GUILTY CA - Lana Clarkson, 40, fatally shot, Alhambra, 3 Feb 2003

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Did anyone get the impression that LKB and the witness were both relieved that the judge called the day?

Sphew, as for myself, a reprieve for a few days... I might get some work done.

So what's with the pressure of the gases? What's with the velocity talk? What can that prove, where is LKB trying to go with this? Anybody got a clue?

I mean, did the pressure of the gases coming out of the mouth wipe the blood off the gun? Did the velocity cause the gun to bounce back and forth in the mouth (recoil, then bounce back in due to the barrier of the teeth) causing the tongue bruising? Hey...was it the velocity that put the blood on the banister or the diaper?

And in "which position" has anyone put Phil when this occurred? Or does that get addressed?

Oh my goodness, do you think that the pressure of the gases made Phil an air head and so he ran outside with a bloody jacket, a gun in his hand dripping blood and the statement, "I think I just killed somebody?" Could this be it? :bang:

Actually, I'm not sharp enough to catch where LKB is going with this, anyone got it?

W

Is Daysleeper a mod here? I'm asking cuz he/she posted at ctv making it very clear that opinions of guilt were not welcome here as the defense has not put on their case yet and absolute opinions are unacceptable here at websleuths as they do not foster debate.

Just wondering if this is an opinion carried by the owner/mod here or just somebody that doesn't like the influx of new posters.

Wrinkles ~ I'm not sure what all her questions to this witness are about either. She should've stopped when she asked if he could tell who fired the gun and he answered 'no'. I thought the built-up gasses inside Lana's closed (meaning no exit wound) head wound and expelling the tissues, blood, teeth out her mouth is something that Dr. Lee is supposed to address when he testifies. Maybe she's trying to get it in through the State's witnesses?

Is Daysleeper a mod here? I'm asking cuz he/she posted at ctv making it very clear that opinions of guilt were not welcome here as the defense has not put on their case yet and absolute opinions are unacceptable here at websleuths as they do not foster debate.

Just wondering if this is an opinion carried by the owner/mod here or just somebody that doesn't like the influx of new posters.
:confused: I didn't see that post over there. I've been posting 'absolute opinions' on another murder case here and never been reprimanded! Sometimes things are just too clear to feel otherwise and then you just have to debate "why" someone would've done it, you know?

:confused: I didn't see that post over there. I've been posting 'absolute opinions' on another murder case here and never been reprimanded! Sometimes things are just too clear to feel otherwise and then you just have to debate "why" someone would've done it, you know?
http://boards.courttv.com/showthread.php?postid=9969161#post9969161

Yes, I am almost always at the "other" place that many of you here have recently discovered. The WS place. That's where I have spent years of thoughtful dialogue. Sure, you are each welcomed over there. But remember that we do not want any absolutes, when only less than one-half of the case has been presented. Certainly, you may post your concepts and beliefs. But NO ONE HERE was there. That is a fact. Can EACH of you say that (if you listened to the rest of the case) that you would not find a reasonable doubt?

Hey JDB, SMOOCH!

Hey Blondekj,

You wrote:
>>Is Daysleeper a mod here? I'm asking cuz he/she posted at ctv making it very clear that opinions of guilt were not welcome here as the defense has not put on their case yet and absolute opinions are unacceptable here at websleuths as they do not foster debate.<<

I don't know if any of us are quite clear on what you are asking, but I do not recognize "Daysleeper" as anyone or any personality here amidst our mods. Of course, I could be wrong :) If Daysleeper is here by another name, perhaps they will let us know :)

We are permitted to opine in WS. There are some ground rules on how we opine (or more than that, who we may not malign). I do not think that the site management or those with the padded rulers that may, at times, get thrust across our naughty lil knuckles (our moderators) will tell us that we cannot have an opinion of guilt based upon whether a court trial has had their "defense" put forth their case.

I don't think that there is any "waiting for the jury to go into deliberations" that sets our permission to opine in here, if that helps answer the questions :)

In my opinion, Spector maliciously and violently killed Lana. Crazy, maybe, but he is not so crazy that he doesn't covet his own rights to go on living in liberty, while Lana is entirely captured by the tomb that I believe he put her (she did not bend to his highness). More likely, he is not crazy (not by court terms), he is just plain filled with unrepentent wickedness, feeling very entitled to hang at his castle and do what he wishes (outside of facing court each day - which he probably feels is so trifling!), and feeling so inopportuned that "his majesty" should have to go through such as this before he returns to entire liberty again. But, this is my opinion... There is more, I'll stop there.

Now then Blondekj, if you don't see me anymore at WS, I got blown away for opining :( HOWEVER I don't think that is going to happen. WS permits me to opine and to be right or wrong in my opinions.

W

I think it's one thing to accuse someone of being involved in a crime with no proof or if they haven't been arrested, but PS is on trial for 2nd degree murder, so obviously the State believes he is guilty!! Yes, there is innocent until proven guilty, but the State is doing a great job so far of proving just that! :)

I've been a member here for a long time (as you can see by my registration date) but I mostly read here if there is a topic that interests me. I mostly post at ctv because I like the traffic...but that post made me feel that the sudden influx of new posters here was less than appreciated.

I don't mind thumbing my nose at CW...but I didn't want to be that rude to the mods at a privately owned and operated board.

If the post at ctv wasn't the opinion of this forum and it's owners, I will happily thumb my nose at the poster who tried to make us feel unwelcome if we don't want to sit on the "Spector must be innocent until the defense has presented it's case" side of the fence.

No. I don't know what forum that person is speaking about but its not Websleuths by the sound of it.
All opinions are welcome here as long as the terms of service are followed.

i saw that post on the other site today and as much as i like posting there (miss you LisaFremont), there are certain people who bait and try to get good posters removed....it's happened to me and by some of the ones currently in operation over there.....i learned and just ignore their senseless posts.

i doubt they will come over here....too much common sense for them. wudge was over there earlier in the trial posting, but haven't seen him lately.

oh it's over there. let me give everyone an example of something that happened today.

on the daily discussion thread i said something about the resounding blow from the gun expert and how the fat lady was singing and some poster attacked me, telling me i was going to get banned for talking about LKB!

nothing in my post said anything about the defense team or LKB at all....about 5 posters came on saying to her "haven't you ever heard of yogi berra's famous line "it ain't over til the fat lady sings?"

when she came back she was combative and told Spring that she hoped she would enjoy being banned because Spring was one of the first who pointed out that she had completely missed the point. not long after court recessed, CW closed the thread down.

that is the kind of unexpected stuff that happens and having been the receipient of several bannings for having an opinion that runs contrary to the IUPG crowd, i say that since i'm not on the jury, i should be able to profess my beliefs before any of the evidence is heard should i so desire.

but there is a small contingent over there that wants to run people off the boards and they try really hard to suck good posters in with their silly remarks. been there and done that.

MOO

One of the biggest things that struck me today was the fact that the expert had to use some of PS's ammo to compare the fatal bullet too because that +P ammo has not been on the market since 1983. In 1983 Lana would have been 16, a minor. I dont even believe that in 1983 minors were allowed to buy ammo. The facts that the only known +P ammo the expert could find to use was PS's and the age of which Lana was at the time that particular ammo was last sold speaks volumes to me about whose gun that 38 truly belonged too. So much for honesty by the Def in their opening statements about the gun not belonging to PS....

JMHO

Hugs,
Anna

summary of testimony for lisafremont :D :D

James Carroll said that there was a rebound lever preventing cocking of the hammer and a hammer block safety to prevent unintentional movement of the hammer into the firing position.

The holsters are 1985 and older. The bullets were stopped manufactured around 1983,
<snip>Then LKB gets up to cross-examine the witness and starts off with a question like does the witness know who fired the gun? and also a little "safety clinic" that someone who had been drinking alcohol and taking drugs shouldn't be handling a gun or it could go off accidentally. She was also remanded by the Judge for being argumentative.

Court is now in recess until Mon. morning at 9:30am with LKB continuing her cross-exam.

Wow! Thanks so much! Clearly I asked a good person to keep me apprised!
One thing that jumped out at me: I had heard that the +p bullets had ceased to be on the market for 10 years.
Now I learn that it was in fact TWENTY-FOUR YEARS!! When Lana Clark was a teenager!!!
Now the jury knows what TOTAL PIFFLE Bruce Cutler's OS claim that the gun wasn't Phillip's!! And btw, how stupid do CDAs think juries are to make such ludicrous claims and think they won't come back to bite them in the butt?!!

LKB was combative? The defense is truly unraveling, imo.

And as I said upthread, these state scientific witnesses are very solid, imo.

oh it's over there. let me give everyone an example of something that happened today.

MOO
I know and read what you're talking about "it's not over ~ " :( It's really sad that with all the interesting testimony going on that subjects veer off into other areas and then threads get shut down.

Wow! Thanks so much! Clearly I asked a good person to keep me apprised!
One thing that jumped out at me: I had heard that the +p bullets had ceased to be on the market for 10 years.
Now I learn that it was in fact TWENTY-FOUR YEARS!! When Lana Clark was a teenager!!!
Now the jury knows what TOTAL PIFFLE Bruce Cutler's OS claim that the gun wasn't Phillip's!! And btw, how stupid do CDAs think juries are to make such ludicrous claims and think they won't come back to bite them in the butt?!!

LKB was combative? The defense is truly unraveling, imo.

And as I said upthread, these state scientific witnesses are very solid, imo.
Good afternoon lisa :) and you're most welcome! Sorry for the grammar errors though. Yes, LKB was reprimanded by the Judge just before court broke for the day and Cutler's O/S just went down the drain, so to speak. The witness was so credible, imo, because he would turn and talk to the jury and explain to them what he was talking about, handling the gun with gloved hands, and so forth. I hope you get to see the testimony Monday!

Good afternoon lisa :) and you're most welcome! Sorry for the grammar errors though. Yes, LKB was reprimanded by the Judge just before court broke for the day and Cutler's O/S just went down the drain, so to speak. The witness was so credible, imo, because he would turn and talk to the jury and explain to them what he was talking about, handling the gun with gloved hands, and so forth. I hope you get to see the testimony Monday!

Hi everyone! I heard LKB got reprimanded by Judge Fidler before the day's end? Is that true? If so, what happened? I missed it.:doh:

Hi everyone! I heard LKB got reprimanded by Judge Fidler before the day's end? Is that true? If so, what happened? I missed it.:doh:
I answered it for you elsewhere already, as you know!! :D

An experiment done to demonstrate how LC could not have pulled that trigger on her own:

http://boards.courttv.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=300829&perpage=40&pagenumber=9

If it doesn't take you all the way to it, the post is done by BudP, halfway down the page. Bud is a firearms expert, not just some run of the mill gun owner. He is a firearms tester, by profession, if I understand correctly.

He does not advocate anyone doing this kind of experiment - just to get that straight.

Unless LC had a pretty big bruise on the outside part of her thumb, she could not have pulled the trigger and killed herself!!

JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela