GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree this was my first thought. My second thought is that this occurred only 26 miles straight shot from Isabel Celis' home. Just food for thought.

Valley Springs (Northern Cal) is only 26 miles from Tucson, Arizona??

IMO LE has been clear in that the 12 year old is not a suspect but that obviously they will be investigating ALL possibilities as he was the last person to be with his sister. That is Standard Operating Procedure and should not be taken as an indication that LE does not think there was an intruder.
MOO IMO etc.

Sadly I expect to hear news soon revealing an ever worse scenario than any posts here layout. Listening to the news this morning they said a certain person had "NOT YET BEEN NAMED A SUSPECT". I hope to be proven wrong but I do not believe the story as has been told. This is my opinion only so please don't start slamming me.

It's OK I'm with you.
Something is just not right for me on this as it is being reported.

I suspect DNA is from touch DNA or perhaps the idiot ate or drank something while in the home. It is surprising how many burglars seem to do that while in what they perceive to be an empty home.

The possibly injured thing puzzles me but initially I thought it was because intruder was reported as having blood on him, so LE were erring on the side of caution, not knowing for sure whose blood it was or if multiple donors.

Overnight Sheriff’s Detectives and members of the California DOJ Bureau of Forensic Services executed a Search Warrant at the home where the homicide occurred.

Some evidence was collected on Sunday. DNA samples are undergoing testing Monday. Among the items recovered were crime scene fingerprints, officials told news. Additionally, search and rescue officials are looking for evidence in the area.”

And yet, officials confirm they still have no suspect. “There is no specific suspect at this time.

http://news.lalate.com/2013/04/29/leila-fowler-8-year-old-killed-by-intruder-prompts-manhunt/

Her body was found by her brother, who was unharmed.

"We are devastated. She didn't deserve this. She was so full of life," said Crystal Walters, Fowler's mother.

Detectives were able to get fingerprints from the scene of the crime and are hoping to identify the intruder.

Although Fowler's brother has not been labeled a suspect in this case, police are still questioning him because he was the only one there at the time.

Read more: http://globalgrind.com/news/8-year-old-leila-fowler-stabbed-killed-home-intruder-video#ixzz2RsFOMRRG

http://www.wptv.com/dpp/news/nation...-year-old-girl-killed-autopsy-scheduled-today

A search of the family's home overnight Saturday gave investigators a "substantial amount of evidence," he said, including fingerprints and what's believed to be DNA evidence.

bbm

In Italics, wondering what that could be?

LE has to be cautious in making public statements and writing reports. For instance they can see blood, they can know it is blood, but in public reports and statements they will often say something like "it appears to be blood." The reason why is that at some point they hope to be facing a defense attorney, and that attorney will often say things like "are you some type of expert who knows blood when they see it? Did you look at it under a microscope? Did you see the suspect bleed there?"

As a result they are very cautious in their statements. "It appears" "They suspect" "It is believed" are common qualifiers.

I agree this was my first thought. My second thought is that this occurred only 26 miles straight shot from Isabel Celis' home. Just food for thought.

Really? I don't think so. This is in Northern California. Wasn't Isabel missing from Arizona?

Thank you for clarifying. I watched the press conference yesterday, and I do not recall it being specified whose DNA and fingerprints LE had found in the home. I will venture a step further here; I don't believe that law enforcement has even officially stated absolutely that there even was really a home invasion. Yes, they are being extra cautious and searching for an unknown assailant, but they could be conducting a parallel investigation as well for all we know. Has there been any other mention in the news media about the neighbor's claim that he saw a man running from the home?

I hear ya, but I am trying hard not to let me mind go there. I really want to know where the three different descriptions have come from.

Something that has been niggling at me. The 12 yr old called his parents to say that he heard an intruder in the home. But I am wondering how he knew it was an intruder, as opposed to his little sister, that he was hearing?

Sheriff's officials say the girl was found by her brother after he encountered an intruder in the home around noon Saturday.

When the intruder ran away, the boy found his sister stabbed.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...-fowler-stabbed-in-valley-springs-home-042913

The boy reportedly said he found his sister as the intruder who stabbed her to death was leaving his house. Police said the boy is not a suspect "at this time, but we are continuing to talk to him."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...ler-of-8-year-old-calif-girl-authorities-say/

Police say Leila Fowler and her 12-year-old brother were home alone Saturday afternoon when he saw an intruder leaving the house.

The boy called his parents, who called 911.

He then found his sister, stabbed, severely wounded.

Read more: http://www.wjla.com/articles/2013/0...eila-fowler-s-killer-88095.html#ixzz2RsM9vgy8

Something that has been niggling at me. The 12 yr old called his parents to say that he heard an intruder in the home. But I am wondering how he knew it was an intruder, as opposed to his little sister, that he was hearing?

And he called his parents first. By that age I would think most kids would call 911 first, then call parents.

Investigators on Sunday were interviewing several people, but no suspects had been named by late afternoon. Detectives were checking out tips that had come in to the sheriff's office, including possible leads from outside the county, officials said.

"It's just terrible," resident Paul Gschweng told Sacramento television station KCRA. "What can I say about it, it's just a tragedy."

The station reported that a neighbor told police that a man was running from the girl's home after the attack.

Investigators were asking area residents to call authorities if they had any information, knew of anyone who had unexplained injuries or may have left the area unexpectedly after the girl was killed.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/29/leila-fowler-killed_n_3177350.html

The boy reportedly said he found his sister as the intruder who stabbed her to death was leaving his house. Police said the boy is not a suspect "at this time, but we are continuing to talk to him."

Cpt. Jim Macedo said investigators collected fingerprints and what they believe to be DNA at the scene.

The station reports two other witnesses gave the same description as the victim's brother, describing the suspect as wearing blue jeans and a dark shirt.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...ler-of-8-year-old-calif-girl-authorities-say/

Investigators on Sunday were interviewing several people, but no suspects had been named by late afternoon. Detectives were checking out tips that had come in to the sheriff's office, including possible leads from outside the county, officials said.

"It's just terrible," resident Paul Gschweng told Sacramento television station KCRA. "What can I say about it, it's just a tragedy."

The station reported that a neighbor told police that a man was running from the girl's home after the attack.

Investigators were asking area residents to call authorities if they had any information, knew of anyone who had unexplained injuries or may have left the area unexpectedly after the girl was killed.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/29/leila-fowler-killed_n_3177350.html

Cpt. Jim Macedo said investigators collected fingerprints and what they believe to be DNA at the scene.

The station reports two other witnesses gave the same description as the victim's brother, describing the suspect as wearing blue jeans and a dark shirt.

Thank you for talking mer down from the ledge. It is important to remember that neighbors described the intruder and they found DNA and prints.

Also important to remember that LE yesterday was telling people to be on the lookout and report info regarding anyone with unexplained injuries or who had left the area suddenly or for unexplained reasons.

We speculated that perhaps LE might have reason to believe the perp was injured in the attack

They say that in ALL stabbings like this.

It is hard to stab someone repeatedly and not cut yourself (unless you are wearing gloves.)
Blood is slippery. It gets on the knife handle after a few stabs.
Then your hand starts slipping down to the blade when you stab them.

This is one reason it would be relatively easy to rule out people.
Odds are good they will have some cuts on their hands or scratches from her fighting back.

I think that's one reason they are taking the intruder angle pretty seriously.
I don't think the brother has wounds.
I also think that if a 12 year old tried to kill an 8 year old... they'd have to stab her from behind..
Otherwise there would be all sorts of scratches and wounds on the 12 year old.

Add in prints, DNA and neighbor witness... and the brother doesn't look likely.
All just my opinion however. :seeya:

They say that in ALL stabbings like this.

It is hard to stab someone repeatedly and not cut yourself (unless you are wearing gloves.)
Blood is slippery. It gets on the knife handle after a few stabs.
Then your hand starts slipping down to the blade when you stab them.

This is one reason it would be relatively easy to rule out people.
Odds are good they will have some cuts on their hands or scratches from her fighting back.

I think that's why they are taking it pretty seriously, I don't think the brother has wounds.
I also think that if a 12 year old tried to kill an 8 year old... they'd have to stab her from behind..
Otherwise there would be all sorts of scratches and wounds on the 12 year old.

All just my opinion however. :seeya:

And the knife would have been found, if it happened that way. I think the intruder took it with him. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member