GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So what are the rules on the media showing pictures of the brother?

I know that pictures of siblings of victims can be shown in the media. But what if they arrested? I think there are pictures of the 13-year-old boy in Iowa who killed his mom in the media, so I don't think this case would be any different?

Oh how very very sad. I will be praying for the family and also the bio mom. Thanks Tricia for the new thread.

Sad to say, I backed off of this thread because I suspected this since day one, and so did a few others. I was thrown off by the neighbor 'witness', but... nothing else made sense.

I'll keep this family in my thoughts and prayers. So terribly sad... :cry:

Oh My God, this is serious?
Since the begining of this case, everywhere on the internet many many many people said the brother did it.
I never really doubt the brother, since we have witness that claim to saw the same man description as the brother saw.
Oh my, this is very sad.
And how did the brother hide all the knives evidence?
And how did the neighbor (the one that decline her story of saw the man run out of the house), how does she come up with the same description as the brother?
Did she hear the brother describe the intruder first? And she just go along with it?
I found it STRANGE that if the neighbor and the brother never talk to each others, but both descriptions describe the intruder come out to be the same.

This is not like that one case that the brother and his friend was falsely charge for killing his sister, and many years later it turn out to be the homeless man did it? Michael Crowe, I think that the case.

One witness recanted & it was not an exact match as the brother. The other person saw a suspicious vehicle IIRC.

LE has been searching & searching for *advertiser censored*. Many people have speculated it was for the knife & perhaps bloody clothing. The FBI doesn't bring in their blood dogs from Washington DC to Calif. if they don't believe there is evidence around the house. Murders happen all the time & they don't do this, so it proves to me they knew they would find what the were looking for in that immediate area & they had to find that evidence for an arrest & conviction. JMO.

Many are asking what would make a 12 year old kill his sister. IMO, homicides committed by juveniles against family members are usually over a stupid argument. What to watch on TV, which video game to play, who's turn to use the computer, and getting cell phone or car privileges taken away. Impulse or anger control not completely developed yet or something. We may hear later that this kid had anti social tendencies.

Very tragic news for sure.

MEDIA RELEASE
Release Date: 05/11/13
Release Number: 19
Arrest Made in Leila Fowler Homicide Investigation

(Valley Springs, CA) Calaveras County Sheriff Gary Kuntz made the below statement tonight during a 7:30 p.m. press conference concerning this investigation.

“Today Calaveras County Sheriff’s Office detectives arrested the murderer of eight year old Leila Fowler. At 5:10 p.m. detectives arrested Leila’s 12 year old brother at the Sheriff’s Office’s Valley Springs Substation on the charge of homicide.

During the past fifteen days we have conducted an expansive investigation. These types of cases require a considerable amount of time, and it was our commitment to make sure that we did as thorough a job as possible.

I want to express how proud I am of the Calaveras County Sheriff’s Office’s detectives and staff, and their professionalism during this case. We have put over 2000 hours into this investigation to provide Leila Fowler’s family with answers into her murder. I also want to thank the many allied agencies who have offered their assistance in this investigation, including:
The California Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigation, Calaveras County District Attorney’s Office, Angels Camp Police Department, Tuolumne County Sheriff’s Office, Amador County Sheriff’s Office, San Joaquin County Sheriff’s Office, Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office, Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Office, California Highway Patrol, California State Parole, United States Marshall’s Service, Calaveras County Probation Department, Jenny Lind Fire Department, and Cal Fire.

Finally, I want to thank the citizens of Calaveras County for their patience and constant support.

This is an ongoing investigation. While we know you may have many questions, I will not be providing information about the investigation at this time.”

http://sheriff.co.calaveras.ca.us/P...tatement2.pdf?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_BAYBrand

Sad to say, I backed off of this thread because I suspected this since day one, and so did a few others. I was thrown off by the neighbor 'witness', but... nothing else made sense.

I'll keep this family in my thoughts and prayers. So terribly sad... :cry:

This is one more example off me being a horrible judge of people. I thought for sure it was an intruder.

Apparently all those years at WS hasn't learned me nothin'.

:D

Second to last kid in the picture.

That's not the picture I was talking about though...but he has the same exact expression in both.

Wow - he looks much older than 12. I thought it was the other one... the younger brother. How old is the younger one then?

Holy moly!!! It didn't add up from the beginning. I think LE knew early on what was going on but the crime scene was complex and they required forensics to meticulously analyze exactly what occurred before an arrest was made. Very sad. I haven't been following the thread here but I wonder what mental disorder he has and what made him break that day.

This is one more example off me being a horrible judge of people. I thought for sure it was an intruder.

Apparently all those years at WS hasn't learned me nothin'.

:D

I wish I was not so cynical at times, but I never believed the intruder story. It made no sense.

The violence of the crime is horrifying, from what we have heard. I think this kid needs to be kept away from society for a long time in whatever type of facility is appropriate, assuming the charges prove to be true.

I thought this would be the case but I tried to give him credit... but still. He's 12. :thud:
And Priscilla... :tears:

Holy moly!!! It didn't add up from the beginning. I think LE knew early on what was going on but the crime scene was complex and they required forensics to meticulously analyze exactly what occurred before an arrest was made. Very sad. I haven't been following the thread here but I wonder what mental disorder he has and what made him break that day.

So true, because the brother's fingerprints & DNA should be all over the house. How many cases here, do we run in that same scenario, that they can't prove a family member for that exact reason? It will be interesting to find out if they found the knife, maybe clothing or was there a confession.

I wish I was not so cynical at times, but I never believed the intruder story. It made no sense.

The violence of the crime is horrifying, from what we have heard. I think this kid needs to be kept away from society for a long time in whatever type of facility is appropriate, assuming the charges prove to be true.

I totally agree. I'm proud of those of you who aren't as trusting as I am. :blushing:

All I can say is "wow". When I first heard about the killing and that they were searching the area, my first thought was, "why bother, the brother did it". It was just instinct. Then when the neighbor recanted her story (she had claimed to see the "suspect"), I was more positive LE was wasting time searching elsewhere.

From now on, I'm going with my first instinct in these cases. It settles things faster for me.

The poor child, stabbed to death by a member of her own family. Then he wastes all that time and money sending LE on a wild goose chase. I have many words but I'll shut up. :facepalm:

I thought this would be the case but I tried to give him credit... but still. He's 12. :thud:
And Priscilla... :tears:

I know! 12, I can't even imagine. I have a 10-yo daughter and a 14-yo son. Hits close to home.

Oh no!! I am just sick over this. :(

Me too. So not what I wanted to hear would be the outcome.

Of course it was easy to immediately think about him as the possible perp but then I heard a witness had seen someone and of course I will never forget the case of Michael Crowe.

When the news was first aired I told my hubs "watch, the brother did it, mark my words!" Later that day I came on WS and others were hinting around. Then the neighbor and knife thing. The rumored 21 stab wounds sealed it up for me. 21 stab sounds is over kill and it expresses extreme hate. Who would hate a 8 year old that much? What kind of intruder stabs a little girl 21 times? All answers pointed to one person unfortunately :( .

Wow - he looks much older than 12. I thought it was the other one... the younger brother. How old is the younger one then?

Really? He looks 12 to me. Hopefully, we are talking about the same kid.

There are two brothers younger than the 12-year-old. I don't know their ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar