GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marin Austin ‏@marinaustin reporter at @FOX40
8 y/old stabbed to death: "We have gathered DNA/finger prints at the home of homicide" will be procsd ASAP. Press conference/Valley springs.

pray4snow, our new member was planning to attend the presser, if there is no live link, at least we'll have a member account later

Oh my God all those reporters there and only one can send 2 tweets??? Really???

Marin Austin ‏@marinaustin 57s
"Family members are not suspects at this time. We have no suspects rt now. Search continues." -Calaveras Co Sh. Dpt pic.twitter.com/k4YZdjVHGN

Mods, can we add her name and correct her age now that we have that information?

CA - 8 Year Old Leila Fowler Fatally Stabbed At Home - Manhunt Underway!

Thanks! :seeya:

ABC7 News ‏@abc7newsBayArea 3m
Authorities release name of a young girl who died after being stabbed in her home in rural Calaveras County: http://abc7ne.ws/cpv5b

The county coroner identified the girl as 8-year-old Leila Fowler. Initially she was reported as being 9-years-old, but Coroner Kevin Raggio said Sunday she would have turned 9 in June.

Rest in peace, Leila.

What time did this occur at? Sorry! Sure it's been mentioned but I can't find it in either of the 2 articles I've just read.

I've edited the title. This is just horrible.

Rest in peace, sweetie.

parents were nearby attending a public event

staying with relatives now, for privacy reasons. Very sad. What a way for an average weekend to go horribly awry.

Prayers for those folks.

Okay just got back. It was very hard to hear the sheriff that spoke in the crowd of people (he was soft spoken, no speakers and a lot of background noise). They said no one is in custody, no suspects yet. They have 3 different descriptions of the possible intruder (assuming the brother, the neighbor and someone else..not sure who). The investigation is still very active (I saw multiple police cars to and from town). The FBI has been notified but is not actively involved. I was able to ask the sheriff who spoke (J.m.. I cant remember his full last name) after the conference 1-on-1, if the brother did in fact see the intruder. He said yes, that is what was reported. I was about 2 mins late, sorry I missed the first few questions. They are going to release a written press release soon and may hold another conference tonight or tomorrow. I can go to that too. Next time I'll get there early and get in front and record it/take notes.

8 year old Leila Fowler is the poor girl who lost her life.

If you have questions that have not been answered in the press release (after it is aired) or on news websites, let me know and I can ask them.

So glad to have you with us Pray4Snow. Thanks for getting back to us on what you were able to hear/glean from the presser.

That mention of the third description of intruder is interesting. We know he was seen by Leila's brother (my heart goes out to him, the trauma of this experience, the possible survivor guilt) and it has been reported intruder was seen by neighbor leaving the home, so I assume that is the second description. Curious as to the third.

Wonder if it was from that day or if LE is linking this to the earlier peeping incident and that is their third description. Its either that or some heretofore unknown witness also saw this jerk yesterday.

Hi All-

New here. I live in Valley Springs. 3 streets away, less 2 miles from the scene. I was headed into town yesterday about 2pm and on the way I mentioned to my mother that a lot of sheriffs are out today. Helicopter flew over my house about 12/12:30, thought it was weird cause you never hear that here. Moved from Sacramento, where this is a usual occurrence, but not here in the country. Reverse 911 call came in while I was shopping at a small local shop. Shop owner told us the details.

I'm planning on going to the press conference. Will let you all know what happens.

:welcome: Pray4snow! :wagon:

We appreciate the local perspective!

Thank you for sharing the presser information with us!

:seeya:

Since Leila died at the hospital, is it possible she could have given a description of her attacker?

Actually... I googled " airship" and airships are unmanned, robot, drones...

FYI...

:seeya:

go google some more...lol

My point was to the person that asked the question was the officer was referring to a helicopter not a drone when he said airship. there are no drones in use in cali by LE

btw an airship is actually a blimp but the word has come to mean other things.

Marin Austin ‏@marinaustin reporter at @FOX40
8 y/old stabbed to death: "We have gathered DNA/finger prints at the home of homicide" will be procsd ASAP. Press conference/Valley springs.

The fact that they found DNA so quickly is not a good sign.

My understanding is that Leila's MULTIPLE stab wounds were so extensive, that she was already deceased upon arrival at the hospital.

No suspects in California girl's stabbing death, officials say

The brother, who was not named, "is not a suspect at this time, but we are continuing to talk to him, which would be normal because he was the last person with the child," he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/28/us/california-stabbing-death/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

He's 12. He's a child too.
He should say the 12 year old brother was the last person with the victim. :twocents:

My understanding is that Leila's MULTIPLE stab wounds were so extensive, that she was already deceased upon arrival at the hospital.

But she was alive when police arrived.
So it's possible they have a description from her.

Reading posts here it reminds me of something....

I live in a very rural area; however, it is not far from a major city. The main highway of my state goes straight through my town. My specific neighborhood literally is on the border of nothingness (as I call it). My house backs to open space and there is nothing for probably 30-40 miles except horse/cow ranches and mansions spotted here and there. You also cannot see my neighborhood from the highway - its about a 5 mile drive. I also do not live in a diverse area.

In the past couple of years, there seems to be an increase in individuals casing my neighborhood. There are no buses in my town, no bus stops. People who clearly do not live here are seen walking down the street with say a backpack, or even going door to door as if they are selling something (yet they have nothing in their hands). I have called 911 each and every time I see this happening and it is far far too much. My town has a "no knock and sell" policy in place where unless you are registered with the town, you may not go door to door for anything!

I am home most days due to school and work so I see it all and will report anything out of the ordinary and I never ever EVER open the door unless 1. I am expecting someone and I see it is them or 2. I see the person at the door and I know them (very rare).

I feel safe at home as im very very armed. However, I know there are a LOT of stay at home mom's/housewives who probably are not. And my neighbor who is the sweetest yet most gullible person in the world recently opened her door to one of these "strangers". I was pulling out of my garage and saw this strange out of the place person at her door while she stood there and held her baby and I called the police and sat in my driveway until this stranger went on to the next house. Few houses down the police finally showed up....but I had to be somewhere and don't know the outcome. :/ ETA....the girl was claiming to be offering her services for housework. But, was on foot w/ no car, no business card, nothing....

Sooooo many people and kids I know will open their door to strangers and I warn them to never ever do it. This past Friday night at 10:30pm, my doorbell rang. All the lights were off downstairs as I was in bed....and I grabbed my gun and stood at the top of my stairs because THAT never ever happens. I was not expecting anyone and nobody I know would just show up, even my neighbors. Not at that time!! I looked out a window from upstairs and there was no car in my driveway or in front of my house. My heart was racing. Luckily nothing happened, but I stood there wondering if a call to 911 call was in order and I was physically prepared for something to happen. I didn't call. I also did not sleep that night. I need to ask my neighbors if it happened to them....

So, this story....the perp was probably casing the neighborhood out and the door probably was left unlocked...........and this horrible thing happened.

This is a horrendous story and shows that it could happen to anyone :( While I have a lot of questions that have not been answered....I sure hope that family can stay strong and get thru this. :( I have faith the suspect will be found...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli