GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider area description from the snapdragon post #261

One day prior to "shelter in place."
http://nixle.com/alert/4993324/
"Sheriff dispatch received multiple 911 calls around 1335 hours today (4-26-13) for a possible structure fire near the area of South Burson Road and Dana Road."
Followup
http://www.kvgcradio.com/local-dail...th-burson-road-fire-cause-under-investigation
"Cal Fire reported the blaze was contained at about 3:15 today. The cause of the fire is still under investigation."

Was this a structural fire? There appear to be two choices based on the satelite images. The location is approximately 5 miles from Rippon Road. My understanding is that loud noises were heard from nearly a mile away.

From the Calaveras County sheriff log.
http://sheriff.co.calaveras.ca.us/Portals/sheriff/Logs/Daily Logs/Daily_Log_04-27-2013.pdf
"13:35 Generic Fire Call/Not Specified 130426062
Occurred on Burson Rd, Burson. Across street on hill. house exploded. on fire. cal fire and deputies
dispatched. . Disposition: No Report Taken."

So less than 24 hours before the introusion on Rippon Road; a nearby (5 mi) house "exploded." Propane tank?

LOL what has me curious is that no report was taken. I would guess there would have been structure damage, so a report is almost always taken.

Considering the pond searches, sounds like LE is hunting for the knife or knives used in the attack. That would be excellent evidence in a prosecution, but I don't see it helping them a lot in the search for an intruder.

I heard of one case a long time ago. LE was looking for a piece of evidence in a case and couldn't find it for a long time. It was eventually found on top of the house.

"Sheriff dispatch received multiple 911 calls around 1335 hours today (4-26-13) for a possible structure fire near the area of South Burson Road and Dana Road."
Followup
http://www.kvgcradio.com/local-dail...th-burson-road-fire-cause-under-investigation
"Cal Fire reported the blaze was contained at about 3:15 today. The cause of the fire is still under investigation."

Was this a structural fire? There appear to be two choices based on the satelite images. The location is approximately 5 miles from Rippon Road. My understanding is that loud noises were heard from nearly a mile away.

http://sheriff.co.calaveras.ca.us/Portals/sheriff/Logs/Daily Logs/Daily_Log_04-27-2013.pdf
Occurred on Burson Rd, Burson. Across street on hill. house exploded. on fire. cal fire and deputies

So less than 24 hours before the introusion on Rippon Road; a nearby (5 mi) house "exploded." Propane tank?

huh. Interesting. Related? house explosion given that some with knowledge of the area have said there is an unusual mix of family small town atmosphere and meth users, makes me wonder if the explosion was somehow related to meth manufacture.

no links, just wild speculation.

Okay when I first read about this in the SF Chron, I was baffled by the lack of details. Now further down the road, I'm beginning to wonder if there really was a tall man with long gray hair.

I feel sorry for the police department as well as the family. They seem very driven to solve this case and affected by the senseless tragedy... All JMO

From QuestionMark's link, ^ above:

http://www.kcra.com/news/one-week-a...s/-/11797728/20017950/-/122jbjtz/-/index.html

>>>snip (even more snip)

...One neighbor, who originally told authorities he or she saw a man running from the home, has since been discredited by deputies.

>>>snip
My bold. She lied.
Both. I think.

Is it known that she lied? Recanting is not admission of a lie. She is said to have "refused" to work with the sketch artist. On what basis was her earlier description discredited? To spin this as positive for the investigation; hmm....

huh. Interesting. Related? house explosion given that some with knowledge of the area have said there is an unusual mix of family small town atmosphere and meth users, makes me wonder if the explosion was somehow related to meth manufacture.

no links, just wild speculation.
Which makes me once again go back to the neighbor as a witness that ended up not giving a description. Maybe it's just my wild imagination going, too, but what if the person that killed Leila is one of the known meth heads in that area. Would you be afraid to get involved and possibly recant your story? Many would if someone they were close to especially told them to be afraid of who they were pointing to.

MOO

I believe the fact that Crystal wasn't Leila's mother came out even before they made their first press conference. I believe it was the one where the family was supposed to speak but then was unable to. The family apparently saw itself as one family, and I can understand that.

And media in small towns especially follow the instructions of the local LE. Not only because it is the right thing to do, but because they need their cooperation in the future. They make local LE mad, they may find themselves out of the loop in all other crime news.

I was talking about the Bay Area and Sacramento media though, not some small local newspaper. It's odd to me that those outlets haven't looked into the family dynamics more, trying to find the biological mother or find out the exact sibling situation.

Okay when I first read about this in the SF Chron, I was baffled by the lack of details. Now further down the road, I'm beginning to wonder if there really was a tall man with long gray hair.

The suspect alert time:
Saturday April 27th, 2013 :: 02:08 p.m. PDT

The Sherrif Log:
http://sheriff.co.calaveras.ca.us/Portals/sheriff/Logs/Daily Logs/Daily_Log_04-28-2013.pdf

14:52 Suspicious Person 130427059
Occured on Hartvickson Ln, Valley Springs. Disposition. No Report Taken.

15:03 Suspicious Circumstances 130427061
Occurred on Cox Drive, Valley Springs. Disposition: No Report Taken.

Other entries

17:43 Firearms Discharged 130427072
Occured at Bartelink Dr/Cane Ln, Valley Springs. Bartlelink and Cane one round, sounded like a gun shot.
Disposition: No Report Taken.

17:56 Suspicious or Parked Vehicle 130427075
Occured on Baldwin St, Valley Springs. Caller reporting whi Chevy Silverado parked at the pond. empty. rp
just wanting to report it. Disposition: No Report Taken.

18:17 Suspicious Person 130427076
Occurred on Conner Dr, Valley Springs. Dispostion: No Report Taken.

With a slight reordering of the log entries there is a Southwest progression toward the river. There are rattlesnakes. The Silverado does not seem to fit; but may be related to today's pond dive.

Which makes me once again go back to the neighbor as a witness that ended up not giving a description. Maybe it's just my wild imagination going, too, but what if the person that killed Leila is one of the known meth heads in that area. Would you be afraid to get involved and possibly recant your story? Many would if someone they were close to especially told them to be afraid of who they were pointing to.

MOO

If I lived next door and had children I would be very afraid. Especially if I read reports in the media that I was a witness and was going to help id him with a sketch artist. :eek:

If I lived next door and had children I would be very afraid. Especially if I read reports in the media that I was a witness and was going to help id him with a sketch artist. :eek:
Exactly! In my opinion the public didn't need to know who the witnesses are. Period. It often times puts to many people in unnecessary danger.

MOO

Please do not sleuth the family or name other minors. The family is off limits unless LE gives us an indication otherwise.

Thanks,

Salem

Exactly! In my opinion the public didn't need to know who the witnesses are. Period. It often times puts to many people in unnecessary danger.

MOO

I agree. The media made it obvious who the witness was. She must have freaked reading it in the news and seeing it reported on TV. What if he came back to make sure she could not testify? Or sent a friend to do it for him? Speed freaks are volatile and extremely violent.

So maybe it is not true that the witness account was ruled out? Maybe LE is trying to protect her after the fact?

So maybe it is not true that the witness account was ruled out? Maybe LE is trying to protect her after the fact?

I dunno.... I'm just glad the guy's story about the hitchhiker was true. Anything that takes away from the focus of the investigation is just wrong. JMO

christina heller ‏@CHeller_13 12m
2nite on the #CBS13 News @ 10- former #FBI profiler Candace DeLong @profilerdelong. Her thoughts on the #LeilaFowler murder investigation

I agree about rural. I guess if your from the city having an acre is rural. I am in a house in the middle of a cattle farm on over 300 acres and town is 15 minute drive and I don't consider this rural.
:moo:

I consider myself to live in the boonies, We live on 80 acres and our hearst neighbors are our inlaws who live half a mile away on the same property. Other than that, there is no one for miles. The nearest fast food place, walmart and bank is 25 miles away.

Google can be a lot of help when trying to get a picture of the area around the crime scene.

Is it known that she lied? Recanting is not admission of a lie. She is said to have "refused" to work with the sketch artist. On what basis was her earlier description discredited? To spin this as positive for the investigation; hmm....
You're right. My bad. I should have said she recanted; we don't know that she lied. Maybe she was just confused.

Followup

Meth lab?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member