GUILTY CA - Lana Clarkson, 40, fatally shot, Alhambra, 3 Feb 2003

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I did read Pavelic's blog entry and I do recall that he did maintain that Stan White was a mole or an informer from the prosecutors, and that's not really consistent with his testimony which called SW a "snitch."

Slight differences, maybe. A snitch turns on colleagues whereas his blog has him more as a mole, a deliberate plant.

Anyone have a clue as to what LKB is going after here in cross?

Wrinkles and lisa .... as the sound came on on KTLA, RR was saying something about an 'infiltration in the defense camp' and since this term was used in Bill Pavelic blog entry (open letter to the judge, lada, lapd) titled: Prosecutorial / Judicial Misconduct / Gag Violation. In this blog, he specifically writes .... Mr. Dixon specialty is hyping the facts and illegally invading the defense teams. referring to using Stan White in this capacity on the day the defense was granted access to the 'castle'. This blog entry was an attempt to question Sara Caplan's memory of SW being there and what she 'saw'.

http://www.billpavelic.com/2007/06/11/bill-pavelic-regarding-gag-motion/

I see that CTV has returned to the Nifong bone. :mad:

Phil is yawning already--- 10am PDT and he's yawning.

Mr Carroll comes across to me as very precise and earnest.

Hi Lisa,

CTV has me so peeved! I worked myself stupid this AM so that I could go lay down and do the Spector trial and a rest after the fact, but now it is NIPHONG. I've had enough of Niphong thing...I'm onto the Spector thing.

In the meanwhile...

LynnG, I don't get any Stan White mole issue. I don't think that Sara was a mole, so I'm not sure where to go with thinking about this.

W

PS. Sorry, my response isn't hugely intellectual LynnG.

Hello Lisa,

Keep us posted what is going on. My broadband is dumping and I can't get KTLA at the moment :(

W

PS. LKB is like a broken record, she is trying to score some type of point that I haven't figured out yet. I hope she doesn't score it - though I don't know what it is. It is OBVIOUSLY something she thinks she needs...

AJ is doing a redirect. He is asking about his standards as a scientist, that his meetings with the investigators had no influence over his tests or results.

Hi everyone! :)

Court back in session after morning break. Steven McDowell, criminalist with the Coroner's office specializing in GSR has just taken the stand and is going over his background, etc. Dixon is doing the direct questioning.

New witness: Steve Dowell (sp?) giving his CV. He's a criminalist with the coroner's office.

Over the weekend I watched 48 HRS/MYSTERY covering the David Camm murder retrial and the case which prominently involved high-velocity blood spatter on Camm's Tshirt which was a big part of convicting him.

The blood spatter expert on that show said that evidence of high-velocity blood spatter means that that object with it was no further from the gun than 4 feet.

They demonstrated it with fake blood and a gunshot showing the misting that results, contrasted with slapping a blood puddle.

David Camm claims that the tiny dots of blood stains on his shirt was a result of blood on the tips of his daughter's hair touching his shirt as he reached over to his son.

In this case, there are the tiny dots of blood on Spector's jacket.

What is LKB going, cough, after here?

Lisa I wasn't at my computer at the time I was listening, but I was thinking what she was trying to do in some way get Carrol to say something about the pressure of the shot when leaving the barrel to the atmosphere. Maybe she was digging for him to say something, which she could use to substantiate her claim of PS being six feet away from Lana when she accidently committed suicide :rolleyes: and to explain the blood on his Lady's jacket!

IMO she is annoying!

http://blog.courttv.com/phil_spector/2007/06/tk_13.html#comments

No deal for Caplan
The lawyers file out of chambers looking grim, and the judge
announces that after a "frank" and "off-the-record" conversation, no deal could be reached. The prosecution offered a stipulation the judge felt would have "resolved" the issue, but the defense nixed it. As a result, the contempt proceeding against Caplan will go forward at 1:30 this afternoon. She asks if it can be postponed until Wednesday, but Fidler says it is important they go forward now. He reassures her of the promise he made last week: He will stay the contempt finding to allow her to appeal. -- Harriet Ryan

Till Wednesday?

How does everyone see her in respect if she goes to jail for five days as compared to going to jail and not being released until after the trial?

How does this work, if she goes to jail for 5 days, what happens after the 5 days? Then her EH is read into the record, right?

If she stays in jail till after the trial is over, I suppose her EH testimony will still be read into the record, right? I must have this wrong, something isn't making sense.

Is she trying to fall on her sword, lol to save herself, at least in her eyes to all her defense comrades? future clients? I think so. Might work with her DC, but doubt future clients would be knocking her door down. She is between a rock and a hard place.

Then there is the possibility of a 'misdemeanor' on her record from what I understand. How will this affect her career?

Please someone explain :) lol help!

Bottom line what's wrong with the truth, isn't that what both the D and P are suppose to be about?

Nothing.

Nope. The defense is about getting the best result for their client, consistent with the law. A verdict of "not guilty" for a client that did it is a good result for them.

I'm not implying in any way that I feel Spector is innocent - because I do not.

The law however, states the D if they find some evidence has to turn it over to the prosecution. In this case, specifically in regard to what SC witnessed at the crime scene, it didn't happen.

oopss storming here, see ya later

Nancy went out on a limb to defend Henry Lee. She just won't believe that he would deliberately do anything wrong. It must have been inadvertent. {amela Hayes doesn't believe it either.

:hand:

I guess Nancy doesn't want to face facts, such as Lee's admission on the stand that he "forgot" to document the photo of what he claims to be a "gouge" in the wood stair, a white item that looks precisely like the item in question.

And that Henry Lee in past cases claimed that trowel marks in the concrete were a second set of footprints at the Bundy crime scene.

And that there was "too much blood for a beating" of Kathleen Peterson.

He has, imo, absolutely no credibility. And I think I will tell her so.

Hello Lisa,

I think you are right... When I was watching, I finally came to that, then saw your above note. Yup...you are right. The object of the pressure/velocity thing that LKB is going after has got to be about blood spatter on Spector.

But the lack of spatter on Spector would prove nothing to me... What if Lana's jaw and lip muscles clamped shut when the shot was first fired, could the pressure be expelled into her lungs (helping to explain some of the blood there) and out her nose (or ears). Do we know if blood came out of her nose and/or ears? Of course, we know that her teeth were broken, but that should not nullify a thought that the jaws/lips could have immediately tensed and reduced outward splatter to a minimum. Aside from that, how much blood spatter occurs when a person is hit in the back of the throat? Additionally, the back of the throat is what, 1 inch, 2 from the opening of the mouth to the throat? Then there is a 1.5 or 2 inch opening from the mouth to the throat for the spatter to reflect back out, right? So a certain amount of spatter coming from the wound, if any when shot in that soft tissue, seems like it would be stopped by the radius of the mouth to throat opening. It might also be stopped by the tongue retracting back into the throat or upward?

Oh...and what if Spector had that diaper over his hand behind the gun? Would that block spatter?

I hope that the prosecution has witness that can assist with the "lack of spatter" aspect - seems that it would be easy enough to diffuse.

W

Nancy, I am aware that you do not wish to recognize the truth about Dr Henry Lee perhaps because you know him personally. This puts you in a category with others in denial, like Scott Peterson's parents and other see-no-evil types. Take off your blinders!
Face the facts:
Three people testified credibly, and Robert Shapiro admitted, that some piece of evidence was overlooked by the sheriff-investigators and found by the defense team and that it was a small white, flat object with a jagged edge.
A photo of a white object matching that description was finally turned over to the prosecution.
Lee claims that it's a "gouge" in the wood which is laughable. AND the photo is undocumented and Lee admitte under oath that he "forgot" to record the details.
He also confessed to having different standards of care which makes him look more sloppy than scientific.
Under cross by Alan Jackson, Henry Lee was evasive, combative and testy. No doubt that did not add to his credibility in the judge's eyes.
More facts:
Henry Lee in past cases claimed that trowel marks in concrete were a second set of footprints at the Bundy crime scene. Preposterous!
And that there was "too much blood for a beating" of Kathleen Peterson. Ludicrous on the face of it and the jury agreed.

You are deluded and relying on Henry Lee's reputation which has long been a very tattered and transparent suit of clothes.

You and Rikki may stake your reps on his but it's a HUGE mistake. You may find him very credible but there are many observers who have never met the man and who have no regard for him whatsoever.

He has, imo, absolutely no credibility.

<sniip>But the lack of spatter on Spector would prove nothing to me... <snip>

But Wrinkles, there is no lack of spatter on Spector's jacket. There is high-velocity blood spatter on his jacket that is consistent with the same dots of blood on Lana's slip dress in her lap area.

Hiya Lise,

Previously you had written:
>>In this case, there are the tiny dots of blood on Spector's jacket.<<

My apologies, I was thinking "amount" of spatter or maybe size of spatter marks. When you referenced "tiny dots" I was thinking that there was a small amount and that the defense would like to say there would have been more spatter, and/or bigger spatter marks if he were close to Lana (as in him shooting her.) But, no matter, as the defense would only dangle "well what if he ran up to try to stop her from shooting herself." Either way, it seems that they can only throw doubt and hope it sticks.

W

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back