GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, mysteriew. Looks like we read those headlines differently. That's fine. I appreciate you looking those up.

I know that when I first read the headlines my impression was that they had found the knife or knives. It wasn't until I read the articles that I understood they were just doing testing on some knives.

The word possible, they would use that even if they found a bloody knife. Because until the DNA was matched and testing complete they would probably say possible.

The first day or two the police made it clear to be very careful and IIRC the town was in a ' virtual' lockdown. Is that still the case?

Found a transcript of the show ..
More at Link .. numbers indicate time of sound bite.
http://livedash.ark.com/transcript/justice_with_judge_jeanine/51/Fox_News/Sunday_May_5_2013/644629/

Additionally;

00:34:23 >> Oh, yes, yes, we have taken pretty much -- we have taken quite a bit of furniture et cetera from the home and are in the process of having them processed.
00:34:36 >> Judge Jeanine: Sheriff, tha so much for joining us and good luck with that investigation.

OK, they are back in the home and it sounds like they are going over the home with a fine tooth comb. Reports also indicate they are recanvassing the area and speaking to neighbors. But it sounds like the recanvas is more extensive than the initial canvas.

I would love to know what questions are being asked of residents.

Only 3 sibling are mentioned?

It lists 3 in the first line, then 3 more under that, and then "3 that she never got the chance to meet" and their names as well.

Can someone help me sort out all those relationships? I thought she lived with 3 siblings? Who are all the others?

I see six mentioned (scrolling down a bit) and three she 'never met' (stillborn/ miscarriage perhaps?)

There is something about this case that is just. not. quite. right.

And I cannot put my finger on it. Curious...

This line from the link above is a worry:
I feel like I need to double check everything being said, did the witness really recant her story, who was that witness?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjDhpJhmc4g

"...she refused to provide a description"
"...clear that the witness is no longer credible"
"...did not show any indication of why she recanted."
"...we are unaware of what her mindset is."
"...the statement has been deemed non-credible."

What is not credible; the witness, the statement, or both?

This witness or someone spoofing this witness, may have posted to local social media (pinetree) about the recanting. The post, if it ever existed, has been removed. I have been unable to verify the posting.

June 30, 2004 - April 27, 2013

Our sweet baby girl was taken from us way too soon. Leila Alyssa Fowler passed away April 27,

2013 in Valley Springs, CA. She was 8 years old. She was loved by all and a friend to everyone who knew her. She was a bright,

caring, funny little girl who was

full of love and she will forever be

missed.

Leila is survived by her parents, Barney, Crystal and Priscilla; her siblings J, A, I, G, C and D and three others she never got the chance to meet, O, A and A. She had grandparents, great grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins and many, many friends. A special Thank You to our Valley Springs Community for helping all to honor Leila's Memory.

Services are being held Tuesday, May 7, 2013, 11 a.m. at Park View Cemetery, French Camp, CA.

FWIW, I think the three siblings she never met are the ones previously mentioned who live in another state.

There is a backstory to this interesting blended family I am sure but it is not relevant to the case at the moment IMO and if it turns out to be I am sure we will hear when the time comes.

Nowadays with divorce rates so high it is the norm for there to be parents step parents, step siblings and half siblings rather than it being as unusual as it was in the past.

Not sleuthing and not encouraging anyone else to, simply stating my thoughts on the obituary and its blended family suggestive content as it has caused comment by others.

The "three she never got a chance to meet." Could those be bio Mom's kids?

Where is bio Mom? Was she in Leila's life? Why are we not hearing anything from her? Usually in a situation like this reporters would be flocking to interview the bio Mom.

I think you may be right mysteriew and believe bio mother is mentioned in the obituary. As to why she is not in the picture or has not spoken publicly I do not know. I do know that sometimes the family dynamic is such that bio parents are not involved for whatever reason in some of their children's lives. That may be the case here.

Again, not sleuthing, simply stating my thoughts.

KenWayne ‏@KenWayne 15m
#Calaveras Sheriff dive teams checking reservoirs for evidence in #LeilaFowler death. @KTVU

anybody know what reservoirs and how close they are to the residence on Ripon?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjDhpJhmc4g

"...she refused to provide a description"
"...clear that the witness is no longer credible"
"...did not show any indication of why she recanted."
"...we are unaware of what her mindset is."
"...the statement has been deemed non-credible."

What is not credible; the witness, the statement, or both?

This witness or someone spoofing this witness, may have posted to local social media (pinetree) about the recanting. The post, if it ever existed, has been removed. I have been unable to verify the posting.
From QuestionMark's link, ^ above:

http://www.kcra.com/news/one-week-a...s/-/11797728/20017950/-/122jbjtz/-/index.html

>>>snip

...One neighbor, who originally told authorities he or she saw a man running from the home, has since been discredited by deputies.

“This is the murder of an 8-year-old girl. It’s a heinous crime. We have to be very thorough in our investigative procedures. We have to make sure that when we do make an arrest, we have a case that is prosecutable,” Hewitt said...

>>>snip
My bold. She lied.
Both. I think.

The "three she never got a chance to meet." Could those be bio Mom's kids?

Where is bio Mom? Was she in Leila's life? Why are we not hearing anything from her? Usually in a situation like this reporters would be flocking to interview the bio Mom.

Seems she lived in a blended family with contact with her bio mom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posted about an hour ago

Homicide April 27 2013 Update 13
MEDIA RELEASE

Release Date: 05/05/13
Release Number: 13

Daily Update: Leila Fowler Homicide Investigation

(Valley Springs, CA) Calaveras County Sheriff’s Investigators will continue the area canvassing of residences in the Rancho Calaveras subdivision today, May 5th. Yesterday, we were able to complete fifty percent of our intended canvass area. The investigators were tasked with contacting residents in over 300 homes in the overall effort that began on May 4th.

Dive recovery teams from the Calaveras and Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Offices were also deployed to two small reservoirs near the Fowler home. This is but one more evidence search and recovery method used to solve the murder of eight year old Leila Fowler. The dive recovery missions are expected to last throughout the day.

The daily press briefing will be held today at 1:30 pm at the Valley Springs Sheriff’s substation.

https://local.nixle.com/calaveras-county-sheriffs-office/

I would love to know what questions are being asked of residents.

Consider area description from the snapdragon post #261

One day prior to "shelter in place."
http://nixle.com/alert/4993324/
"Sheriff dispatch received multiple 911 calls around 1335 hours today (4-26-13) for a possible structure fire near the area of South Burson Road and Dana Road."
Followup
http://www.kvgcradio.com/local-dail...th-burson-road-fire-cause-under-investigation
"Cal Fire reported the blaze was contained at about 3:15 today. The cause of the fire is still under investigation."

Was this a structural fire? There appear to be two choices based on the satelite images. The location is approximately 5 miles from Rippon Road. My understanding is that loud noises were heard from nearly a mile away.

From the Calaveras County sheriff log.
http://sheriff.co.calaveras.ca.us/Portals/sheriff/Logs/Daily Logs/Daily_Log_04-27-2013.pdf
"13:35 Generic Fire Call/Not Specified 130426062
Occurred on Burson Rd, Burson. Across street on hill. house exploded. on fire. cal fire and deputies
dispatched. . Disposition: No Report Taken."

So less than 24 hours before the introusion on Rippon Road; a nearby (5 mi) house "exploded." Propane tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader