GUILTY CA - Leila Fowler, 8, murdered, 12yo charged, Valley Springs, 27 Apr 2013 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was said they were living near Jenny Lind during Summer 2012.

In the PI's blog, they said that when they went to the home, it was all torn up by LE. I wonder...who is in charge of paying for all that? The person who owns the place needs the house back in good condition before they can offer it to other renters. Do they have to include whether a murder happened in a house in California? I guess in a way the family is lucky they were renting it because they would probably have a very hard time trying to sell it.

I guess the homeowner's insurance would pay for something like that, I don't see why not. I don't know if the county would be held responsible.

I've read an article where this woman bought a home and owner never told her a murder had occurred. I sure would do some digging of the address before I bought one.

IIRC they were in escrow when the murder occurred...I may have read that info from comments from folks in the community...I have no link to provide, so take it for what it is worth...:twocents:

I doubt that. there have been several articles saying they were barely getting by, month to month. I don't see any way they could have passed the scrutiny to get a mortgage loan, imo.

We just took several weeks to get ours refinanced to a lower interest rate, and it was like the inquisition, even though we have already been paying the mortgage for the past 12 years, at a HIGHER rate.

BBM
BBM

So IF didn't do it, but they don't want him to come home?

Is anyone trying to get this child the help he needs? Even if he is innocent, IF is dealing with huge issues right now: not only the death of his sister, but also the separation from his family and the loss of his freedom.
Agree!

IIRC they were in escrow when the murder occurred...I may have read that info from comments from folks in the community...I have no link to provide, so take it for what it is worth...:twocents:
I don't know what you mean by they were in escrow? Do you mean they put down earnest money on a home to show they were interested in purchasing it?

One point against this, is that he was old enough and mature enough to look after his sister on his own.
That could be a matter of opinion. I have seen way to many kids in charge of their younger siblings because it was easier on the parents.

MOO

I am not saying that he was mature enough ...... But that the parents thought so, otherwise they wouldn't have let him babysit....

What I meant was in their opinion he was mature enough, and that now they want to say he isn't mature enough to understand court proceedings

Personally I don't believe kids should mind/babysit kids

I doubt that. there have been several articles saying they were barely getting by, month to month. I don't see any way they could have passed the scrutiny to get a mortgage loan, imo.

We just took several weeks to get ours refinanced to a lower interest rate, and it was like the inquisition, even though we have already been paying the mortgage for the past 12 years, at a HIGHER rate.

Well, having been a mortgage underwriter for 25 years, I cannot dispute your argument, I simply was relaying what is being said. Besides FHA is simply subprime lending...doesn't take a whole lot to qualify. Not to mention the low price of real estate one can obtain in VS...

:seeya:

Please do not use the minor's name. I had to edit three posts to remove it. Even if quoting an article change the name to initials please.

I kind of wonder if the lawyers are working pro-bono for the parents or if they told them their services will cost $70k (the amount of money they apparently got from donations)?

Not positive if this is true because it was only source I could find

http://voices.yahoo.com/do-disclose-death-murder-house-6690396.html?cat=17
Unless they died of AIDS, then they don't have to disclose the death (what sense does THAT make? If they die of cancer you have to tell, but if they die of AIDS you don't?)

This also holds true if you are renting the house to someone.
http://www.dre.ca.gov/files/pdf/re6.pdf
No cause of action arises against an owner or the owner’s broker/agent (or any cooperating broker/agent) when selling, leasing, or renting real property for failing to disclose to the buyer, lessee, or renter the following:
• the manner or occurrence of an occupant’s death upon the real property if the death occurred more than 3 years prior to the transferee’s offer to purchase, lease, or rent the property; or
• that an occupant of the property was afflicted with, or died from, Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS).

I can't find the original post where someone had talked about having to disclose if someone dies, in the house( to a potential homebuyer)... but i just wanted to say that technically she didn't die in the house, did she? She was pronounced dead at the hospital, so then it wouldn't have to be disclosed, right?

I can't find the original post where someone had talked about having to disclose if someone dies, in the house( to a potential homebuyer)... but i just wanted to say that technically she didn't die in the house, did she? She was pronounced dead at the hospital, so then it wouldn't have to be disclosed, right?

Ooh, I wonder if that is some kind of loophole the owners could get around?

It seems that they only have to disclose the death for 3 years, and then they can have no mention of it. If you google the house's address, only three results on the first page pertain to the murder. Two of them are news articles, which will probably go into the archives one day. So, who knows if in 5 years...if there will even be results on the first page saying what happened in that house! I mean, if the news articles/forum posts are from years ago...why would they come up on the first page? Eventually, I could just see the results being filled with those generic real estate websites when you search for it. I guess it depends on whether people keep writing articles about how it's a murder house to keep the results about it newer and thus on the first page. I know that for a lot of notorious houses, the local media will write an article about it whenever it's for sale.

is this new? i can't catch up with you guys. snipped/bbm...what the heck does that last paragraph indicate??? :

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130530/A_NEWS/305300331/-1/A_NEWS02

The court session was short, in part, because defense attorneys did not take several steps they had considered, either to ask that the case simply be dismissed because the boy is so young or to ask for some less-restrictive form of detention that would allow him more contact with his family.

The boy is being held in the El Dorado County Juvenile Hall in Placerville. Calaveras County does not have a juvenile lockup and contracts with other counties to provide beds to minors.

After the court hearing, the boy's attorneys said they did not ask to change his detention because there really isn't any suitable home for him to go to.

"The family's living environment has been so unstable since this happened," attorney Steven Plesser said.

"They were about to move," attorney Mark Reichel said of the Fowler family's situation at the time Leila was stabbed.

Because of that instability, attorneys said they don't have any proposal they can make right now for a less-restrictive way to keep the boy in detention.

The boy's attorneys suggested there may be problems with the boy's situation at the juvenile hall. Plesser declined to give details, saying the matter could be the subject of litigation in the future.

Having been a landlord in the past I feel for this landlord. I want to change from landlord to kids at jenny Lind Elem.
There is only one way in or out of JLE. You must go by the fence with LF name on it. (see pic)
51814fae3ddf8.preview-300.jpg

It is still there. All of the kids see this. How long do these kids need to be slapped in the face about this slaughtered little angle?
Today is a special "Fun" day at JLE but first thing kids see coming to school is a huge (figurtive and litteraly) reminder. For crying out loud that is so wrong.

I hope what I did to get pic in here worked.

is this new? i can't catch up with you guys. snipped/bbm...what the heck does that last paragraph indicate??? :

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130530/A_NEWS/305300331/-1/A_NEWS02

The court session was short, in part, because defense attorneys did not take several steps they had considered, either to ask that the case simply be dismissed because the boy is so young or to ask for some less-restrictive form of detention that would allow him more contact with his family.

The boy is being held in the El Dorado County Juvenile Hall in Placerville. Calaveras County does not have a juvenile lockup and contracts with other counties to provide beds to minors.

After the court hearing, the boy's attorneys said they did not ask to change his detention because there really isn't any suitable home for him to go to.

"The family's living environment has been so unstable since this happened," attorney Steven Plesser said.

"They were about to move," attorney Mark Reichel said of the Fowler family's situation at the time Leila was stabbed.

Because of that instability, attorneys said they don't have any proposal they can make right now for a less-restrictive way to keep the boy in detention.

The boy's attorneys suggested there may be problems with the boy's situation at the juvenile hall. Plesser declined to give details, saying the matter could be the subject of litigation in the future.

Yeah, that's new. What in the world are the lawyers talking about? The only possibility I can think of is abuse but I would think that would be something they would be yelling about at the moment not waiting for the future to make it a big deal.

Also...what's up with the lawyers saying they did not ask to change his detention because there isn't a suitable home for him to go home to? Not that I think he should be released...but what is so bad about where his family is living now that he couldn't go home to it? Like for the lawyers to say that their 12-year-old client is better off in a cell than with his own family is really odd to me. It's not like they are arguing IF is a dangerous to everyone...They are basically saying the Fowler home is unstable.

Unless the parents don't want IF home...or they know if he were to come home...there would be huge issues in the house over it?

So there are problems with IF's living situation at the juvenile hall...significant enough to bring a lawsuit in the future...yet not as bad as what IF would face if he were to go home?

IMO what judge would allow that 12 year old to go home knowing their are other young children around?

None!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

good questions eileen. here's what i took from the article:

1) about to move = were being evicted. if you have plans to move 6 kids, you'd have a place set up in which to move...kwim? they obviously don't. "unsettled" means they're couch-hopping. whether or not a horrible crime occured in your old home, the new home would be where you landed regardless, at the very least, until the trial was over and you moved far away or stayed in town. IMO there isn't a new home. JMO.

2) lawyers didn't ask for a "less-restrictive form of detention that would allow him more contact with his family". hm. they could've at least asked. does this tell us they don't want him to have more contact with his family? i don't know the answer.

3) yesterday they said his detention was acceptable. today it's not. huh? either these lawyers aren't playing with a full deck or...they're in the world poker tournament, playing their cards very, very well...JMO.

"IF is confined in a single cell in a juvenile facility, goes to the jail’s school and works out at the jail, the attorney said.
"We talk to him often, and he's doing pretty well actually," Reichel said. "It's not ideal, but it's acceptable for now."

http://www.ibtimes.com/12-year-old-...r-isaiah-says-he-didnt-murder-sister-1284483#

IMO what judge would allow that 12 year old to go home knowing their are other young children around?

None!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i totally agree. that's not what i'm questioning; i'm questioning why the lawyers didn't ask if as the article stated that was what they had originally considered. perhaps they knew full well it would be a waste of their breath, or, there's an issue with the boy having contact with his parents...kwim?

Yeah, that's new. What in the world are the lawyers talking about? The only possibility I can think of is abuse but I would think that would be something they would be yelling about at the moment not waiting for the future to make it a big deal.

Also...what's up with the lawyers saying they did not ask to change his detention because there isn't a suitable home for him to go home to? Not that I think he should be released...but what is so bad about where his family is living now that he couldn't go home to it? Like for the lawyers to say that their 12-year-old client is better off in a cell than with his own family is really odd to me. It's not like they are arguing IF is a dangerous to everyone...They are basically saying the Fowler home is unstable.

Unless the parents don't want IF home...or they know if he were to come home...there would be huge issues in the house over it?

So there are problems with IF's living situation at the juvenile hall...significant enough to bring a lawsuit in the future...yet not as bad as what IF would face if he were to go home?

BBM: That seems like a pretty bad statement for them to make without further elaboration. Then they try and turn things around and deflect blame onto juvenile hall? What they said just opens up speculation for the suitability of the other children in the home. This sounds like typical lawyer behavior, when they have nothing else to work with. They, IMO are grasping at straws. Instead of asking the Judge to release IF and have the Judge state the reason why he won't be released they just avoided the whole situation altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13