GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be beyond devastated and utterly infuriated if another woman said they were my dead child's mother to the press and to the public. My head would explode. :stormingmad: :panic: :furious:

YEP! And the fact that the stepmom was listed before the biological mother in the obituary...

Was the continuing interview with Leila's bio mom continued at 6:00 p.m.?

TIA...:seeya:

I agree with all the above comments. What ever custody battles they have while Leila's was alive is the past, now Leila's is dead. her Bio mother who carried her in the womb for nine months, should have the rights to be at her bio daughter funeral.

My impression that Leila's step mom & bio dad blended, extended family situation is complicated. There are many things we don't know, we just ousiders. But, this further lead me to believe, someone might hate the step mom or the dad, that is why they purposely want to killed Leila.

And Leila real mother Priscilla looks decent, doesn't seem like a bad person at all. She seem real in the interview. I even feel that she is more real than Leila's step mom who break down on the camera and during interview.

I don't feel any connectio between the old couple get killed and Leila's case, beside they were both stab many times. Maybe someone can enlighted me, any proof come back that the two cases are related? I doubt not.

I think it is also a slap in the face to the other children as well. They don't need that at this time. I am sure they love their Mom & need her now as well.

YEP! And the fact that the stepmom was listed before the biological mother in the obituary...

Was she worded as stepmom in the obit? Or was it her three parents?

LOL this father is beginning to remind me of another man I know.

Is Leila's MOM medicated?
Is that her husband in the interview with her?
Does she have support helping her through this?

Is she getting to see her son?
If not does she have a lawyer helping her to see her son?
Is there anything she needs to help her through this?

She has a very small circle of people she trusts, friends and family included..absolutely nothing has ever come easy for her..as far as being medicated, I believe I would be massively if I had to live this, but I do not know if she is...

As for needing anything, I keep asking and as always she says no..

The overwhelming support for the F* family from our community has been unbelievable..From donations to bake sales, car washes and numerous other fund raisers to help them through this horrific loss, is amazing and commendable..

I think people just hearing her and showing some respect and kindness is all she would want..

Was she worded as stepmom in the obit? Or was it her three parents?

LOL this father is beginning to remind me of another man I know.

The section in the obituary referring to the parents states:

"Leila is survived by her parents, Barney, Crystal and Priscilla;[then the siblings are listed]"

HTH...

I do not know Priscilla's situation at all. But I do know my niece's situation. She had a drug and alcohol problem during her first marriage. She lost custody of her children from her ex and has never gotten to see them. She has since remarried and has 2 other children. She has never had the chance nor the money to fight for her children. At this point, I believe they see their step mom as "mom." But my niece thinks of those children every day of her life and misses them so deeply. At this point, she has accepted the fact that she may not have a relationship with them until they are older, as to not disrupt their lives at this point. She has tried sending gifts and letters, but they are returned. It breaks her heart and ours too, as we love those boys too. Her ex hates her and I can imagine him doing something like this to shut her out of their lives if something horrible were to happen. But she is still their mother and has never stopped loving them. I can only imagine how Priscilla feels. We do not know her situation or what happened, so it cannot be for us to judge. But I cannot imagine how they can take away this woman's last chance to be near her beautiful daughter away from her. I am sure, as my niece does, that she always felt that some day they would have some kind of relationship at some point. And that is now gone forever-and she didn't even get to say a proper goodbye. Please send Priscilla my deepest sympathies on the loss of her daughter and my prayers that the person responsible is brought to justice swiftly and doesn't get a chance to hurt anyone else like this again.

She has a very small circle of people she trusts, friends and family included..absolutely nothing has ever come easy for her..as far as being medicated, I believe I would be massively if I had to live this, but I do not know if she is...

The overwhelming support for the F* family from our community has been unbelievable..From donations to bake sales, car washes and numerous other fund raisers to help them through this horrific loss, is amazing and commendable..

I think people just hearing her and showing some respect and kindness is all she would want..

Well, I think it's absolutely the cruelest thing i have ever heard. The only reasons i could understand for keeping her away would be utterly horrific abuse. That can't be it because she's not in jail.
Her biological mother is of no threat to a dead child. To deny a mother that is beyond despicable.

All IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I think it's absolutely the cruelest thing i have ever heard. The only reasons i could understand for keeping her away would be utterly horrific abuse. That can't be it because she's not in jail.
Her biological mother is of no threat to a dead child. To deny a mother that is beyond despicable.

All IMO

Because he could..pure, plain.. and simple.. :(

I am a stepmother with full custody. My stepkids mother is an alcoholic and a druggie who has abused one of my stepkids (and she is not in jail). She goes about her happy life and continuously takes us back to court for custody she will never get. She represents herself so it's free. You can fight for your kids and you don't have to be able to "afford" it. Anyhow, my stepkids are older than Leila so I have been in their life longer than her stepmom. I cannot imagine for one second, even with everything my stepkids bio mom has done, to openly state to the media that I want to be considered their mother. Nor would I ever consider listing myself as their parent vs step parent in their obituary. Furthermore, I would NEVER deny their mom the ability to say goodbye to her child one final time. My husband and I hate this lady more than anything else in the world but those things wouldn't even be considered. It disgusts me how her poor mother is being treated.

I am so glad Priscilla braved coming forward to speak of her heartache in this. I just don't have words for that newspaper obituary. Crystal was her bio-dad's girlfriend, for Pete's sake. There's an undercurrent going on, here...to say she's survived by her "parents, Barney, Crystal, and Priscilla." Crystal isn't technically even a step-mom, here, is she? I'm sorry if this seems critical, but I'm really hurting for Priscilla. Whether the bio parents shared custody, or even if dad had full custody, you don't deny a bio mom who loves her child the chance to say a final goodbye, especially after a death as cruel and shocking as this. That obituary to me is beyond odd...and seems vindictive, somehow, in light of Priscilla also being barred from the funeral.

dinaslala, please give Priscilla a hug for me, and tell her I'm praying for justice for Leila, and peace and comfort for her.

Learning more about Leila's father is making me wonder if he had an enemy that wanted to get back at him in the cruelest way imaginable. :frown:

CBS Sacramento ‏@CBSSacramento 22m
Live at 10: Rescue on the American River, more from Leila Fowler's mom, and who's responsible for pit bulls that tore apart a child's dog?

I am a stepmother with full custody. My stepkids mother is an alcoholic and a druggie who has abused one of my stepkids (and she is not in jail). She goes about her happy life and continuously takes us back to court for custody she will never get. She represents herself so it's free. You can fight for your kids and you don't have to be able to "afford" it. Anyhow, my stepkids are older than Leila so I have been in their life longer than her stepmom. I cannot imagine for one second, even with everything my stepkids bio mom has done, to openly state to the media that I want to be considered their mother. Nor would I ever consider listing myself as their parent vs step parent in their obituary. Furthermore, I would NEVER deny their mom the ability to say goodbye to her child one final time. My husband and I hate this lady more than anything else in the world but those things wouldn't even be considered. It disgusts me how her poor mother is being treated.

Edited, shared too much.

I ask if she needs anything because I'm not seeing support for her family.
If you see a need for Leila's MOM and HER family, please let us know.
Perhaps she could have her OWN memorial for Leila... nobody can stop her from doing that.

Respect and kindness she certainly has from us. :seeya:

I am so glad Priscilla braved coming forward to speak of her heartache in this. I just don't have words for that newspaper obituary. Crystal was her bio-dad's girlfriend, for Pete's sake. There's an undercurrent going on, here...to say she's survived by her "parents, Barney, Crystal, and Priscilla." Crystal isn't technically even a step-mom, here, is she? I'm sorry if this seems critical, but I'm really hurting for Priscilla. Whether the bio parents shared custody, or even if dad had full custody, you don't deny a bio mom who loves her child the chance to say a final goodbye, especially after a death as cruel and shocking as this. That obituary to me is beyond odd...and seems vindictive, somehow, in light of Priscilla also being barred from the funeral.

dinaslala, please give Priscilla a hug for me, and tell her I'm praying for justice for Leila, and peace and comfort for her.

Is there a legal way to keep someone from a funeral? It seems probably, but maybe I am wrong, that there have been donations that may have covered the funeral expenses. If that is so, the father etc. shouldn't have been able to use paying for that, as a reason to exclude the mother.

I understand intimidation/psychological abuse, so I am not trying to say the mother should have just barged into that funeral. I am sure she was, as I would have been, so emotionally drained, that she wouldn't have been capable of that. I am just wondering what was done to keep this heartbroken mother away from her own child's funeral.

Around 1:40 in the video, Priscilla said something like: (...."a little girl in her room")? Was Leila stabbed in her bedroom? It's very likely Priscilla would know that information.

(I couldn't understand the part right before it...where the "...." are)

I caught that as well. I had previously heard she was found in her bed' so hearing from bio mom say "...in her room", just confirmed what I had heard prior...glad someone else heard it too...

Yes, she said it:

She knows an arrest won’t bring Leila back, but hopes the killer is locked up soon.
“I don’t understand how anyone could hurt a child, a defenseless little girl, in her room.”

http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2013...says-not-finding-killer-makes-her-loss-worse/

Found this article also, confirming the number of stab wounds:
...Leila Fowler was stabbed to death twenty-one times in her family home...

http://www.ledger-dispatch.com/news/local_news/article_a252f914-b8b5-11e2-9022-0019bb30f31a.html

~

The section in the obituary referring to the parents states:

"Leila is survived by her parents, Barney, Crystal and Priscilla;[then the siblings are listed]"

HTH...

Is there a link to the obituary anywhere? TIA!

(ETA: Nevermind, I found it. Googled part of post 627.)

Yes, that does sound critical...
I don't know how or why Priscilla was kept from her own daughter's funeral, but it's a shame that she wasn't present to say goodbye to her child.
There's no way to make that right after the fact. I hope Barney didn't instruct her not to come.

However, with hearing this news, I think the posters here are taking their frustration out on the wrong person. We don't know the reason that Priscilla didn't have custody of the kids she had with Barney. We do know that Barney and his GIRLFRIEND are raising the kids together. Speaking from experience, being JUST the girlfriend doesn't lessen the parental responsibilities when your partner's child is living in the home with you. Crystal has had all the responsibilities a MOTHER has. Today, my boyfriend's son, of whom he has 50/50 custody, got hurt in school. He called ME from the nurse's office. Not his REAL mom. I get no pleasure out of saying that because I'd rather his mother be a reliable, dependable parent but she has shown numerous times not to be.

To the mothers reading here, I assure you, I do everything you do as a parent. Parent/teacher conferences, trips to the ER, colds, flus, tummy aches in the middle of the night. School projects, Little League...All of it. And I'm just the girlfriend.

Give Crystal some credit for raising these kids as her own. Don't bash her because she is not married to Barney.

I believe Crystal's name was before Priscilla's name because Barney and Crystal are a couple. Crystal is now an extension of Barney so they were listed together, then Priscilla was listed as the other parent.

And the reason I am still JUST the girlfriend is that my boyfriend's ex is doing everything in her power to delay their divorce (that she filed for 3 yrs ago). Meanwhile I am happily performing the duties of a loving (step)parent.

<snip>
I don't feel any connectio between the old couple get killed and Leila's case, beside they were both stab many times. Maybe someone can enlighted me, any proof come back that the two cases are related? I doubt not.

There may not be a direct link between the cases. Nonetheless, there are enough similarities that I do not discount the possibility. Further, if not directly related; one case may provide insight to the other.

A nuance lies in the additional description of the wounds in the Davis case. In addition to being stabbed, they were said to have been cut and/or slashed. Cut and slash implies superficial wounds - torture/punishment. There are differences between the lethality of cuts and the lethality of stabs. Notably, duration of life before succumbing to death from the wounds. Cuts may be precisely intentional and stabs may be recklessly emotional.

Death following superficial wounds may indicate that someone became over zealous with punishment - including self-inflicted punishment. Poplular music artists (Pink and others) raise awareness of self-inflicted cutting in their videos. Hopefully, raising awareness does not inspire copycats. Supericial wounds followed by deep wounds may indicate the elimination of a witness. The coroners report could make this distinction.

Posting the Pink, video directly *advertiser censored** Perfect, would probably violate forum rules. Here is an indirect link. The video may offend you (don't watch it), but reading Pink's comments about making it may provide insight.
http://chitaskforce.wordpress.com/2...ideo-about-suicide-cutting-among-young-girls/
Please note that this is not some underground recording. It is popular. Plus, it is well intended as social commentary. Pink remarks that incidence of cutting amoung young girls is increasing. I can't vouch for her accuracy but I can say that my awareness of this practice has increased, having brokered help.
(My apologies to those who posted thanks before this edit.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar