GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two witnesses reported seeing a man in blue jeans and a dark shirt running away from the home. The description reportedly matches the description given by Leila’s brother.

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013...for-calaveras-county-girls-killer/?hpt=ju_bn6

this third witness. wish I knew if it was another neighbor or how this third person happened to see the perp running away. The above makes it sound as if it was a second person from outside the home who is not a family member.

This is good to hear. I've seen in reports in msm making it seem as if the brother was a suspect. Ugh

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

This is good to hear. I've seen in reports in msm making it seem as if the brother was a suspect. Ugh

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk HD

That is because that makes people feel safer. :twocents:

If you lived in this neighborhood...
Would you feel safer thinking the brother did it, or thinking there was a maniac attacking randomly?

It's also why people jump to "parents fault" because it makes THEM feel safer.

The Calaveras County coroner's office has released the cause of death for 8-year-old Leila Fowler. Deputy coroner Steve Moore said she died from shock and hemorrhaging from multiple stab wounds.

Moore said Leila arrived by ambulance at Mark Twain Medical Center in San Andreas at 12:55 p.m. Saturday and was pronounced dead at 1:01 p.m. Moore declined to release more details.

Read more here: http://www.modbee.com/2013/04/28/2691097/calaveras-county-manhunt-continues.html#storylink=cpy

leilafowler.jpg

link for pic http://fox5sandiego.com/2013/04/29/...ed-multiple-times-coroner-says/#axzz2Rta3vxT0

The Calaveras County coroner's office has released the cause of death for 8-year-old Leila Fowler. Deputy coroner Steve Moore said she died from shock and hemorrhaging from multiple stab wounds.

Moore said Leila arrived by ambulance at Mark Twain Medical Center in San Andreas at 12:55 p.m. Saturday and was pronounced dead at 1:01 p.m. Moore declined to release more details.

Read more here: http://www.modbee.com/2013/04/28/2691097/calaveras-county-manhunt-continues.html#storylink=cpy

That poor sweet girl :(

Leila was a third-grader at Jenny Lind Elementary School in Valley Springs.
Friends described her as a child with a smile that would melt anyone's heart and a winning personality, and as a daddy's girl who loved the color purple.

snip

Leila's 12-year-old brother told investigators he encountered the man, who fled on foot, and then discovered his sister.
Macedo said the boy called his parents, who were nearby, and then called 911. The parents also called 911. Leila was taken to a hospital in Calaveras County, where she was pronounced dead.

Thanks for the link Cheese.

Was in town today. Many news stations were waiting outside of the sheriffs office. Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but wanted to get it all to you asap. A younger male (mid twenties maybe) went on camera in an interview on the 6pm KCRA (nbc) and said that saturday around the time of the incident he saw an older male with grey hair laying on the side of the road with blood all over his arm, around the area of Leila's house. He say's he gave him a ride home and didn't find out about the murder until later. I'm under the assumption that he has spoken to the police now (sometime today), but not 100% sure. Also not sure why someone would go on camera and make such a claim if it wasn't true. We are a very small community and this would surely make you a serve outcast. Although the rumor mill is definitely spinning, KCRA, aslo mentioned multiple rumors are coming out, so not sure they even believed him. And furthermore, not sure if he would be allowed to go on camera and make such a claim. I would think that the sheriff would be also heavily investigating him.

Was in town today. Many news stations were waiting outside of the sheriffs office. Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but wanted to get it all to you asap. A younger male (mid twenties maybe) went on camera in an interview on the 6pm KCRA (nbc) and said that saturday around the time of the incident he saw an older male with grey hair laying on the side of the road with blood all over his arm, around the area of Leila's house. He say's he gave him a ride home and didn't find out about the murder until later. I'm under the assumption that he has spoken to the police now (sometime today), but not 100% sure. Also not sure why someone would go on camera and make such a claim if it wasn't true. We are a very small community and this would surely make you a serve outcast. Although the rumor mill is definitely spinning, KCRA, aslo mentioned multiple rumors are coming out, so not sure they even believed him. And furthermore, not sure if he would be allowed to go on camera and make such a claim. I would think that the sheriff would be also heavily investigating him.

Bizarre-seems there would be a wealth of investigative information from that scenerio, I.e. clear description, address where he took him, possible blood or DNA on the car, any verbal exchange, etc.

When I saw the picture of LF, I felt as though I had seen this little girl before.

Does anyone else see a resemblance between IC and LF, especially (when looking at pictures--our left), the lines in their smile.

RIP beautiful Leila.

IMO

When I saw the picture of LF, I felt as though I had seen this little girl before.

Does anyone else see a resemblance between IC and LF, especially (when looking at pictures--our left), the lines in their smile.

RIP beautiful Leila.

IMO

YES, I immediately thought of Isabel!! Thought I was on the wrong thread.

Bizarre-seems there would be a wealth of investigative information from that scenerio, I.e. clear description, address where he took him, possible blood or DNA on the car, any verbal exchange, etc.

I couldn't agree anymore. It was very awkward and what's more interesting is I see nothing of it on KCRA's website. Maybe the news station is trying to stir the pot? This guy has guts to go on tv and say that though, it kinda a big claim to make given the situation.

Overnight Sheriff’s Detectives and members of the California DOJ Bureau of Forensic Services executed a Search Warrant at the home where the homicide occurred.

Some evidence was collected on Sunday. DNA samples are undergoing testing Monday. Among the items recovered were crime scene fingerprints, officials told news. Additionally, search and rescue officials are looking for evidence in the area.”

And yet, officials confirm they still have no suspect. “There is no specific suspect at this time.

http://news.lalate.com/2013/04/29/leila-fowler-8-year-old-killed-by-intruder-prompts-manhunt/

Please help me to understand- is it standard procedure to execute a search warrant to search her home for evidence in a case like this? I always thought that warrants were issued only to cover LE's arse legally- ie, if the family allows the search, no need for a warrant. But maybe I am totally wrong- just asking for those who might know.

Sheriff's office to update on case tonight at 8pm, and memorial fund set up. Below is from
http://thepinetree.net/

"Fowler Case Update Tonight and a Memorial Fund Has Been Set Up
Posted by: thepinetree on 04/29/2013 06:22 PM
Valley Springs, CA...The Calaveras County Sheriffs Offce is going to hold a Press Briefing at the Sheriffs Valley Springs Substation at 8:00 pm tonight April 29, 2013 This will be an update on the events related to the case. A Memorial Fund has been set up for Leila Fowler at F&M Bank of Central California. Account information enclosed..."

Good catch. Im headed there now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member