GUILTY CA - Lana Clarkson, 40, fatally shot, Alhambra, 3 Feb 2003

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They just came back from break a few min. ago. During break, Rosen asked to have the Judge admonish Jackson for "editorializing" questions and yelling at the witness. The Judge disagreed and told him to "object" when he had one.

The witness says that Lana would have found it easier to shoot herself in the mouth rather than the temple because of her range of motion because of prior injures.

Jackson brings up Lana's physical therapist, Dr Karen Luckett's reports.

Dr DiMaio said that people that shoot themselves in the mouth, commonly do it with both hands.

Jackson is doing some courtroom demonstrations with DiMaio as to the orientation of Lana's head and so forth.

We used Di Miao as an expert in a case once. I seemed to like him a great deal more then. :angel:

Anyway, I'm finding his testimony pretty hard to swallow. I find it hard to believe that she couldn't have gotten any of the "material" that he was referring to finding on her hands and arm if she merely raised her hands to try and get the freaking gun out of her mouth where Phil put it in the first place. Wouldn't that be one's normal reaction? Some guy is putting a gun in my mouth and I think he's going to shoot me and I want it out NOW. I'm going to raise my hands to get him off of me. I think its when she raised her hands to remove the gun, it went off - whether on purpose or not - but I believe so far that Phil's finger was on the trigger.

More notes ~

DiMaio is asked if he examined the photos of the chair, Lana's purse, slip dress, jacket, photos of how Lana was found. He had seen them and they discuss spatter and satelite spatter or secondary spatter.

He would expect copious amounts of blood on Spector if he was the shooter. There should have been more blood and tissue on the jacket.

Jackson wants to go back to the gasses in the mouth and the explosion of gasses. Jackson says that the witness described it as a jet engine...an SUV. DiMaio denies this and says he used that for something else. Jackson asks Di Maio to explain muzzle pressure and DiMaio says that there really isn't such a thing as muzzle pressure. He said that bullet exited chamber at force of 5,000 lb psi. Jackson disputing theory saying that her whole head would've been blown apart.

Di Maio says there was no blood on the sleeves of Spector's jacket. Just fifteen fairly large ones on the left front of the jacket.

Jackson: Are you sure there was no blood on the sleeve?

Di Maio: Oh, there was a little on the edge.

Jackson: Are you sure?

DiMaio starts looking through his many pages of notes.

Judge Fidler: This is a good time to take a recess for the day. :D

DiMaio was exposed today as a hired gun with an agenda the defense bought and paid for.
AJ asked him about the GSR. VD had to admit that the GSR on Lana ALSO was consistent with her NOT shooting the gun.
And AJ pressed DiMaio on why that wasn't in his report. VD said that experts reading it would know that.
"But what about the lay-person on the jury?" He was asked.
And when VD insisted he told the truth, AJ said, "You gave the jury a HALF TRUTH."

AJ is pointing up the jury what they really already knew if they have been paying attention through the pros. case which was a mini-seminar in physical evidence.

It's devastating. And it's not over!! The most riveting cross I have ever seen.

I think you can tear up your tickets to the Lee-Jackson match and the Spector-Jackson smackdown. They prolly won't be happening. Drat!!

I think they estranged themselves from him after years and years of abuse growing up.
Actually, they are posting on another board, and they say their dad kicked them out when they were 18. They still want to talk to him, he ignores them.

Di Maio says there was no blood on the sleeves of Spector's jacket. Just fifteen fairly large ones on the left front of the jacket.

Jackson: Are you sure there was no blood on the sleeve?

Di Maio: Oh, there was a little on the edge.

Jackson: Are you sure?

DiMaio starts looking through his many pages of notes.

Judge Fidler: This is a good time to take a recess for the day. :D

Panthera, I feel it was a great day for P, AJ was frothing at the bit to get started on VD, so much he was rather different than when we have watched him before! No wonder there, as AJ has so much to pick apart, his enthusiasm and excitement at finally getting his hands on him made him go wild!

Wondering if VD found the anwser yet, LOL, he appears most unorganized. I suppose he thought he would rule the day, per his so called reputation and his head prop, which I thought was disgusting. When today's trial session ended, I wondered if he was headed out for a Navy Grog! :waitasec: I doubt PS was very pleased with him. He was dis-organized and appeared rather senile IMO. What was it he was paid so far, some $26,000 and $300/hour for yesterday and today and still counting!

Note to Lisa: After the HL fiasco, I was of the opinion he would find some reason to fly the coop! :chicken: I guess, in his mind, he is looking to cut his losses. It can only get worse if he testifies and is crossed at the hands of AJ, however I hope this will follow the little guy forever after! Do you think he has cooked his goose? Maybe only time will tell.

I admire Judge Fidler, he calls it as he sees it , and is not afraid of the big Henry Lee, who is still whining! :D

Actually, they are posting on another board, and they say their dad kicked them out when they were 18. They still want to talk to him, he ignores them.

Wondering, I haven't read the entire thread there, but do you know the age of the two sons? PS doesn't deserve their support. I'm not sure if I was in their position that I would give a darn about him. Infact from what I have read, I would change my name.

Wondering, I haven't read the entire thread there, but do you know the age of the two sons? PS doesn't deserve their support. I'm not sure if I was in their position that I would give a darn about him. Infact from what I have read, I would change my name.
I have no positive info on their ages, but I think they are in their 40s. I don't understand their decision to care about PS, but that's for them to deal with.:confused:

Hiya Gang,

I guess we are all seeing a number of things, interesting to read all of you...thanks for participating in this thread.

Jeana, you wrote:
>>Anyway, I'm finding his testimony pretty hard to swallow.<<

What aggravates me is his use of "when she shot herself." I'm not quite sure that I would let this type of wording go by if there were any way to stop it. It is a type of hypnotism, a type of "speaking the lie" into the people listening.

Of note: when Di Maio made his statement that there was nothing sure but death and taxes, he screwed up big time in my eyes. I think a defense attorney heard the same thing I did, because he immediately hit his note pad when he heard him say that.

I hope that AJ will pick up Di Maio's comment yesterday, "There is nothing sure in life but death and taxes." I hope that AJ finds a way to screw that into a crescendo of some sort. i.e. perhaps he could make sure to repeat to the jury that Dr. D clarified that he is absolutely not sure about a cause of death, he stated that there was nothing sure in life besides death and taxes. BUT...AJ must not leave the winking, blinking, face squinging, face twisting, arm of glasses chewing (yik, it has his ear goo on it), so-called expert to speak another word to further contort the facts.

Also of note: A half truth is often a lie. I think the jury could use some good reminder comments. "Hitler was very loving." (half truth, he might have been to his mistress.) Full truth, "Although Hitler had some loving moments, his love extended to one person (his mistress). Hitler displayed no love to the children and adults, millions, that he ordered to be shot in the head, tortured, starved, skinned, placed in the gas chamber, etc." There are surely some better, more touchable, contemporary examples of how the half truth is nothing but a lie.

Lisa, I am comforted that you found AJ's cross riveting. I really like this guy. I hope that he can expose Di Maio as the defense puppet that he is. I work with scientific evidence, and this Di Maio sets my teeth on edge.

Niner, Panthera, Wandering, La Mer... I am appreciating your input and commentary!!!

W

Hi lisa! I thought the exact same thing about alcohol impairment when he said that.

This article is very interesting regarding Dr. Di Maio ~

http://www.militarycorruption.net/LEGACYOFSHAME.htm

April 2006, Dr. Vincent DiMaio, Chief Medical Examiner of Bexar County, placed San Antonio on notice of his plans to retire in 2006. Years of controversy over questionable autopsies, shoddy work, out of court law suit settlements, falsification of records, and accusations of tailoring autopsy findings to support theories of law enforcement officials, has plagued the Office of the Bexar County Medical Examiner. He is in good company, however, as in recent years, Medical Examiners and Crime Labs throughout the State of Texas and the Nation have come under enormous scrutiny for their actions of incompetence and corruption.

OH NO!! Not another one... !! :eek:

snip...
maybe they are hoping to drag this trail out, so Spector (the whackadoodle) can just die of natural causes.

:D :laugh: Thanks for the chuckle!! Now - do you have a towel to go with that.... :doh:

Who is this "Ramones" cat? I haven't even heard of him and couldn't give a Court TV "patooey" about his opinion.

Don't tell me that drugs and alcohol are a bad mix, we all know that.

LC hadn't lost her marbles, she wasn't socked, and she wasn't looking to suicide. She was the victim of a man who was tweaked, a murderer (in my opinion.)

Get this dolt off the TV...he is a "zero."

W

Who is this "Ramones" cat? I haven't even heard of him and couldn't give a Court TV "patooey" about his opinion.

Don't tell me that drugs and alcohol are a bad mix, we all know that.

LC hadn't lost her marbles, she wasn't socked, and she wasn't looking to suicide. She was the victim of a man who was tweaked, a murderer (in my opinion.)

Get this dolt off the TV...he is a "zero."

W

OHMYGOD!!!! I've never been a huge fan like Jamie Floyd, but I've heard of them.

Anyway, let's start a new thread. This one's too long.

sorry, but this guy (DiMaio) is an a$$h@le!!! :)

"excuse me, sir... "

I am LOVING this exchange between the DA and Dr. DiMaio... ;)

Go AJ... GO AJ!

Someone whisper in AJ's ear to go back to the blood transfer from Spector's hands to stairwell, door knob etc. "So Dr. Di Maio, can you tell us how Phil Spector's hands transferred blood to all of these places, BUT when the police arrived, there was no blood on this man's hands? Did it just disappear into thin air? If it didn't get washed off in the sink, could it have been washed off in a toilet? or on a wet rag that got flushed down the toilet?"

HOW OH HOW DOES BLOOD ON HANDS DISAPPEAR IN 2 HOURS?

w

Go AJ... GO AJ!

Someone whisper in AJ's ear to go back to the blood transfer from Spector's hands to stairwell, door knob etc. "So Dr. Di Maio, can you tell us how Phil Spector's hands transferred blood to all of these places, BUT when the police arrived, there was no blood on this man's hands? Did it just disappear into thin air? If it didn't get washed off in the sink, could it have been washed off in a toilet? or on a wet rag that got flushed down the toilet?"

HOW OH HOW DOES BLOOD ON HANDS DISAPPEAR IN 2 HOURS?

w

Wrinkles, I am watching AJ's replay of AJ's questioning VD about the blood on the door knob, the stairwell, the bathroom and in PS's pocket He consented it wouldn't have come directly from Lana, she was dead. Brilliant VD!

There is no way the jury is going to believe PS was trying to aid Lana by being a good host, and using the diaper to render aid to Lana! LOL VD's opinion of whether PS washed his hands, but now he relents to PS wetting his hands. This guy is nuts! Lana must have had the disappearing kind of blood! He is not going to admit it, but after a lot of pressure from AJ, he admits anything is possible. ?

What they will be thinking is: 1. PS didn't call 911. 2. PS rushed out the door saying to Adrianna, "I think I killed somebody"!

Another thing----haha VD after being asked at the close of court yesterday, and not seeming to know the answer, about where Lana's blood had been found on PS's coat sleeve, he still didn't know the answer today when the same questioned was asked of him! :doh: Amazing huh? The more he looks like a dufus, the more PS's hands shake!

I say, stick a fork in him (PS) that is, and there can be no redemption for this so called God of Pathology and Forensics, yikes their first witness yet! Clearly he doesn't know the evidence in the case. He appears to be a superflubbadoodle!

Drats, I'm going to miss the afternoon session. Remind self to not get interested in trials coming from CA!

I am LOVING this exchange between the DA and Dr. DiMaio... ;)

Hi Niner! I agree for the part I was able to see, it was really something! I can't ever remember such an interesting defense witness, oh well maybe with the exception of the Ketsup spewing one. LOL However, this one just keeps going and going and going! :D

By the way, thanks for responding to my question/problem with entering Websleuthes. Server problems had crossed my mind, but I wasn't sure. Things seem to be better now. :) Thank Goodness!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns
Back