GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what I heard from the video starting about 2:29 regarding a piece of positive evidence that came back yesterday: We are "one step closer in getting someone into custody." Basically it was "helpful to the case."

http://thepinetree.net/

I am completely new to this forum and I do not know the rules or etiquette regarding posting or what is or isn't sleuthing..I apologize in advance..

I was talking to my husband about how the media puts a story out, and its instantly believed.. I mean we don't question the reporters or the "facts" they are giving us, our opinions are formed and off we go..But from now on I will never watch or trust the news like I did before this horrific thing happend to Leila..
:worms:I do have a personal connection, or rather with her bio mom..I will not say much more than that because it seems only the news or press releases are percieved as credible..... but its difficult and frustrating when I see whats being said or rather not said correctly by the media because simple fact checking wasn't done..

:welcome5: dinaslala. Sleuthing is gathering information by looking around online for publicly available items such as social sites (facebook pages myspace accounts twitter, etc), arrest records, former addresses and associations. Sleuthing is used as a tool to find out more about someone.

Sleuthing a victim or victim families is strictly prohibited at Websleuths. We are a victim friendly site and sleuthing a victim or their family members is a strict NO NO here.

Sleuthing is allowed on people arrested for the crime or who have been named by police as suspects.

We also have very strict rules regarding sensitivity towards minor children. We do not publish the names or photographs of children who have been sexually abused or assaulted, similar to the press, we protect those minor's identities.

Lastly, if you are a person with a family connection or inside information, before discussing it here you are asked to be "verified". It is a quick and painless process where the administrators of this site contact you and confirm you are who you say you are. Websleuths tries very hard to keep rumors to a minimum and just deal with the facts of a matter. So verifying inside information is very important to the administrators of this site.

Below are some of the rules regarding this thread and our discussion of this case.

Quoting Nursebeeme from page 1 of this thread

Folks:

1) do not sleuth family members.

2) do NOT ATTACK ONE ANOTHER OR PERSONALIZE YOUR POSTS. That is a

Links

Thread #1

New thread for discussion. Please remember we do not allow sleuthing or speculation of family members until or unless they are named a person of interest. ESPECIALLY MINORS.

Continue the discussion here:

I really wish they would stop calling him the "step" brother....they have the same parents...see what I mean about simple fact checking....:maddening:

If you have a personal connection to the family, and you have an issue with what the media has reported and/or is reporting, I suggest that you become a verified member. That has already been suggested by a few posters.

Been lurking here and once again, a sad case for us all to be together on. I love the area where Leila's family lives and it's such a strange case. I can't say who I think did it or didn't but I do find the neighbor recanting the story very odd. Why would she say she saw someone and then suddenly not. Was she simply mistaken or is she afraid OR did she tell the police who she believed it was?

I don't know if anyone did the street view on their house but there seems to be literally no place to park a car on the roadway there so were they on foot? Seems risky in broad daylight? Did they run from the woods? Also risky. Please tell me what you think if you see the street view. A car pulling up just doesn't seem right. They would have been so noticeable and had they pulled in the driveway the family could have come home or a neighbor notice.

I'm not gonna speculate on a family member because this family is in pain right now. We're missing something and I don't know what it is.

If you have a personal connection to the family, and you have an issue with what the media has reported and/or is reporting, I suggest that you become a verified member. That has already been suggested by a few posters.

I submitted what was asked and havent been contacted yet.. will keep my posts to myself until then....:shush:

Welcome to Websleuths, dinaslala. It's good to have you here.

Im waiting to be verified...

I'm looking forward to hearing you being verified and to hear your insight. I will be out for quite a while tonight, so just so that I tell you now rather than later, my deepest condolences to your friend. I cannot imagine the pain she is going through at this time.

:grouphug:

This is a really bizarre case. Not just in general but here on WS. I've got a few things to say, things I'd like feedback and opinion on but I'm not sure it's allowed.

GENERAL QUESTION HERE:
What do we do in cases where MSN is clearly implying certain scenarios (msm articles would normally be fair game for discussion) but those scenarios involve both family-which are considered victims and/or minors-which are off the table for discussion. Should we only use quoted LE statements from articles or press releases?

Hope that didn't come off as snarky! I'm genuinely curious :)

I submitted what was asked and havent been contacted yet.. will keep my posts to myself until then....:shush:

I'm very sorry what happened to that little girl. Such a thing should never happen to a child and I would caution everyone on judging the family situation. All kinds of things happen that bring a parent away from a child and sometimes it's not what they wanted but had to do. I'm in the middle of an international custody dispute right now and I can't tell you where these things make us go mentally. I feel for that family.

Im waiting to be verified...

Dinaslala I am glad you are here. Please be patient they will get to it. In the meantime please feel free to post about any general media article.

This is a really bizarre case. Not just in general but here on WS. I've got a few things to say, things I'd like feedback and opinion on but I'm not sure it's allowed.

GENERAL QUESTION HERE:
What do we do in cases where MSN is clearly implying certain scenarios (msm articles would normally be fair game for discussion) but those scenarios involve both family-which are considered victims and/or minors-which are off the table for discussion. Should we only use quoted LE statements from articles or press releases?

Hope that didn't come off as snarky! I'm genuinely curious :)

My opinion would be to ignore anything the news has to report about family members being suspects in any way UNLESS LE has named a family member as a suspect or made an arrest.

My experience with the news (print and televised) is that accuracy is not one of their priorities. It falls somewhere under "catchy adjectives" and "ominous tone" -- which appear to be more their concern. This isn't necessarily MOST of the time, but certainly enough of a problem that we don't add to a families misery.

I have been reading websleuths for years and just joined today. I really cannot even imagine what this poor family is going through. I have 2 daughters of my own and really feel so sad for everyone who knew and loved this beautiful little girl. My thoughts and prayers are with them!

I have been reading websleuths for years and just joined today. I really cannot even imagine what this poor family is going through. I have 2 daughters of my own and really feel so sad for everyone who knew and loved this beautiful little girl. My thoughts and prayers are with them!

Welcome!!!!

My opinion would be to ignore anything the news has to report about family members being suspects in any way UNLESS LE has named a family member as a suspect or made an arrest.

My experience with the news (print and televised) is that accuracy is not one of their priorities. It falls somewhere under "catchy adjectives" and "ominous tone" -- which appear to be more their concern. This isn't necessarily MOST of the time, but certainly enough of a problem that we don't add to a families misery.

Thank you! That's actually very helpful. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader