GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel free to write that book!

I think I would suggest releasing a statement thanking the public for their donations and support stressing Leila and how the money was used for her funeral and memory. Then I would say this trajedy has taken such a toll on our family that we respectfully ask for privacy to grieve for our daughter and ensure justice is served.
The last thing I would say is we believe in "innocent until proven guilty" and the right to a fair trial. Please respect the complexity of our situation and give us our privacy. I would hope reporters would leave them alone after that. On another note they could be holding out for the big paying interview on Dateline or 48 Hours. That would probably pay for the lawyer. Casey sold her pictures to pay for her trial and it is just a matter of time before she needs money and does her big interview or is that already in the works?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

Here's one interesting fact I just found out today:

JKInvestigations is not working off any of the donated funds to the Fowler account--not any funds, in fact. Apparently they are doing this casework pro bono.

Which makes me inclined to think the lawyer is also doing this pro bono.

The investigator for this case is hired by and is working for the attys, not for the family...something to keep in mind when wondering why the family isn't having the PI look for the supposed intruder. The investigator's job (as he puts it) is to find and discover potential mines in the minefield so that the atty's job can go smoothly.

The attorney is working for the client (the accused)--and his main job description just is to try to keep him from being convicted, not to find an alternative killer.

However, the family certainly has enough funds now in that special account to hire their own PI to find the intruder (if they were certain of the truth of their son's story).

There needs to be an official way for people to make donations to a family during tragic circumstances like this .. it seems to me that these funds that spring up (by well intentioned individuals) are fraught with danger.

We know that the family is not talking to the mainstream media. We know that the family has not used any sort of social media. We know that the family has not released a sketch of this intruder. So...how exactly are they working to clear their son's name and find the intruder? It's not like they have access to the thousands of pages of police work and they are reviewing it themselves or something. I am just not sure why I am supposed to believe that the family is doing something to catch this intruder in the privacy of their own home. I would think finding a mysterious intruder would involve the public.

For people whose child was supposedly murdered by an intruder, who is still running free, while the 12-year-old brother is about to spend 13 years of his life behind bars...They don't seem to be raising any sort of alarm.

So all I'm saying is....IF can plead not guilty...but the actions of the parents tell me that they truly don't believe there's an intruder out there.

I don't know what you, personally, are supposed to believe or why.

JMO The F family has received more than enough criticism for everything they have done and not done. I can't blame them for attempting to stay private.
In one months time their daughter was murdered, their son was arrested for it, they have been staying with relatives, moved from the home
where the crime occurred. Perhaps not much else, other than grieving, can be added to their plate right now.

It's really muddled. In the 911 call, CW says "My daughter is freaking out." It was never made clear if SHE heard her freaking out, or if IF said she was freaking out. The PI did say IF said the intruder hit the sister, BUT did not say IF said that in the 911 call.
"Her brother called Leila’s father and girlfriend who were attending a Little League baseball game at the time to tell them he saw a man hitting his sister and that he scared the stranger from the house." To me, that's quite unclear. It does not ever say he DID tell them this, only that called in order to tell them. (But did he? What DID he tell them? On the 911 call we do hear, it's very clear that CW thought she was OK. She said as much.)

BUT, the lawyer has already said IF could be making the intruder up. "An attorney for the 12-year-old boy said the youngster might have lied about seeing a long-haired intruder fleeing the scene, but that doesn't make the boy the killer."

We don't know what "may have" means. Does he mean it's possible he made it up, but I'm not sure at this point? Or, does it mean he "may have" made it up, because he didn't see the intruder and was scared? There is such a huge difference between the two scenarios. In the first, there could be no intruder. In the second, there is an intruder he just didn't see. The lawyer is being very vague, but still...is not really fighting for the intruder theory...it seems.

As always, just my opinion!! I do agree completely, that we don't know what he saw...of anything. We might never know.

It was reported somewhere that, during the call IF made to his father, his parents told him to go check on LF, after doing this IF told them that she was not moving. I probably linked to that from these threads.

It was reported somewhere that, during the call IF made to his father, his parents told him to go check on LF, after doing this IF told them that she was not moving. I probably linked to that from these threads.

I guess that would be another call after the 911 call CW made, or she would have said she needed an ambulance there, this info hasn't been in the media. Just from the description of something the investigator said while in the house, IF would know it was bad and she needed one. Also, they're not releasing IF's 911 call. If you're local, friend, or relative, you can be verified if you contact a mod.

I haven't seen that and have followed this case closely? Can you find a link? TIA

I have not personally seen that said ever. Not on the internet, or in these threads. Do you have a link for this? Not that I'm questioning you, it would just be interesting to read. One of the biggest things many people on here have said they would like to see, is the conversation that happened between IF and 911. Reasons why:
1. It does not appear that IF told CW (well, the sister's boyfriend...who was relaying to CW) there was anything wrong. She said they are "Okay."
2. It does not appear CW is aware that Leila was hurt at all.
3. From many news sources (I'm sorry, I don't have time to pull them) it was said that BF "discovered," or "found" Leila stabbed. Nowhere does it communicate they knew she was going to be injured.

The reason we have raised these questions, is because we have not heard the call between IF and the 911 dispatcher. In fact, the police said that would not be released. So, yeah...a link to that article would certainly be helpful in broadening the whole picture!

No screengrab found in my collection for the dispatcher relaying message that Leila's wounds were 'severe.' Sorry! Can't verify that via media link either as it's been edited/updated...so take my memory of that with a grain of salt, I guess.

I imagine the 911 call IF made will be used by the DA as evidence, how and what he said, any changing stories, timeline of when something happened to Leila compared to when he called his father, etc.

I have not personally seen that said ever. Not on the internet, or in these threads. Do you have a link for this? Not that I'm questioning you, it would just be interesting to read. One of the biggest things many people on here have said they would like to see, is the conversation that happened between IF and 911. Reasons why:
1. It does not appear that IF told CW (well, the sister's boyfriend...who was relaying to CW) there was anything wrong. She said they are "Okay."
2. It does not appear CW is aware that Leila was hurt at all.
3. From many news sources (I'm sorry, I don't have time to pull them) it was said that BF "discovered," or "found" Leila stabbed. Nowhere does it communicate they knew she was going to be injured.

The reason we have raised these questions, is because we have not heard the call between IF and the 911 dispatcher. In fact, the police said that would not be released. So, yeah...a link to that article would certainly be helpful in broadening the whole picture!

I am looking for a link to that. The report was very likely inaccurate, just as we have reports of chased, followed, encountered and so on.

I've not seen a link to that in here, or in the media, maybe it was comments on an article? Sometimes they can be posted on articles just to give misinformation, or maybe it's true, but you never know. However, it would just lead to more questions. This is why I really want to hear facts from the court and we probably won't hear much tomorrow, except a plea. ~shrug~

Ok, I've been reading through and not commenting on the posts that have been discussed on the 911 call. The reason I have stayed silent is because there simply isn't enough there to obtain a overall picture of the situation at hand. There is one person on the phone that we can hear that has no idea what really is going on because "they are not at the scene". They are in panic mode trying to relay a phone call. There is no way I "personally" could attempt to speculate anything on that phone call without hearing all the other conversations that happened within that short time period.

I am sitting back at this point and waiting to see what comes out in court. I don't think they would have brought charges against this child unless they had significant evidence.

The not guilty plea doesn't really concern me as much as the choices that the court and parents take in order to see this child gets proper care and is not put in a position where he can harm others if he is guilty. The parents may very well know what happened at this point, but they want the best for the child. That's what I am hoping for. Now, if they know of his guilt and want to take him home and expose others to potential violent actions, then yes, I have a problem. If they covered up evidence, I have a problem.

I really have no idea what the parents are thinking or want to do in this situation. I can't assume that just because a not guilty plea was entered that they want this young boy to walk free and go home pretending like nothing happened. They have attorneys guiding them in this process and it doesn't necessarily mean that they want the child to walk. It may be that they want him to have the best treatment.

It's just to early to know at his point and my opinion could change once more things come out in court.

I am looking for a link to that. The report was very likely inaccurate, just as we have reports of chased, followed, encountered and so on.

Had my bandwidth restricted looking for it but did find this and many others that were misleading.

"called his parents to tell them his sister was on the floor and not responding"

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/349027#ixzz2UfJVCKG5

Hope we hear some evidence soon. If the trial remains public, will the transcripts be accessible?

I really don't understand why IF would tell his sister (and her boyfriend) that Leila was "okay" when she was really dying of 21 stab wounds. We don't even know if IF told the dispatcher that Leila had been stabbed. It might not prove that he killed her, but it does show he didn't give a crap about getting his sister medical attention. 12 is old enough that if you find your sister dying of stab wounds...You call 911.

I hope they have the weapon too because if they don't, the defense will say the intruder took it with him. However, it wouldn't be hard for someone to get rid of the knife before LE came so we can't say that not having the knife means IF is innocent.

I also doubt that he had a phone in the bathroom. So even if he was in the bathroom when this intruder entered, he had to leave it, to find a phone to call someone. He also said that Leila was "okay" implying that he did check on her. I didn't get the feeling from the call that IF was hiding in the bathroom and scared to come out....

I actually didn't hear him say that in the call. What was said in the 911 call was what Crystal told the dispatcher-she said "they said they are ok." Keep in mind that she is relaying what she is hearing from her daughter and her boyfriend who are actually on the call with IF. There could have likely been a lot of confusion during the call. For example: The boyfriend asked IF "are YOU ok?" This could mean you singular or plural. The boy could have thought it meant just him and responded "yes." Then the boyfriend said-"they're ok."

Had my bandwidth restricted looking for it but did find this and many others that were misleading.

"called his parents to tell them his sister was on the floor and not responding"

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/349027#ixzz2UfJVCKG5

Hope we hear some evidence soon. If the trial remains public, will the transcripts be accessible?

Awesome, I'm so glad you found it. I was looking for it this morning, even checking comments. I hate when I read an article or see a video, know I read something, but can't find it. Alot of the first articles are disappearing and in the early articles it makes you wonder if that one reporter got it right talking to someone. Was it the dispatcher who talked to IF with him saying she was unresponsive or another call to the Dad, or did that even happen? The media gets about half a story right and most articles are repeats of someone elses'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321