Found Deceased CA - Lauren Cho, 30, from NJ was visiting for 2 mos, Morongo Valley, 28 Jun 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
SEP 24, updated SEP 25, 2021
Lauren Cho Is Missing in Yucca Valley – NBC Los Angeles

lauren-cho-missing-2021.jpg

[...]

The search for Lauren Cho, a 30-year-old New Jersey woman who went missing in Southern California’s Yucca Valley at the tail end of June, has garnered fresh interest after the widespread coverage and unfortunate outcome of the Gabby Petito case.

The Riverside County Sheriff’s Department announced Tuesday it would join the search for Cho, saying the department would be chasing down leads from family and friends.

[...]

Thanks to the Daily Beast Sept 25, I've only just now heard about Lauren Cho. The last person to see her was her ex, Cody Orell? She'd recently got into an argument with him over a car they jointly shared? He was a roadie and she a talented classically trained singer, martial artists, skilled chef... ? Mutual friend RJ Okay argues that there's no way CO harmed her, but RJO wasn't with them at that time, so...? Locals do a search and find no trace of LC's Doc Martin footprints even though her ex said she walked off? No trace means she couldn't have walked the 2 mile dirt road to hitchhike? LC goes missing June 28, last seen by her ex, CO, and then a search warrant of the area isn't served until July 31?

How convenient. eta: MOO: LC never left.

So confused as to why when I google Lauren, this top headline pops up saying her body was found. There are no articles or any news sources? Just that top headline from google?

Goodness @Blueflowers333 I don't know what that is? I ain't no tech for sure.

The beautiful Lauren Cho also goes by the name of El Cho. Maybe try that? Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Actually my DD said Lauren had showed up on a missing flyer on her whatever social media artistic, burn an effigy, meditate at an exact time so world vibrations can elevate so your food truck does well that day social media.

Lauren is more than missed. Man, I pray she had money stashed and beat it out of there. Not likely. Nor is such a beautiful and talented young woman bound to walk aimlessly towards the desert.

Keep trying @Blueflowers333 .

I am currently researching the Lauren Cho case intensely with news sources listed so I think I can share it here when I am finished.

As always thank you my dear friend.

If ya need to know what the Jersey/Philly fringe set is saying throw me a message. The DD is on some bizarre weekend ( jmo) but has to work in the morn.

Thanks again, chica.

Is there any definitive information that places Ms. Cho at the Yucca Valley location on 6-28? I mean besides the ex-boyfriend's assertation that she was there.

She lived with a bunch of other people at an "airbnb collective" (it is basically a commune of artists) so I am assuming multiple people saw her that day, but I'm unsure. I've read so, so, so, so many news articles and haven't seen any definitive information that anyone saw her that morning besides the ex. A couple of her friends at the commune were quoted (in the Hi-Desert Star, the local newspaper that has many articles on Ms. Cho) as saying something along the lines of "she made us delicious vegan dinners every night, and we assumed she'd be there that night as well."

She lived with a bunch of other people at an "airbnb collective" (it is basically a commune of artists) so I am assuming multiple people saw her that day, but I'm unsure. I've read so, so, so, so many news articles and haven't seen any definitive information that anyone saw her that morning besides the ex. A couple of her friends at the commune were quoted (in the Hi-Desert Star, the local newspaper that has many articles on Ms. Cho) as saying something along the lines of "she made us delicious vegan dinners every night, and we assumed she'd be there that night as well."
I don't find the ex very compelling. If no one else can place her at the airbnb, I would question if she was even there that day.

Random thoughts: What prompted a search for her after two hours? How does CO know she walked into the mountains if he was inside the tour bus? Why didn’t she have the car keys? Were they being withheld from her? If she was dating again, why was she supposedly suicidal? Interesting that all of CO’s “search” tracks were messed up by the search the group undertook later.

Where is Lauren Cho, the beautiful and talented 30 year old woman missing from the artist commune known as The Whole in Yucca Valley, California?

Key
C or CO = Boyfriend
T or TR = filmmaker who created The Whole, the collective of AirBnBs Lauren cooked a vegan dinner for every night

renderTimingPixel.png

A little after 5:30pm on Monday, June 28th, 2021, squad cars with loud, echoing sirens drove down a quiet road to arrive on a fittingly serene property in Yucca Valley, California. A man named CO had reported his former girlfriend and current travel partner missing - Lauren Cho. Lauren (referred to as El by her loved ones) had met C through mutual friends at a get-together on Memorial Day and became close right away. C always dreamt of living out west, and Lauren, sick of her job as a highschool teacher, spontaneously decided to join him in his adventure. They joined a sort-of art commune named The Whole, and fit in immediately with the artists and musicians there. This decision somehow, unfortunately, led to her disappearance.

They had driven all the way from New Jersey to live in California in December of 2020, and the couple didn’t waste any time - they became fixtures in the small community they were a part of - Bombay Beach, population 415. Lauren was locally known for turning C's tour bus into a food truck, and she invited people for dinner nearly constantly, winning new friends nightly with the creative recipes she had invented.

Having a food truck was her dream, and cooking was her passion. Cho was as good at making friends as she was at cooking, and a new friend, TR, invited her to work as a chef in Yucca Valley for his collection of Airbnbs called ‘The Whole’. Yucca Valley was an hour and a half from Bombay Beach, and part of the deal was getting to live on the property, so Lauren gladly accepted the offer. C joined her in Yucca Valley.

CO claims he walked into the bus, witnessed an upset Lauren storm out. He decided not to follow her immediately. This was around 5pm. When Lauren hadn’t returned, C claims he searched for Lauren, calling out her name as he wandered the property. “There was a 10-minute window there and she evaporated,” CO said in a phone interview with the Hi-Desert Star on Thursday, July 1.

C called 911 when there was no trace of Lauren anywhere around the property, inside or out. Lauren had been wearing Doc Martens at the time of her disappearance. Doc Martens are a brand of boots with a very distinctive pattern that would be easy to spot in the sand and dirt. When C granted an interview to the local paper (the Hi-Desert Star), he said of the incident, “I searched all the hills and no tracks, anywhere.”

C also mentioned that Lauren had said on Sunday, the day before she disappeared, that she was going out to meet someone and didn’t say who. C did not pry at the time, but says he regrets that now. He is convinced Lauren got into a vehicle with someone, as he believes she would have followed the trails if she did walk into the hills, and thus a sign of her would have been found by now. The police shared similar sentiments, as did the multiple search and rescue teams that combed through the surrounding desert for Lauren all through the month of July.

Multiple friends who called the sheriff’s station frantically said that Lauren had texted them expressing suicidal thoughts and talked about leaving everything behind. Within a couple of days, local residents called to say they saw her with a man at a restaurant in Yucca Valley, but nothing ever came of this lead.

According to the sheriff’s report of CO’s call for help, placed at 5:13 p.m., Cho walked into the hills between Yucca Valley and Morongo Valley. CO tried to find her and then called their circle of friends for help. He told the sheriff’s station she didn’t take her phone, water or food.

Lauren's friend and fellow artist, Jeff Frost, who lived with Cho at The Whole, said that Lauren found value in everyone else except for herself. Despite Lauren’s many talents and achievements - being a Tae Kwan Do champion by the age of 12, and getting the chance to travel Europe as a talented soprano member of a choir as a teenager - she never gave herself value, which was devastating to everyone who knows and loves her. Her family and friends consistently tried to raise the ] 30 year old's self esteem.

To another of Lauren’s friend, RJ Okay, Lauren Cho is a motivated dreamer who is excited about the future - definitely not someone who would willingly leave the life she was beginning to build in California. “We had dinner the night before,” he said. “I thought for sure she’d be back for dinner again that night.”

On July 2, the San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department officially suspended its search and rescue operation, telling the Hi-Desert Star on July 6 that Cho's case was classified as a missing person. "At this time, there is a current investigation, there is no particular person of interest, and all avenues of leads are being looked into," Sgt. Stafford of the Morongo Basin Station told the newspaper, adding that they did not expect to resume a search effort unless new leads were developed.

But on July 24th, the search resumed when the department conducted aerial searches of the mountain terrain near where Lauren had been staying. Then on July 31st, officers served a search warrant at the AirBnb where Cho had been living, according to a press release issued by the department on Aug. 2. They used seven dogs to search the property as well as other nearby areas for evidence.

At the time, the department said in its release that more operations would be conducted as further leads were developed. It was more forthcoming about the reason for the search in a statement to the Hi-Desert Star.

"We sought a search warrant due to the property owner not being present and multiple people on site living at the location," Sgt. Eric Smoot told the newspaper, noting that it was the second search warrant served on the property. He added that the weather in the area had been hampering search efforts for Lauren.

A very important development occurred on September 21, 2021. The San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department said in a press release, “Investigators with San Bernardino County Sheriff’s, Specialized Investigations Division are assisting the Morongo Basin Station in the effort to locate Lauren Cho. Investigators are investigating all leads and working with family and friends of Ms. Cho. Future search operations will occur as further leads develop.”

The investigation had previously been led by detectives from the department’s Morongo Basin Station. The Specialized Investigations Division includes the Homicide Detail, Crimes Against Children Detail and the Polygraph Detail, which investigate major crimes including homicides and suspicious deaths.

"Investigators are investigating all leads and working with family and friends of Ms. Cho. Future search operations will occur as further leads develop," according to the sheriff's department.

Those with information about the search for Cho can contact Detective Edward Hernandez or Sergeant Justin Giles, Specialized Investigations Division, at (909) 387-3589.

Callers wishing to remain ANONYMOUS are urged to call the WeTip Hotline at 1-800-78-CRIME (27463) and/or you may leave information on the WeTip Hotline at www.wetip.com

About Lauren

Lauren Cho is an Asian female who is 5'4" and 110 pounds; she has black hair and brown eyes.
She was last seen Monday, June 28, 2021 in the Yucca Valley / Morongo Valley area.
Lauren was last seen wearing jean shorts & a yellow top.

Tattoos:

Mushroom: lower leg/ankle

Lamb: shoulder

No Face: inner arm, above elbow

Ten Commandments: thigh

Medusa: thigh

<modsnip - off topic>

SOURCES
What happened to Lauren Cho?

Sheriff's Department suspends search for Lauren Cho

Case Of Lauren Cho, Missing Since June, Gets Renewed Attention In Wake Of Gabby Petito’s Disappearance | Oxygen Official Site

<modsnip - Reddit link not allowed>

Calif. Authorities Ramp Up Search for Lauren Cho, the N.J. Woman Who Went Missing Near Joshua Tree

Woman missing in Morongo Valley

Search warrant served at vacation rental property where Lauren Cho went missing

Calif. Authorities Ramp Up Search for Lauren Cho, the N.J. Woman Who Went Missing Near Joshua Tree

Lauren Cho Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Massive search underway for high desert woman who disappeared last week - KESQ

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Beloved Chef, Baker, Singer and Tattoo Artist Lauren 'El' Cho Went Missing in California Desert After Cross-Country Trip With Boyfriend

'What about Lauren Cho?': Friends of missing N.J. woman spread the word

PS. I am still working on the research and it would likely get removed by WS if posted in its entirety due to potential rumors which I totally get, and I don't want to post anything that could hurt one of her friends or family members. But Lauren is on my mind and she is the current open case file here on my desk. I will continue working. Her disappearance deserves all the attention, resources, research, and careful analyzing possible.

Last edited:
Investigators from Specialized Investigations Division are assisting the Morongo Basin Sheriff's Station in the effort to locate Lauren Cho—

DATE/TIME: July 31, 2021/ 6:00 a.m.
INCIDENT: Missing Person/ Search warrant service/ Case update
MISSING PERSON: Lauren Cho, 30-year-old female, resident of New Jersey

UPDATE: September 21, 2021
Investigators with San Bernardino County Sheriff’s, Specialized Investigations Division are assisting the Morongo Basin Station in the effort to locate Lauren Cho. Investigators are investigating all leads and working with family and friends of Ms. Cho. Future search operations will occur as further leads develop.

Anyone with information regarding the search for Ms. Cho is urged to contact Detective Edward Hernandez or Sergeant Justin Giles, Specialized Investigations Division, at (909) 387-3589. You may remain anonymous by contacting the We-Tip hotline at 800-78-CRIME (27463) or www.wetip.com.
242565931_4594304167288410_6311722730175334536_n.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattvaspa895
Back