GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Andrea Menniti ‏@AndreaMenniti 3m
Map: 300 homes checked out for clues in #LeilaFowler case. Update at 5 #cbs13 pic.twitter.com/eSDOQtqDoo

BJneyMwCQAAAHaS.jpg

Read more: http://www.kcra.com/news/local-news...20038434/-/jgdscgz/-/index.html#ixzz2SYYRM2I3

>>>snip

...Investigators are bringing in FBI crime dogs from Washington to assist in the case of 8-year-old Leila Fowler, who was stabbed to death at her family's home, Calaveras County officials said Monday.

Police weren't sure when the dogs will arrive in the small town of Valley Springs.

The animals will be looking for blood...

(article continues)

<<<snip

Great. Where were they last week??

Read more: http://www.kcra.com/news/local-news...20038434/-/jgdscgz/-/index.html#ixzz2SYYRM2I3

>>>snip

...Investigators are bringing in FBI crime dogs from Washington to assist in the case of 8-year-old Leila Fowler, who was stabbed to death at her family's home, Calaveras County officials said Monday.

Police weren't sure when the dogs will arrive in the small town of Valley Springs.

The animals will be looking for blood...

(article continues)

<<<snip

Great. Where were they last week??

Where that trail leads to presumably will tell the/or a story YKWIM.

Where that trail leads to presumably will tell the/or a story YKWIM.

It will tell a story IF rain and air currents haven't washed the scent away. IF too many human (and animal) feet haven't trampled it too much.

I agree they should have been brought in last week. But I have a feeling that there is some type of evidence they are looking for and I do have to say they seem committed to finding it.

Well, I guess there are three options:

1. They have a source within the PD, even if they don't claim to in the article.

2. They made up a completely fictitious article based on absolutely nothing.

3. We know that the family has been questioned by LE already, as witnesses. So they decide to spin this information to make it look like this a brand new development. The only thing new in the article is "But now investigators have turned their focus on the family." Let's face it...that headline probably got them a lot more "clicks" on their website than "Press Conference---Police reveal little" for the past few days has.

I'll take option 3. Why call in FBI dogs from Washington if they have a solid suspect? It seems that ABC used incredibly poor judgment in their headline. They do not define what they mean by turning their focus to the family. If ABC takes grief for this, they can simply say that LE was turning to the family for additioinal help in solving the case. What do you expect from MSM?

It will tell a story IF rain and air currents haven't washed the scent away. IF too many human (and animal) feet haven't trampled it too much.

I agree they should have been brought in last week. But I have a feeling that there is some type of evidence they are looking for and I do have to say they seem committed to finding it.

My understanding is the dogs will trail blood & that is what the dogs are interested in. If there is blood on the grass I don't know how much rain would take it away or human trampling if wet. They maybe trying to see if there are more then one set of prints leading from the house, where they went, if one set circled back, etc. They also maybe trying to get the dogs to find the knife. I am impressed that these are FBI dogs coming from Washington, so I assume they feel the conditions the dogs need can be met or I assume anyway.:twocents:

http://sheriff.co.calaveras.ca.us/P...te_14_Leila_Fowler_Homicide_Investigation.pdf

MEDIA RELEASE

Release Date: 05/06/13

Release Number: 14

Daily Update: Leila Fowler Homicide Investigation

(Valley Springs, CA) Calaveras County Sheriff’s Investigators completed the re-canvassing of residences in the Rancho Calaveras subdivision today. All information will be compiled and analyzed by sheriff’s investigators.

Dive recovery teams from the Calaveras and Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Offices will resume the SCUBA dive operation of a small pond on Tuesday.

The Calaveras County Sheriff’s Office has begun to receive some of the evidence analysis results from the DOJ crime lab, and continues to make progress and narrow its scope in this investigation.

I do not have a record of what was removed. It seems that you removed a factual post about a mother's knowledge of her son. She was not speculating about the family. She was speaking factually about her own family. Ironically, the poster's connection was that 12 year olds do not possess the knowledge base to wash clothes. A useful, appropriate, and relevant post IMO. The focus had been on the intruder and on the appropriate refrain/removal of derogatory posts that detracted from the credibility of MSM media suggesting that there may not have been an intruder. This was at the request of LE on the behalf of the family. Obviously your call.

Addendum. I drafted the above comment before knowing of the most recent "news." Moreso than ever, I defend the removed post that I referenced above. Unless LE has has significantly distorted information; speculation about the family continues to be of questionable merit. Was LF alive when the ambulance arrived? If so, it is highly unlikely that an amateur could thwart LE to this extent.

I think my posts are being referred to. I was NOT referring to Leila's brother. I was speculating, that if my own child did something like that, he wouldn't be able to allude LE, for 5 seconds. I was stating, maybe not clearly, that this child shouldn't be violated. I was stating that I didn't see how any 12 year old child could commit such a crime AND cover it up successfully. My heart breaks for this family...No matter who did this. Their lives are destroyed.

I have looked at my 12 year old a thousand times today...It's possible, he's home schooled. We already know that people and children, can commit horrible acts, both young children and the very elderly. I've wondered over and over, how my own son, would be able to cover something so horrendous up, in such a short period of time. He couldn't....Most of us couldn't...

My son takes lots of meds, and he is always telling me they taste horrible. I guess he decided he wouldn't take them for a few days...So he hid them. I found them, but this is just an example of how my 12 year old's brain works....He hid them and got caught...Busted! Now if he were more sophisticated, he would have flushed them, and never been caught.

I really was trying to say, that child needs to be left alone. I wasn't at all stating that I thought anyone in particular committed this crime, certainly not one of the family members. I honestly have no clue and I have read nothing anywhere, that has given me a hint. I was just trying to defend the child and his family. I wasn't referring to any MSM media.

I can't put my finger on it (and I think I'm wrong a lot on these cases) but the neighbor keeps coming back to me. Why speak up at all? I would love to know more about this person, old, young, close to family, not close to them. Danielle van Damm keeps coming to mind.....Was the neighbor trying to put the blame on someone else but then crapped when it came to actually talking to the police because it was made up? Was this person someone familiar with the neighbor but maybe not recognizable by the boy? Friend, gardner, handyman, relative etc of said neighbor? Arghhhh but I think we are gonna know soon. Then again, I've been wrong.

:welcome: to our new members. So many new members have joined to follow this case or come out of lurkdom to discuss it. Thank you for adding your thoughts.

I've also thought of this as well....If a person has committed such a horrific act on a child, why would that same person call for help, while the victim was still alive? There would always have been the chance the victim would have recovered and been able to identify the person that did that to her.

If anyone has a post removed by a moderator and questions that decision the rules do not allow discussion about it in the thread.

If you private mail a moderator with questions about why the post was removed specifically, they are always glad to provide further explanation or clarification.

Wonder if the brother had any friend(s) over to the house that afternoon? Perhaps unbeknownst to the parents.

Amazing right? Sometimes the missing are found, even years later. I believe we had threads for all three of these young women and now we have this new one regarding this new development Found Alive OH - Amanda Berry (2003), Gina deJesus (2004), & Michelle Knight (2002) found alive! - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community for those who will be following the case.

Always so heartening when the missing are returned to their families. I will be following the prosecution of their captor closely.

I've also thought of this as well....If a person has committed such a horrific act on a child, why would that same person call for help, while the victim was still alive? There would always have been the chance the victim would have recovered and been able to identify the person that did that to her.

Just because she was alive does not mean she was conscious, could communicate or even that the murderer knew she was alive. I did read one "comment" on a news story early on from someone who was supposedly a friend of an ER nurse at the hospital. If accurate, which we don't know of course, this commenter reported that the nurse friend said the wounds were pretty massive and didn't appear survivable. She was pronounced dead very soon after her arrival from the reports I read online.

I also don't think any 12 yr. old would have the presence of mind or experience to create such a "clean" crime scene. By that, I would mean that although clues may have been left, if a adolescent had done this, it would have been more "sloppy" and LE would have probably made an arrest by now.

One thing that bothers me as far as motive and possible suspects: Family leaves in car for Little League game. Two members stay at home. On the surface, it would appear a botched robbery- person watching multiple members leave together. OR- maybe just parents left (other kids already at game?) and perp thinks kids are home alone (if child/children the target). We do not know where brother was in house at the time, or the circumstances. Based on all of this, my first thought was that Leila was targeted by as a payback or something else not sexually motivated, based on the attack itself, and presence (to some extent) of meth dealers/cookers in the general areas of the Sierra Foothills. I think the predator angle has not gained more steam because it is a very odd way for the crime to occur. Most abduct, then commit their evil. Although there was a statement by LE that said, to some effect, that this was not thought to be a sexually motivated crime, to my knowledge, no official word has released results, positive or negative, as to if she was sexually molested. At last look, they declined to say.

I now think that this was a predator of sorts, perhaps crazed on drugs, or maybe not. I do not think robbery was the intent, (perp thinking no one was home), but not because the son was not seen, (he could've been wearing earphones playing video games), but because of the intense focus, anger, hate, and method of murder of this sweet little girl. She was HARDLY a threat to a grown man or even a teen or adolescent.

I hope LE can make an arrest soon based on DNA and other evidence. Unless it turns out way more differently than I think, I don't think this person is a "community member", still in the area. I am thinking drifter/pedophile. Because of this, I am worried for every child out there right now... even my own, living only 45min away.

I hope there is a special place in hell for these cruel, soulless individuals.

ETA: my stepson, who is now 20, during adolescence and teen years, used to stay in his room with earphones on playing video games. I swear a bomb could go off and he wouldn't know the difference unless flames were in front of his tv screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia