GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you or someone else watching transcribe?

Sorry. The livestream was skipping on me so I only got like half of each sentence. From what I could hear, nothing new except a memorial fund. I'm not sure what happened with the family. A man and woman were standing behind the LE officer, then at the end he talked to them off audio, and then he came back to the mic and said they had changed their minds and would speak tomorrow. Then it went back to the reporter at the news station who said she wasn't sure the woman was Leila's mother.

I'm just waiting for the video to be posted, because the livestream didn't tell me anything.

Please help me to understand- is it standard procedure to execute a search warrant to search her home for evidence in a case like this? I always thought that warrants were issued only to cover LE's arse legally- ie, if the family allows the search, no need for a warrant. But maybe I am totally wrong- just asking for those who might know.

I've been trying to think of a scenario where a SW would be needed but couldn't think of anything. Since the death occurred there, the room and any room he was thought to have been in would be considered a crime scene. But I think they can only access what is in plain sight.

Now if they released the crime scene back to the family, and needed something later, they would need either family permission or a SW. And if going for something specific, they might go ahead and get a SW just to cover themselves. Of course if they begin to suspect a family member and want to take something they would likely get a SW.

Other than that I can't think of a reason to get a SW.

Please help me to understand- is it standard procedure to execute a search warrant to search her home for evidence in a case like this? I always thought that warrants were issued only to cover LE's arse legally- ie, if the family allows the search, no need for a warrant. But maybe I am totally wrong- just asking for those who might know.

When you have a crime like this where a family member or somebody living in the home could have been involved they'll execute a search warrant. That way later should they charge a family member or resident in the home with that crime there's no question the search was done legally.

Sometimes they get a search warrant even without suspecting anyone in the home. They got one for the Ridgeway home, IIRC. It is just as a precaution, to prevent any future issues.

WHO??!!?? WHY???!!!!???? This poor sweet little girl-same age as my daughter. RIP Sweet Leila. I have a feeling they will find the monster who took you from your family and there will be justice.

Omg! :please: praying the monster is found. What a beautiful child. :(

The planned on attacking a little girl! He planned on stabbing her, did he know her?

Sheriff says intruder intended to attack Calaveras County girl

"Kuntz said it appears that the intruder intended to attack the girl, and that the incident was not a botched robbery other crime gone wrong."

Read more here: http://www.modbee.com/2013/04/29/2693050/sheriff-says-intruder-intended.html#storylink=cpy

This is so scary. It also says in the article that he said they checked out RSOs, but that didn't mean it was a sex crime. How else they would know she was intentionally targeted? Maybe he meant to take her out of the home :( That poor little girl, they need to catch this monster.

Was there forced entry and what was the point of entry? Anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Authorities have said the killer is a white man or Latino, 6 feet tall and muscular. He was last seen wearing a black, long-sleeved shirt and blue pants. He is considered armed and dangerous.

Read more here: http://www.modbee.com/2013/04/29/26...der-intended.html#storylink=cpy#storylink=cpy

Other than that I am sometimes seeing that he had long gray hair. (I would think that would be uncommon for the area.) He may have received some injury. He may have left DNA and fingerprints. And considering that they haven't matched anything (fingerprints or DNA) I am assuming that he doesn't have a serious criminal record or it is too old for him to be in the system. (Though I would think fingerprints at least would have been in the system if he had a record.) She may have been intentionally targeted.

Was there forced entry and what was the point of entry? Anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't seen anything yet about how he entered. But the above article I quoted contains a quote that people in the area don't usually lock doors. And considering that it was a Sat. afternoon, it is likely doors weren't locked.

Okay no one lives in a total vacuum. There are always people around us. We interact with people in stores and restaurants. We have bros and sis's, friends, spouses, kids. Even the homeless, we see them in certain areas. It is likely that by this time someone has had the thought cross their minds.... could it be?

But maybe out of fear they refused to think of it. No couldn't be him. But in their heart, they know. Maybe they don't want to speak out because what if they are wrong?

If not reported, it is possible more children may die. Parents, siblings always wondering what happened and why.

It is time to come forward. If you are wrong, the person you are thinking of will be questioned, maybe asked for DNA and if they didn't do it they will be released. You can report anonymously. You pick up the phone and call in. LE is good about not collecting info on people who report anonymously.

Please make that call. For yourself, for children, for justice for Leila. And so you won't spend the rest of your life haunted by the question.

I've been trying to think of a scenario where a SW would be needed but couldn't think of anything. Since the death occurred there, the room and any room he was thought to have been in would be considered a crime scene. But I think they can only access what is in plain sight.

Now if they released the crime scene back to the family, and needed something later, they would need either family permission or a SW. And if going for something specific, they might go ahead and get a SW just to cover themselves. Of course if they begin to suspect a family member and want to take something they would likely get a SW.

Other than that I can't think of a reason to get a SW.

From what I have looked up online, a search warrant is not needed when the property owner/owners consent to search. I have no idea if Fowlers were renting or not. It all has to do with CONSENT. If the family gives them consent, they can search without warrant. I don't know what to make of this currently. Suspecting a family member would be a valid reason.

From what I have looked up online, a search warrant is not needed when the property owner/owners consent to search. I have no idea if Fowlers were renting or not. It all has to do with CONSENT. If the family gives them consent, they can search without warrant. I don't know what to make of this currently. Suspecting a family member would be a valid reason.

Even when the family gives their consent, LE will want a legal search warrant. They do that in case they find incriminating evidence and then the consenters decide to change their minds, for example. Or let's say Mom consents but later Dad says he is the owner and he did not consent. So it is better to cover their bases and get a legal warrant.

Sheriff says intruder intended to attack Calaveras County girl

"Kuntz said it appears that the intruder intended to attack the girl, and that the incident was not a botched robbery other crime gone wrong."

Read more here: http://www.modbee.com/2013/04/29/2693050/sheriff-says-intruder-intended.html#storylink=cpy

OK.. now I am wondering... wondering what else was going on. I've stated before that I am familiar with this area, it is a mixed bag of families, retirees, and crackheads. Not a bad area, just a big divide.. almost like Mexico. So you've got not just users up there, but worse, big time dealers/cookers. People you don't want to cross. You might be a builder, contractor, etc. and get into business with someone you wish you didn't. This is not my imagination running wild. I work with a person who has experienced this, and I know of several others that have been on the fringe of this. I am only hoping that Leila wasn't a HIT. It happens, even with the low end drug trade. When I said earlier that there were druggies up in there hills, I did not mean just users. It is a manufacturing plant up there, and I can only imagine someone getting involved, unknowingly OR knowingly, and having problems. I certainly hope this is not the case...

But what do you hope for? Pedophile? no way... I just hope he disappears forever. Hunt him down, LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuriousNelly61