GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ABC7 News ‏@abc7newsBayArea 3m
Authorities release name of a young girl who died after being stabbed in her home in rural Calaveras County: http://abc7ne.ws/cpv5b

The county coroner identified the girl as 8-year-old Leila Fowler. Initially she was reported as being 9-years-old, but Coroner Kevin Raggio said Sunday she would have turned 9 in June.

Rest in peace, Leila.

This reminds me of Heather Church.

Heather was home babysitting her younger brother (2 kids in the house).
An intruder broke in and killed/took Heather when she saw him. (Her brother unharmed.)

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/serial_killers/predators/robert_charles_browne/1_index.html

At least this time there is a body, with evidence and a witness.
Heather's body wasn't even found for 2 years and nobody witnessed her abduction.

They will be able to tell if this child was in anyway assaulted other than the stabbing.
This could be a simple as the little girl saw him and he killed her so she couldn't identify him...

The suspect ran away, prompting a phone warning from the Sheriff’s Department at 2:08 p.m. Saturday to neighbors to lock their doors and windows. That warning still was in place today.

snipped

The Sheriff’s Department has scheduled a news conference for 3 p.m. today to update the public on the status of the investigation.

http://www.modbee.com/2013/04/28/26...urce=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#storylink=cpy

That would be PDT time. 6pm on east coast.

ABC7 News ‏@abc7newsBayArea 3m
Authorities release name of a young girl who died after being stabbed in her home in rural Calaveras County: http://abc7ne.ws/cpv5b

The county coroner identified the girl as 8-year-old Leila Fowler. Initially she was reported as being 9-years-old, but Coroner Kevin Raggio said Sunday she would have turned 9 in June.

Rest in peace, Leila.

RIP Leila...

:rose:

Okay, so it sounds to me like the intruder came in and attacked the 9 year old.
THEN the 12 year old saw him after that attack happened.
Then after the intruder was gone, the 12 year old found the 9 year old.

I think the neighbor does definitely make it clear there was an intruder. :twocents:

In my opinion, it is more probable that there was an intruder considering that a neighbor claims to have seen a person. However, I would not go so far as to say that it is definite. There have been other cases where people have claimed to see a perpetrator, (in some cases, even with the victim), after a crime occurred, and it was later proven to be an inside job. I am personally not ready to form an opinion either way until the investigation processes, and more information is released.

Hi All-

New here. I live in Valley Springs. 3 streets away, less 2 miles from the scene. I was headed into town yesterday about 2pm and on the way I mentioned to my mother that a lot of sheriffs are out today. Helicopter flew over my house about 12/12:30, thought it was weird cause you never hear that here. Moved from Sacramento, where this is a usual occurrence, but not here in the country. Reverse 911 call came in while I was shopping at a small local shop. Shop owner told us the details.

I'm planning on going to the press conference. Will let you all know what happens.

independent sighting by neighbor is very helpful in allaying any of my initial qualms about this one. Thanks for posting that TheCheese.
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013...fs-deputies-investigating-9-year-olds-murder/

Yes, Me too. I am glad the neighbor saw the killer running away. Otherwise the cops would be wasting precious time interviewing the poor 12 yr old. I was feeling a bit curious myself. I am glad there is another witness. This is devastating and frightening. To say the least.

Hi All-

New here. I live in Valley Springs. 3 streets away, less 2 miles from the scene. I was headed into town yesterday about 2pm and on the way I mentioned to my mother that a lot of sheriffs are out today. Helicopter flew over my house about 12/12:30, thought it was weird cause you never hear that here. Moved from Sacramento, where this is a usual occurrence, but not here in the country. Reverse 911 call came in while I was shopping at a small local shop. Shop owner told us the details.

I'm planning on going to the press conference. Will let you all know what happens.

Yes, please keep us updated. I am shocked about this tragedy happening in that area. I spent a lot of time around there because my Dad had a cabin very near there, just outside of Arnold. I hiked that area and skied Big Bear. It was very safe and tranquil and beautiful. This makes me very sad. :cry:

And WELCOME to WS. I am so sorry it is under these horrific circumstances.

Hi All-

Welcome Pray4Snow. So glad you've joined us and thanks for keeping us updated!

:Welcome1::welcome6::welcome:

Investigators also want any information relating to people who may have unexplained injuries or who have left town unexpectedly after the crime was reported. A 24-hour tip line has been set up to answer calls regarding the case. That number is 754-6030.

They are continuing to interview several people. No suspects are in custody.

http://www.uniondemocrat.com/News/Local-News/Valley-Springs-manhunt-goes-on

BBM I wonder why this? Makes me think maybe the brother gave them information that indicated the intruder may have been injured. Or it could be that he was bloody and LE are not sure if the blood witnessed by the 12 year old was the intruder's or the 9 year old sister's. :(

How awful for the parents

I tried to research this with no luck - I assume there has been no mention the perp got away in a vehicle?

I tried to research this with no luck - I assume there has been no mention the perp got away in a vehicle?

Hi, time. No vehicle mentioned. A neighbor saw the perp running. There's a press conference coming up in about 40 minutes. Hopefully we'll get more info then.

Yikes, 12 minutes until press conf. Anyone have a link? for online viewing?

just saw this on my twitter feed (thanks Tricia). Like others, SO many questions. We've seen so many kidnappings, but it's unusual to find a stabbing of a young victim in their own home (ie, did she scream, where are the parents?, was there forced entry?).

I'm thinking about Danielle Van Dam, Polly Klaas, Elizabeth Smart, and more recently the 10-year-old girl who was found alive after she was abducted by two men from the bedroom of her Northridge, California home. And of course we can't forget Shasta Groene, who was also taken from her home. And, Jessica Lunsford. I can spill these names off the top of my head. There's a much greater risk to leave behind DNA in the home, vs. taking the child and doing the dasterdly deed somewhere else.

The only stranger killings I can remember is the Michael Crowe case. Where the 12 year old brother confessed to appease officers, but the real killer was Richard Tuite. And the infamous John Benet Ramsey case.

We're either dealing with a real crazy psycho who lets a 12 year old witness remain alive, or someone within the home. That's what my hinky meter is telling me. I'm merely speculating that these are the two options most will look at.

My prayers are with the family, and I hope whomever did this is found in short order.

MOO

Mel

Are you classifying JonBenet's case as a stranger abduction? Her case is unsolved, but it came out recently that the Grand Jury did vote to indict her parents. I thought of her too when I heard about this case....Child found dead in the home, intruder is blamed. I believe it is extremely unusual for a child to be murdered in their home by an intruder but I don't know enough about this case yet to have a clear theory. But so far, it seems like LE is handling it completely different than the JBR case.

Anyone local watching the presser? Is there a link?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is all I've found about a live stream and I can't find it. Can't find any reporters tweeting either.

CNN Newsource ‏@CNNNewsource 15m
Prsser regarding the stabbing death of a 9-year-old girl in Valley Springs, CA happening NOW on CH 2. Live signal from @CBSSacramento.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli