GUILTY CA - Lana Clarkson, 40, fatally shot, Alhambra, 3 Feb 2003

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hiya Gang...

W <--- hoping that Caplan says, "I agree judge, I will not waste the courts time, delay this trial, or fight for something which is altogether frivolous. I will honor your ruling and testify."
That would be the honorable thing for her to do. It wouldn't be worth the appeals and especially going to jail over, if it were me.

Lots of people think it is death to Caplan's career if she testifies. Perhaps she should look it as an opportunity to go over to the light side and become a prosecutor!

Dare you ask? I was a frequent poster on another site with a very active forum on this trial. Ragnar (also now a poster here) posted a list of three CDA tactics which he dubbed "yada"s (as in yada yada.)

And I added #4: "The victim was a S-L-*T and she deserved it." Only I carelessly typed the actual word. Posted it turned up as four asterisks and for the first time in over 4000 posts I learned there was sanitizing software. I never thought this post was a violation of TOS because I wasn't calling anyone a name or disparaging anyone, merely making a point about CDA tactics.

Within minutes I was unable to post again and I received an angry PM from the mod saying "You know the rules!"

So basically I was banned for posting **** which nobody saw but her nibs when her alarm must have rung.

There was no consideration of context just a very quick gate. And I think it's petty and stupid. But that's just my opinion. And years of thoughtful posts and an effort to be accurate and contribute to the board counted for nothing.

Many asked me to take on an alias but that really goes against my particular grain. Instead I alerted fellow posters where I would be hanging my hat! And here we are. I expect that peeps who can have feet in both worlds. I understand. That forum is more active. But another silly shutdown and maybe they'll stay here. It's nice here.

thanks :) I know this must sound dumb, but I really don't see what is her problem with testifying about seeing Dr. Lee pick up something that looked like the missing acrylic nail piece? Especially now with the Judge's ruling?

No one wants to testify against the all mighty Lee

Ooh, the judge is back saying the issue is deferred until Monday at 9 am and that the parties are working on a stipulation that will make Caplan's testimony unnecessary. But both parties have to agree to it. And then they recessed for lunch and when they return, more witnesses.

As to the stipulation: Nasatir had suggested that they could stipulate that an anonymous person had said blah blah blah about HL. But that's ridiculous!!

I can't imagine a stipulation both sides could agree to.

Lots of people think it is death to Caplan's career if she testifies. Perhaps she should look it as an opportunity to go over to the light side and become a prosecutor!

Dare you ask? I was a frequent poster on another site with a very active forum on this trial. Ragnar (also now a poster here) posted a list of three CDA tactics which he dubbed "yada"s (as in yada yada.)

And I added #4: "The victim was a S-L-*T and she deserved it." Only I carelessly typed the actual word. Posted it turned up as four asterisks and for the first time in over 4000 posts I learned there was sanitizing software. I never thought this post was a violation of TOS because I wasn't calling anyone a name or disparaging anyone, merely making a point about CDA tactics.

Within minutes I was unable to post again and I received an angry PM from the mod saying "You know the rules!"

So basically I was banned for posting **** which nobody saw but her nibs when her alarm must have rung.

There was no consideration of context just a very quick gate. And I think it's petty and stupid. But that's just my opinion. And years of thoughtful posts and an effort to be accurate and contribute to the board counted for nothing.

Many asked me to take on an alias but that really goes against my particular grain. Instead I alerted fellow posters where I would be hanging my hat! And here we are. I expect that peeps who can have feet in both worlds. I understand. That forum is more active. But another silly shutdown and maybe they'll stay here. It's nice here.

WOW!! Thanks for clarifying Lisa! I was wondering what happened. Ya know, that kinda burns me up. There was a post over there yesterday were the guy said some very nasty, derogatory things about Lana. It was up there at least two days and never was shut down. Until today. I notice now it's not there anymore. NOT RIGHT.:furious:

Ooh, the judge is back saying the issue is deferred until Monday at 9 am and that the parties are working on a stipulation that will make Caplan's testimony unnecessary. But both parties have to agree to it. And then they recessed for lunch and when they return, more witnesses.

As to the stipulation: Nasatir had suggested that they could stipulate that an anonymous person had said blah blah blah about HL. But that's ridiculous!!

I highly doubt a stipulation will be reached. Jackson and Dixon
would be foolish to accept any kind of stipulation, imo. Why should they?

WOW!! Thanks for clarifying Lisa! I was wondering what happened. Ya know, that kinda burns me up. There was a post over there yesterday were the guy said some very nasty, derogatory things about Lana. It was up there at least two days and never was shut down. Until today. I notice now it's not there anymore. NOT RIGHT.:furious:
There are a lot of things that "aren't right" over there.

I highly doubt a stipulation will be reached. Jackson and Dixon
would be foolish to accept any kind of stipulation, imo. Why should they?

If the defense would stipulate: Former Spector attorney Sara Caplan saw Dr Henry Lee pick up a small white object, flat with a jagged edge, with a tweezer and placed it in a vial and said so under oath" (which the def will never stip to) why not??
:cool:

thanks for the update lisa :) I'd turned off the KTLA coverage since I needed the window for something else! I don't know what agreement they'll come to either. It will be interesting come Monday morning.

Hmmm....

"Just before" the break where they were going to start discussing possible solutions to keep Caplan from having to testify (after the teary time with Caplan), I heard one of Caplan's attorneys say something as the TV coverage was fading to a break. I believe he was directing that which he was saying to the judge. I'm fairly sure he said, "What if he doesn't testify?" (referring to Henry Lee) or "What if Henry Lee doesn't testify?" Did anyone else hear this too? Have I lost my mind?

I thought,"NOOOOOO DON'T DO THE BREAK NOW!" But away they went and the tv reporter didn't comment :(

Okay...someone straighten me out here... When I saw Lee, he was not before the jury, right? That was just a hearing before the judge and the attorneys? He is yet to testify before the jury, right?

Well, just how hard would the defense consider not having Lee testify? I don't think that is likely...but???

W

PS. I don't think the defense would keep Lee from this case for Caplan's sake, BUT HUH! they might do so for Spector's sake, particularly considering Lee's demeanor when he was previously on the stand (Lisa described the attitude nicely.)

Hmmm....

"Just before" the break where they were going to start discussing possible solutions to keep Caplan from having to testify (after the teary time with Caplan), I heard one of Caplan's attorneys say something as the TV coverage was fading to a break. I believe he was directing that which he was saying to the judge. I'm fairly sure he said, "What if he doesn't testify?" (referring to Henry Lee) or "What if Henry Lee doesn't testify?" Did anyone else hear this too?

I thought,"NOOOOOO DON'T DO THE BREAK NOW!" But away they went and the tv reporter didn't comment :(

Well, just how hard would the defense consider not having Lee testify? I don't think that is likely...but???

W
Good question! I think that would be huge to the jury if he's brought up in the defense O/S and never testifies or no legitimate reason is given for him not doing so.

Hiya Panthera,

Well... The defense saw him on the stand just as we did. Do you think that might have made them think twice whether they really want him up in front of the jury now?

Why isn't Dr. Baden involved, or is he? Wasn't he in the house poking around at the same time Henry Lee was?

W

Hiya Panthera,

Well... The defense saw him on the stand just as we did. Do you think that might have made them think twice whether they really want him up in front of the jury now?

Why isn't Dr. Baden involved, or is he? Wasn't he in the house poking around at the same time Henry Lee was?

W

Hi Wrinkles! Yes, I believe it was Greg Diamond who originally said Dr. Baden was handling the item. So I believe he was "poking" around too.:)

Hiya Panthera,

W
Dr. Baden was there and also present when the medical examiner did the autopsy. I don't know if he was observing Dr. Lee or not and he wouldn't be able to testify in his place, imo. I agree that the defense might be having serious doubts about Dr. Lee testifying but I don't know what they can do to explain away if he doesn't.

Dr. Baden was there and also present when the medical examiner did the autopsy. I don't know if he was observing Dr. Lee or not and he wouldn't be able to testify in his place, imo. I agree that the defense might be having serious doubts about Dr. Lee testifying but I don't know what they can do to explain away if he doesn't.

Yhey do not to explain anything about Lee if he does not testify. O/S are just that and are not part of anything the jury can use in delibrations.

COURT is back in session. James Carroll on the stand. Criminalist specializing in tool mark analysis.

Yhey do not to explain anything about Lee if he does not testify. O/S are just that and are not part of anything the jury can use in delibrations.
I know that but the jury might wonder though. Which expert would cover Dr. Lee's testimony if he didn't?

I know that but the jury might wonder though. Which expert would cover Dr. Lee's testimony if he didn't?

If that would happen two things could happened if anyone found out it was discueesed in delibrations.
1 Reverseal of verdict if found guilty.2 Mistrial

It's true, JDB, that OS are not evidence but they do have an effect on the jury. If for example, the defense attorney tells the jury in OS that the victim was killed by mobsters because of his gambling habit and then brings in absolutely no evidence to support that, in fact the evidence in the case contradicts that, then that will not have a positive effect on the jury.

Juries don't like being lied to. And if, in this case, when all the evidence is in and it is proven that there was NO DNA from Lana on the base of the bullets in the gun, contrary to LKB's OS and that contrary to BC's OS, all the evidence shows that the death gun belonged to Spector--- that doesn't help the defense. To the contrary.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back