GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/03/potential-witness-no-longer-credible-in-california-girl-murder/

Investigators searching for evidence in connection with the stabbing death of an 8-year-old girl are looking at several knives to determine if one could have inflicted the fatal wounds.

Sgt. Chris Hewitt of the Calaveras County Sheriff's Office would not say from where investigators had recovered the knives but that the information would "come out eventually."

He declined to say whether they were confiscated from the rural home victim Leila Fowler shared with her father, stepmother, 12-year-old stepbrother and two older siblings.

bbm

That is the weird,strange part about the neighbor that also ID'ed the (intruder). They had the same description as the 12 year old, just said that the intruder left in the opposite direction.

This line from the link above is a worry:

00:38:55 The second thing is a witness that said that she saw the man leave the residence, she recanted her story and the sheriff said that that didn't hurt the investigation it actually narrowed it.

I feel like I need to double check everything being said, did the witness really recant her story, who was that witness?

Investigators searching for evidence in the stabbing death of an 8-year-old girl were looking Friday at several knives taken from her home to determine if one could have inflicted the fatal wounds.

bbm

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/05/03/5392266/witness-recants-story-in-calif.html

"It's a mystery. She never gave any indication she recanted because she was in fear of her safety," he said.

Hewitt said that while meeting with a sketch artist and detectives Wednesday, the unidentified witness, who was reported to be a neighbor, refused to provide a description so a composite sketch could be made of the man.

New thread for discussion. Please remember we do not allow sleuthing or speculation of family members until or unless they are named a person of interest. ESPECIALLY MINORS.

Continue the discussion here:

This includes discussing it in a roundabout way

Things that, to me, seem to be of serious significans in this transcript:

Sheriff Gary Kuntz of the calaveras county sheriff's office said:

No forced entry
The 12-year old brother did not hear anything.

From the Justice With Judge Jeanine show:

Quote:
00:32:37 Sheriff gary kuntz of the calaveras county sheriff's department joins me on the phone

Quote:
00:33:18 >> Judge Jeanine: And sheriff, just for the benefit of our viewers, there was no sign of a forced entry of any kind, is that, correct?
00:33:28 >> That's correct .

Quote:

00:33:29 And there apparently was a 12-year-old brother was lila who was home at the time, correct?
00:33:37 >> That's correct.
00:33:38 >> Judge Jeanine: And it's my understanding he says he didn't hear anything, correct?
00:33:41 >> Yes.

A possible explanation for the brother not hearing anything;
Maybe the he was playing videogames, or listened to music, with headphones on?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/03/potential-witness-no-longer-credible-in-california-girl-murder/

Investigators searching for evidence in connection with the stabbing death of an 8-year-old girl are looking at several knives to determine if one could have inflicted the fatal wounds.

Sgt. Chris Hewitt of the Calaveras County Sheriff's Office would not say from where investigators had recovered the knives but that the information would "come out eventually."

He declined to say whether they were confiscated from the rural home victim Leila Fowler shared with her father, stepmother, 12-year-old stepbrother and two older siblings.

bbm

This is a little bit confusing, isn't it ? I guess it depends on what everyone's definition of 'rural' is. In my definition there would not be neighbors all over who spotted people and dad asking neighbors if they saw something, etc.

eta, I'm an idiot. I generally do not click maps and such. I don't know why just not always sure if it's useful or not, for me . So this whole time because of the statement to neighbors by dad and statement by neighbors I just assumed this was a ' neighborhood' with houses near each other and across the street a short distance. So now I see, indeed it is very rural. This makes me think it must be someone who knew the family. Some wandering perp just looking for a victim makes much more sense in a closely knit neighborhood but not out in the rural areas. Someone knew her or her family. :(

This is a little bit confusing, isn't it ? I guess it depends on what everyone's definition of 'rural' is. In my definition there would not be neighbors all over who spotted people and dad asking neighbors if they saw something, etc.

eta, I'm an idiot. I generally do not click maps and such. I don't know why just not always sure if it's useful or not, for me . So this whole time because of the statement to neighbors by dad and statement by neighbors I just assumed this was a ' neighborhood' with houses near each other and across the street a short distance. So now I see, indeed it is very rural. This makes me think it must be someone who knew the family. Some wandering perp just looking for a victim makes much more sense in a closely knit neighborhood but not out in the rural areas. Someone knew her or her family. :(

I agree about rural. I guess if your from the city having an acre is rural. I am in a house in the middle of a cattle farm on over 300 acres and town is 15 minute drive and I don't consider this rural.
:moo:

Things that, to me, seem to be of serious significans in this transcript:

Sheriff Gary Kuntz of the calaveras county sheriff's office said:

No forced entry
The 12-year old brother did not hear anything.

From the Justice With Judge Jeanine show:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Why would he have to do a forced entry if it was in the middle of the day? Did they say all the doors were locked around noon when this happened?

A lot of people are locking their doors at night but still don't do it in the middle of the day.

IMO

Why would he have to do a forced entry if it was in the middle of the day? Did they say all the doors were locked around noon when this happened?

A lot of people are locking their doors at night but still don't do it in the middle of the day.

IMO

Yeah, and sometimes people who lock their doors in the middle of the day open them if the doorbell rings. Or a perp could wait outside for someone to come or go and gain entry that way.

I agree about rural. I guess if your from the city having an acre is rural. I am in a house in the middle of a cattle farm on over 300 acres and town is 15 minute drive and I don't consider this rural.
:moo:

Wow and to me, you're way more "remote"than "rural" to me! lol I'm in the suburbs! In New Jersey...so what do I know....?

It really is perception.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Investigators Analyzing Knives, Searching For Clues In Leila Fowler Murder
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013...s-searching-for-clues-in-leila-fowler-murder/

Investigators Discover Knives Possibly Used In Leila Fowler’s Murder
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013...knives-possibly-used-in-leila-fowlers-murder/

Leila Fowler Update: Knives found that may have been used in murder of 8-year-old, Calif. police say
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...sed-in-murder-of-8-year-old-calif-police-say/

But as I said in my post, further reading of the articles and you find out that they picked up some knives for testing. At that point anyway there was no proof that the knives were used in the attack.

Thanks, mysteriew. Looks like we read those headlines differently. That's fine. I appreciate you looking those up.

Found a transcript of the show ..

More at Link .. numbers indicate time of sound bite.

http://livedash.ark.com/transcript/justice_with_judge_jeanine/51/Fox_News/Sunday_May_5_2013/644629/

Looks to me that whoever was speaking was speculating or guessing at why police had taken some knives from wherever they took them (LE wouldn't say from where), rather than stating facts.

00:35:41 Knife is cleaned and put back or it doesn't even -- it implies that it wasn't taken.
00:35:46 There is no missing knives that they are actually looking at knives for dna evidence.

Thanks for posting that transcript!

This line from the link above is a worry:

I feel like I need to double check everything being said, did the witness really recant her story, who was that witness?

The police issued a press release about it. I posted it the other day.

You can find all the LE press releases at this link:
https://local.nixle.com/calaveras-county-sheriffs-office/

Note that some of them have been edited/updated or deleted, but I"ve posted all of them, so if anybody wants, you can go back through my posts in this thread and the last to see the originals. We've got all of them in their entirety.

I guess I should put them in the media thread. Do we have a media thread for this case? (I still get lost trying to find my way around the forum lol.)

I have no doubt they took every knife in the home to check for blood, etc. also I'm sure they would be asking if one is missing. I know in my house, I wouldn't have a clue if one were missing though.

May 05, 2013 from Fox

Investigators searching for evidence in the case were looking at several knives Friday to determine if one could have inflicted the fatal wounds.

Hewitt would not say from where investigators had recovered the knives, but said that the information eventually would come out.

"We don't want to put too many details out there that could taint our interviews," Hewitt said.

He declined to say whether they were confiscated from the rural home victim Leila Fowler shared with her father, stepmother, 12-year-old stepbrother and two older siblings. Family members are being question at this point only as witnesses, he said.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/0...l+(Internal+-+US+Latest+-+Text)#ixzz2SQneoXW1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia