe.

yes, that's what it sounded like to me, too, Class-z. Shoved into her mouth - I believe it WAS quick.... :( :mad: a$$hole... hope you got connected!!

Ntegrity - LOVE your siggie!! :dance:

And someone back a ways - asked if anyone is watching this trial... YES!! I am!! get to watch it on the net (at KTLA) at work... everyone thinks I'm in a teleconference!! LOL! :) :D life is good!

Trial on Monday - 9:30am???

Whackadoodle? That would be the understatement of the century!

I think he's as guilty, as OJ is. I also think he might get acquitted thanks to Dr. Lee. Maybe that was part of the plan?

Oh, lawdy. I think my critical thinking skills are gone. I have been informed that I don't have any reasoning skills, so perhaps that's what is wrong! LOL

Yes the ME, Dr. Pena, said that there was bruising on her tongue, which would indicate that the gun had been forceably shoved into her mouth, before the trigger was pulled since she wouldn't bruise after death. I can only imagine the horror she must have felt. :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back