GUILTY CA - Lana Clarkson, 40, fatally shot, Alhambra, 3 Feb 2003

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Whackadoodle? That would be the understatement of the century!

I think he's as guilty, as OJ is. I also think he might get acquitted thanks to Dr. Lee. Maybe that was part of the plan?

Oh, lawdy. I think my critical thinking skills are gone. I have been informed that I don't have any reasoning skills, so perhaps that's what is wrong! LOL
Dr. Lee was hired by the defense so I don't see how his now tainted reputation for collecting evidence at a crime scene (on defense cases) would contribute to PS being acquitted. If anything, imo, I see that it hurts the defense since Dr. Lee now isn't a credible witness for them. But I also think the defense has hurt themselves in other areas too, like coming up with this "accidental suicide" theory. Whatever that is supposed to mean. :mad:

Wouldn't you know it? I tried everything for weeks now to watch this trial at work. I even checked on my bosses computer to see if it was something just with mine. No luck, on either one. Probably a good thing, because I don't think he would be happy with me, if I through him out of his office. :)

I come home and for the first time, eariler enough that I can try here. Wahla, it worked. I heard the very last question and they adjourned for the day. :(

I guess, it's just not meant to be, unless I take vacation and stay home and watch it. :) LOL!

Wouldn't you know it? I tried everything for weeks now to watch this trial at work. I even checked on my bosses computer to see if it was something just with mine. No luck, on either one. Probably a good thing, because I don't think he would be happy with me, if I through him out of his office. :)

I come home and for the first time, eariler enough that I can try here. Wahla, it worked. I heard the very last question and they adjourned for the day. :(

I guess, it's just not meant to be, unless I take vacation and stay home and watch it. :) LOL!
Dr. Pena finally got off the stsnd at the end of today's proceedings, after that far too lengthy cross-examination. Before the jury came in this morning, the Judge ruled that writings from Lana, dated 1989, which the defense wanted in, couldn't be allowed for Dr. Pena. Here's the latest update:

http://www.courttv.com/trials/spector/060407_ctv.html

A criminalist is supposed to take the stand in the morning. :D

Dr. Pena finally got off the stsnd at the end of today's proceedings, after that far too lengthy cross-examination. Before the jury came in this morning, the Judge ruled that writings from Lana, dated 1989, which the defense wanted in, couldn't be allowed for Dr. Pena. Here's the latest update:

http://www.courttv.com/trials/spector/060407_ctv.html

A criminalist is supposed to take the stand in the morning. :D

Thank you!

I do run around checking all the blogs that give the latest updates. It's better than nothing, but I just prefer watching the trial, darn. :)

I did hear the judge tell Dr. Pena, that he might want to hurry out the back door. :)

Thank you!

I do run around checking all the blogs that give the latest updates. It's better than nothing, but I just prefer watching the trial, darn. :)

I did hear the judge tell Dr. Pena, that he might want to hurry out the back door. :)
You're welcome! I'm following the trial every day (at least until I go back to work during the day then I'll be catching up at night too). It's really getting interesting now that the forensics are coming out. :)

btw ~ I did read on another board that the KTLA coverage won't work with Mac. Do you think that's the problem you have at work? There's another Fox station that's compatible with Mac from what I read.

And, Sprock has such a gift describing the distinguished audience in the courtroom as well as what the jury is doing when various testimony is heard.

Just love ole Sprock!

gaia:cool:

You're welcome! I'm following the trial every day (at least until I go back to work during the day then I'll be catching up at night too). It's really getting interesting now that the forensics are coming out. :)

btw ~ I did read on another board that the KTLA coverage won't work with Mac. Do you think that's the problem you have at work? There's another Fox station that's compatible with Mac from what I read.

No Mac here, have PC's here and at home.

I don't get it. It worked for the first couple of days, then phiiiiiiiiiiit, off to cyberspace I guess.

BTW, the puters here at work or the same exact thing I have at home, other than at home I have more memory. 1G, here 512, but as I said, it did work here for a couple of days. :)

So, I just dun't know.

One can only hope, but can you convict a celebrity in Southern Cali??

Good question!!! I think that we're going to see a conviction here. I honestly believe that he'll be convicted. I think that Spector did what he always did (his prior bad acts), but unfortunately, I believe that she tried to stop him and the gun accidentally went off.

I honestly believe that he'll be convicted.

I thought OJ would be convicted but we all know what happened in that case.
Why on earth do you think it was an accidental shooting? Does the evidence support that conclusion? My opinion? Major whackadoodle finally goes too far.

I thought OJ would be convicted but we all know what happened in that case.
Why on earth do you think it was an accidental shooting? Does the evidence support that conclusion? My opinion? Major whackadoodle finally goes too far.

Don't forget that the O.J. trial had race and the Rodney King issues that clouded the case.

I don't believe that Phil intended to kill Lana. I think he was doing his usual "scare them to death with my gun and get my way" routine and the gun went off. I think that unlike some of his other victims that have already testified, Lana didn't take his crap and fought back. I think that he shoved the gun into her mouth and she grabbed for it and it went off. I believe that the evidence does support this conclusion. What's your opinion? Do you believe that he intended to shoot her? If so, how far ahead of time do you think the premeditation occurred?

Don't forget that the O.J. trial had race and the Rodney King issues that clouded the case.

I don't believe that Phil intended to kill Lana. I think he was doing his usual "scare them to death with my gun and get my way" routine and the gun went off. I think that unlike some of his other victims that have already testified, Lana didn't take his crap and fought back. I think that he shoved the gun into her mouth and she grabbed for it and it went off. I believe that the evidence does support this conclusion. What's your opinion? Do you believe that he intended to shoot her? If so, how far ahead of time do you think the premeditation occurred?

I believe the same thing you do Jenna.

He was just lucky for a very long time. It was bound to happen.. He needs to do prison time though

Good question!!! I think that we're going to see a conviction here. I honestly believe that he'll be convicted. I think that Spector did what he always did (his prior bad acts), but unfortunately, I believe that she tried to stop him and the gun accidentally went off.

I'm reading from last to prior, so forgive me. :)

I hope you're right, because I'm sick of celebrities and their money get them a free ride.

Everything, even in court points to a conviction, but we will see.

I find it so interesting that the whackadoodle can sit there so calm during all of this. What did they do to conquer that?

They must of scared the begeezist out of him.

Does anyone know why they shut down the mofia attorney?

I wonder if they will be smart enough to try and make a deal this late in the game?

I love this DA, he's no nonesense and knows his stuff.

Too bad he wasn't on the OJ case. :) Or Blake for that matter

What's your opinion? Do you believe that he intended to shoot her? If so, how far ahead of time do you think the premeditation occurred?

I wish I'd followed the case more closely. Unfortunately, there's not been as much media interest so it's been harder for me to keep up and form a strong opinion. I can't watch the streaming video from work and TV coverage is over by the time I get home, so it's harder for me to keep up with all the proceedings.

All I know is that anyone who repeatedly puts a gun up to someone's head and threatens to blow their brains out and finally accomplishes it (whether intentional or accidental) needs to spend a whole lot of time behind bars ... like maybe forever.

Phil Spector is one creepy dude!! :sick:

my thought exactly-not that I think it is ok it was an accident- I think he is a wackadoodle LOL- but his prior acts will make the conviciton, even though it was not the intent to actually kill her

Absolutely. I own several guns, and I believe in the Second Amendment. Some people forfeit their right to have guns through their own actions, and pointing one at someone who is no threat to you is one of those things. He needs to go away.
ita--

--------
Jeana I feel the same as you.I dont think he meant to kill her,just scare her into staying all night and as you said she fought him~gun went off.He tried this trick once too often and it backfired.He should go to prison for this~a woman is dead,will he I seriously fear he wont.IMO.

, I like your ideas about guns. My son is a big gun-man. He has pistols and loves his sniper rifle. He's a range shooter only. Deal is, even though Phil S. is an icky guy and undoubtedly killed Lana, he thinks ain't no way there's not reasonable doubt AND he's worried about 2nd amendment rights and guns in Phil's future. He understands why I don't want Phil to EVER own or handle a gun again, but if Phil gets off for this murder, he says he doesn't want the GOVERNMENT to step in and take his gun rights away from him. He hopes his family and "handlers" will take care of that situation. I told him Phil runs the show and that failed before and will again.

Also, having brandished guns "at" people for years, the LAW can deem he is unsafe with guns and rule he cannot own or use guns. He lost that right due to his previous behavior. My son will have to "get over it". The second amendment is still safe.

gaia:cool:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela