GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I think she probably was wise. The $566/month would be for the two children SF had with BF (the oldest son, JF, and the oldest daughter, AF), wouldn't it? Or is JF considered 'adult' now? (I'm not familiar with how long child support payments continue.) I still admit to having a problem with why BF would have to be ordered by a judge last year to 'seek employment' while at the same time he's been actively seeking child support from two ex-wives. I'm guessing the girlfriend doesn't work fulltime with all the childcare duties...so between the 3 women and 1 man, only ONE (noncustodial) adult is working fulltime in support of all these kids?? (I understand PR is on disability, and have no problem with that.) Just wondering how two parents who were housing 7 kids didn't think either of them had to hold down a job...sorry if that sounds critical. It's just a wonder...

He's an adult and I don't think he was living with them.

As time marches on, we will get more answers. I would like to know if they found the knife. Hummm, young man, pocketknife in his past brings back memory of when I was a kid. I got a pocketknife from my dad that was about 4in long with a blade of about 3in. After several min on the toilet, I got up, grabbed my blue jeans, hiked em up. I reached behind me and flushed. A clunk sound made me turn around. Just in time to see my pocketknife swirl and poof, it was gone. So I wonder????

PS: Did not see this posted. Not sure if it will be of any help. http://www.calaveras.courts.ca.gov/online-services/calendars

As time marches on, we will get more answers. I would like to know if they found the knife. Hummm, young man, pocketknife in his past brings back memory of when I was a kid. I got a pocketknife from my dad that was about 4in long with a blade of about 3in. After several min on the toilet, I got up, grabbed my blue jeans, hiked em up. I reached behind me and flushed. A clunk sound made me turn around. Just in time to see my pocketknife swirl and poof, it was gone. So I wonder????

PS: Did not see this posted. Not sure if it will be of any help. http://www.calaveras.courts.ca.gov/online-services/calendars

Thanks for the link! Not seeing the 'v. *advertiser censored****' name, but in Dept. 1, cases 18-28 have none of that listed. Instead they have case numbers including the letters JD or JW in them. Possibly juvenile court cases? If so, looks like hearing could be today, after noon sometime.

ETA: Yes, apparently juvenile delinquency cases in CA have a "JW" number. (SFBar pdf makes mention of that under reimbursement procedures for attys--pdf page 20, top). http://www.sfbar.org/forms/lawyerreferrals/ida/billing_and_practice_materials.pdf

There are 3 JW case numbers scheduled for 1:30 today.
There is 1 JW case for 1:15 on Wednesday.

ETA again: Reading a bit more, I'm guessing that the "JD" cases are Juvenile Dependency cases (involving possible neglect, abuse, etc.) so those case numbers listed with that abbreviation would not be this case.

I was wondering about that. Why did LE not pump and search the contents of the septic tank? My husband says it is very highly unlikely that something weighty like a knife would make it past the trap. I do think they checked the traps, since they tore up the entire house.

"Her brother called Leila’s father and girlfriend who were attending a Little League baseball game at the time to tell them he saw a man hitting his sister and that he scared the stranger from the house."

JMO. More disinformation. Incompetence, too much television, or purposeful counter disinformation, I doubt the latter.

Toilet flushes aren't nearly as powerful these days as they were even 20-30 years ago, due to water conservation regulations now in place for residential buildings. Only the airports seem to have that guaranteed flush anymore.

If the Fowler residence was on septic system, seems it's even less likely that means of weapon disposal would succeed.

Completely off topic for a sec...but if anyone else on here has trouble with the quote feature not 'quoting' for you in the gray box, here's a quick fix:

Click on Edit. Then look at the post you wanted to quote, making sure it begins with the completely bracketed word quote (or quote=poster's name), and then ends with the completely bracketed notation that looks like this:

[/quote]

If it doesn't, type in what's missing, then click 'save.' Sometimes one or both of those beginnings/endings of quoted post get mysteriously lopped off during the posting process.

*Anything you say in response to the quoted post must be written after the [/quote].

Children may be tentatively diagnosed for mental illnesses and are all the time. Like childhood onset Schizophrenia or early onset Bipolar disorder. The point is that there are many issues that may mimic these disorders in childhood. Conduct disorders, defiant disorders and even psychotic depressive disorder. No self respecting psychiatrist wants to apply a life long label such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder etc if he is not absolutely sure. It takes years of observing and treatment of a particular child to know what is actually going on. My nephew has been in treatment since age five. They have several tentative diagnoses but after years they are not sure. Sometimes he acts like ADHD and other times bipolar. He also claims to hear voices. His psychiatrist is one of the best in a big medical town and at this point he will not or cannot say what he thinks the diagnosis is...............JMO

Completely off topic for a sec...but if anyone else on here has trouble with the quote feature not 'quoting' for you in the gray box, here's a quick fix:

Click on Edit. Then look at the post you wanted to quote, making sure it begins with the completely bracketed word quote (or quote=poster's name), and then ends with the completely bracketed notation that looks like this:

If it doesn't, type in what's missing, then click 'save.' Sometimes one or both of those beginnings/endings gets mysteriously lopped off during the posting process.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, the feature has not been working. I am new to WS, very low tech and this adds to my confusion. I will see if I can make your instructions work.

Do you have any idea how much bandwidth is used here?

That is true. But that opens the question -How old is the house?

BTW Dept 1 is HON. JOHN E. MARTIN who I have the utmost respect.

Glad to hear about the judge's reputation.

Not sure of the home's age right off, but if you know the house number, you could google the complete address and find a record online of when it was last purchased. That transaction would also tell the date it was constructed.

But since the area is at least semi-rural, may need to also consider it could be on septic system, which is even more adverse to foreign objects being flushed down. (We've visited a semi-rural vacation spot regularly and speak from unfortunate experience. ;-))

ETA: Okay, I googled. According to Zillow the house was built in 2006.

PoirotryInMotion said:
If it doesn't, type in what's missing, then click 'save.' Sometimes one or both of those beginnings/endings gets mysteriously lopped off during the posting process.

Octopus' Garden said:
Thanks, the feature has not been working. I am new to WS, very low tech and this adds to my confusion. I will see if I can make your instructions work.

Do you have any idea how much bandwidth is used here?

A LOT. (Many photos, videos, and ads here that eat up bandwidth.) I find I have to clear my cache every couple hours so as not to fight the 'color-wheel-lag.'

And yes, the feature is causing trouble on here; I had to go back and fix my quoted response to your post, too!

ETA: Feel free to PM me if you need more instructions. Everything I know (which isn't a whole lot in the scheme of things) I learned from my marvelous geek kid. :D

IF's next court appearance is tomorrow BTW. What will be happening then? Will he plead?

I thought it was tomorrow, if it was today the local news will probably have a story on it this evening. The lawyer says he's going out of town tomorrow on his twitter, so maybe it was rescheduled.

I was wondering about that. Why did LE not pump and search the contents of the septic tank? My husband says it is very highly unlikely that something weighty like a knife would make it past the trap. I do think they checked the traps said:
I'm going to try this again, tried to fix the quote and lost my post. LOL

They didn't check the septic tanks? I believe they were there for a couple of weeks, but I've not read what all they checked. I think it's more likely evidence was out before LE got there, though.

Children may be tentatively diagnosed for mental illnesses and are all the time. Like childhood onset Schizophrenia or early onset Bipolar disorder. The point is that there are many issues that may mimic these disorders in childhood. Conduct disorders, defiant disorders and even psychotic depressive disorder. No self respecting psychiatrist wants to apply a life long label such as schizophrenia, bipolar disorder etc if he is not absolutely sure. It takes years of observing and treatment of a particular child to know what is actually going on. My nephew has been in treatment since age five. They have several tentative diagnoses but after years they are not sure. Sometimes he acts like ADHD and other times bipolar. He also claims to hear voices. His psychiatrist is one of the best in a big medical town and at this point he will not or cannot say what he thinks the diagnosis is...............JMO

My own illnesses have morphed with age. I can't even imagine giving a definitive, life long, diagnosis of a child. I think psychiatry has to be at the top of the list when you consider something to be a "practice".

winterrose said:
I was wondering about that. Why did LE not pump and search the contents of the septic tank? My husband says it is very highly unlikely that something weighty like a knife would make it past the trap. I do think they checked the traps, since they tore up the entire house.

I'm going to try this again, tried to fix the quote and lost my post. LOL

They didn't check the septic tanks? I believe they were there for a couple of weeks, but I've not read what all they checked. I think it's more likely evidence was out before LE got there, though.

Aggravating, isn't it! If you have two commands to quote at the beginning as in this post (quoting two posts), you also need two 'end-quote' commands, one at the end of what each person says, before you can reply. EG:

[/quote] (after 'house')
[/quote] (after 'though')

(Your response...)

Hoping the system gets to working better, soon. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics