GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with that, but I also believe there needs to be a fail safe system that reliably monitors his progress. Perhaps it should employ the use of a polygraph to discover if he learns to mimic better, truly has changed, truly is remorseful, and not just because he was caught.
But.... I'm not comfortable taking the word of a psychiatrist. History has shown that to be a gamble.

off topic but on my train of thought;). Something like the above should also be used before pedophiles are ever released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pedophiles should NEVER be released...this has been proven time and time again! IMO

The scent of fresh paint filled the air inside the house where 8-year-old Leila Fowler was killed April 27 – the whole interior now coated in bright white. The carpet had been ripped up and discarded but not yet replaced, and the plumbing was in various stages of repair.

snip...On a small kitchen countertop sat the colorful painting of a child, complete with a large green tree that nearly filled the page, a couple of multi-colored flowers and a crooked, childish signature – Leila F. It was the type of painting that seems made for a refrigerator door.

http://www.calaverasenterprise.com/news/article_368b20e2-f92b-11e2-996e-001a4bcf887a.html

The scent of fresh paint filled the air inside the house where 8-year-old Leila Fowler was killed April 27 – the whole interior now coated in bright white. The carpet had been ripped up and discarded but not yet replaced, and the plumbing was in various stages of repair.

snip...On a small kitchen countertop sat the colorful painting of a child, complete with a large green tree that nearly filled the page, a couple of multi-colored flowers and a crooked, childish signature – Leila F. It was the type of painting that seems made for a refrigerator door.

http://www.calaverasenterprise.com/news/article_368b20e2-f92b-11e2-996e-001a4bcf887a.html

What I'm wondering is why they would leave picture behind? Odd.

Defense says he continues to stand by the story of the intruder. Didn't we hear that he confessed to LE?

They do make some good points though. Sounds like it will be an interesting court case. Has anyone heard if this is going through adult or juvenile court?

Of course LE and the prosecution has been very quiet about what evidence is, so who knows at this point?

Does anyone know if the brother has problems? His maintaining the intruder story, after confessing, seems like the small child that you're looking at when they break something, and you ask why did you do that, they answer I didn't do it, I saw you do it, no, I didn't do it. But they should be grown out of by 5 or 6.
UNLESS this is a case of LE putting a lot of pressure on the kid, and he confessed to end it. Then went back to his original story.
I would love to hear what evidence they have against him. It doesn't seem to be enough to convince the parents (if they know what the evidence is)

Does anyone know if the brother has problems? His maintaining the intruder story, after confessing, seems like the small child that you're looking at when they break something, and you ask why did you do that, they answer I didn't do it, I saw you do it, no, I didn't do it. But they should be grown out of by 5 or 6.
UNLESS this is a case of LE putting a lot of pressure on the kid, and he confessed to end it. Then went back to his original story.
I would love to hear what evidence they have against him. It doesn't seem to be enough to convince the parents (if they know what the evidence is)

Would any evidence be enough to convince the parents that one of their children killed their other child? I don't think the parents thinking their son is innocent means LE doesn't have enough convincing evidence.

If they really thought their son was innocent, wouldn't they be making a much bigger stink? Their 12-year-old son is sitting in a cell. Or doing things to look for the real killer? This case was completely silent for over a month.

Kevin Oliver ‏@KCRAKevin 37s
2 minute long hearing in Leila Fowler murder case just wrapped up. New court date set for Sept

Kevin Oliver ‏@KCRAKevin 2m
Defendant said one word "yea"when asked about waiving time rules for speedy trial.
Expand

Kevin Oliver ‏@KCRAKevin 2m
12 yo suspect smiled once during hearing while talking to attys.
Expand

The trial will likely take weeks, not days, when it is scheduled, Plesser said, noting the sensitivity of the case and the amount of evidence in question.

The boy is scheduled to return to court 1:15 p.m. Sept. 18 to set a date for his jurisdictional hearing, at which a judge will determine if he is guilty of the charge.

Just so I have this straight....On September 18, the judge will determine what day IF's trial will begin, and it will last weeks?

Hmmm...I am thinking a December/January trial. I wonder how much information from the trial will be available to the public? I don't think cameras will be allowed in the courtroom for it but reporters can just write articles about what went on, right?

Hmmm...I am thinking a December/January trial. I wonder how much information from the trial will be available to the public? I don't think cameras will be allowed in the courtroom for it but reporters can just write articles about what went on, right?

BBM - That's my understanding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member