GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you may be right mysteriew and believe bio mother is mentioned in the obituary. As to why she is not in the picture or has not spoken publicly I do not know. I do know that sometimes the family dynamic is such that bio parents are not involved for whatever reason in some of their children's lives. That may be the case here.

Again, not sleuthing, simply stating my thoughts.

I am completely new to this forum and I do not know the rules or etiquette regarding posting or what is or isn't sleuthing..I apologize in advance..

I was talking to my husband about how the media puts a story out, and its instantly believed.. I mean we don't question the reporters or the "facts" they are giving us, our opinions are formed and off we go..But from now on I will never watch or trust the news like I did before this horrific thing happend to Leila..
:worms:I do have a personal connection, or rather with her bio mom..I will not say much more than that because it seems only the news or press releases are percieved as credible..... but its difficult and frustrating when I see whats being said or rather not said correctly by the media because simple fact checking wasn't done..

I am completely new to this forum and I do not know the rules or etiquette regarding posting or what is or isn't sleuthing..I apologize in advance..

I was talking to my husband about how the media puts a story out, and its instantly believed.. I mean we don't question the reporters or the "facts" they are giving us, our opinions are formed and off we go..But from now on I will never watch or trust the news like I did before this horrific thing happend to Leila..
:worms:I do have a personal connection, or rather with her bio mom..I will not say much more than that because it seems only the news or press releases are percieved as credible..... but its difficult and frustrating when I see whats being said or rather not said correctly by the media because simple fact checking wasn't done..
Welcome to WS. Please jump in and set anything straight that may need be but first I believe you'll have to be verified. Glad to have an insider here.

I get a kick out of people who say "who would leave a 12 year old home alone with an 8 year old???" Um....most normal people!!! I leave my 12 year old son home with my 8 year old daughter during the day for short periods of time with no thought whatsover. 12 is certainly old enough to babysit. They have cell phones, etc... I mean honestly, who would expect an intruder to come in the house and stab the little girl to death???

That said, my kids get a bit paranoid, so they ALWAYS lock the doors when they are "home alone."

When my kids were 12 and 8 I used to leave them alone sometimes in the daytime too. When I had errands to run after school, they were tired and cranky and wanted to stay home. But we had a big protective German Shepherd who would have put up a very big fuss if anyone had tried to break in. But even then, you never know. It makes me sad to even imagine how the parents feel now.

If you become ' a verified insider' in this forum then you can set some of the details straight about your friend. If you want to do that, just click on the little red triangle in the upper right hand corner of this post, and an empty box will open, and you can type in that you want to be verified. The mods will email you with the info.

Great first post. I totally agree. :welcome: to WS. Sorry it is under such heartbreaking circumstances. :rose:

Investigators searched the grass around the home of Leila Fowler with metal detectors, one week after the 8-year-old was found dead.

snipped

Crime scene investigators waved metal detectors over tall grass surrounding the home in the Rancho Calaveras subdivision, while other investigators retrieved evidence from inside the house.

“We are a week into this, but we want to do everything we can to catch the right person and to have a case that will stand up in court,” said Sgt. Chris Hewitt, of the Calaveras County Sheriff's Office.

Sheriff's deputies said it was still too early to say whether the girl was killed in a random crime, or whether the killer was associated with the family in some way.

http://www.kcra.com/news/one-week-a...rsss_2.0/-/jpuh09z/-/index.html#ixzz2SXYe0QDs

Is it possible that the call is not logged on the Calaveras County Sheriff's Log because the call did not originally get routed to the Calaveras County 911 system? Maybe the call originated on a cell phone that did not allow the call to be routed properly. If the original call was made by the parents, then maybe they were outside of Calaveras County at the ball game.

I do not know. I am speculating.

I added the ball fields (as well as the general location of the calls on the call log) that I could find to the map. There are a few, though I do not know what they are used for, that are in Valley Springs.

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=218199748434644937742.0004db96f7ab5f588167d&msa=0

he said "negative and derogatory" my guess is this was wrt suspecting the 12 y/o may be involved.

however I'm not sure i get why they would have an issue with unauthorized photos of Leila?

i cant imagine what they might be going through or how i would behave but id like to think my #1 priority would be catching the monster who killed my child.

imo i believe Leila was targeted by someone known to the family and that it was some sort of revenge for something.

I found that statement super odd. BUT, the Sheriff was paraphrasing and I'm going to assume the family has heard some speculation and its got to be hard to deal with while trying to grieve. But yeah, odd statement.

It has been a little over a week now. They said the case has been put on priority status in the crime lab. It usually takes about 2 weeks for DNA to come back, give or take a couple of days. Which means that DNA could come back any time now.

Focus of Leila Fowler's death turns to family

Investigators in Calaveras County are now questioning the family of an 8-year-old girl stabbed to death in her home.

The 12-year-old stepbrother of Leila Fowler told authorities he found his sister murdered and saw a stranger running away.

But now investigators have turned their focus on the family.

The sheriff's department is focusing on the witness account of the step-brother. He was the only person at home when she was killed.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?se...986&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Nothing on Twitter or Nixle about the press conference. Things are extraordinarily quiet.

Investigators in Calaveras County are now questioning the family of an 8-year-old girl stabbed to death in her home.

The 12-year-old stepbrother of Leila Fowler told authorities he found his sister murdered and saw a stranger running away.

The sheriff's department is focusing on the witness account of the step-brother. He was the only person at home when she was killed.

http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?se...986&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Whoa.... I'm going to ask my BF (a bioengineer) how long DNA testing takes when expedited....

This is all I have seen Salem, not sure if it is what you are looking for?

Oh my, how gut wrenching for this family.

Exactly..... It is highly possible that they received the results of their testing back today, Monday morning.

My BF says "depends on how clean the sample is and what priority it gets in the lab. I'd guess 1-2 weeks on average from collection to result."

All jmo and bf's opinion only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member