CA CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you try to explain what it would matter if she was gone longer?

I see it as bad planning or a bad cover up if she had been gone awhile. KH reported her missing and it seemed like a rushed trip to take his RV to another state. Sure didn't make him look less involved! A big grow site was left with product there to be discovered and confiscated. Are other people missing perhaps? It doesn't seem like she was gone longer and someone took that time to accomplish a better cover up.

I just don't see what it would matter if she was gone longer unless it ties in to some property tran$fer or financial motive.

Are you assuming she had no social life where friends, farm hands, or staff members weren't in touch with her on a regular basis? It was perhaps secluded property, but some of it was used for business. There's Airbnb reviews from people that stayed there, and some mention Dia... so people did come and go on some of the property.

Maybe she had security staff, someone she trusted to guard or oversee. Those renters on the grow site must have had ways to guard their product. It's seems reasonable that LE would find out fast if no one had seen her in weeks. But I really want to know what your theory is on why it would matter if she had been gone longer and to what advantage ...please help me understand.
I'm only saying that looking for someone who just disappeared hours ago vs someone who was carefully gotten rid of would throw the investigation a bit. As I said..he could have even thrown up some facebook responses on her account to make people think she was still around at that time or even done the same with her texts...he had her phone too. Easy to do. Thinking in terms of how much time he had to hide a body or ??? changes when you look at it as crime that might have happened days ago as apposed to hours ago. I would not rule it out...unless they have way more evidence to the contrary and they may......

If he was ex law enforcement of any kind he knows the electronic trail will be the first thing they do. Having her phone and Facebook account password would give him a golden opportunity to throw them off a bit...
If the investigators arrive a short time after someone disappears they know there are only so many options in that time frame...If that person was done away with a day or days prior then it's a lot of bases to cover.
I could be totally wrong...this may have nothing to do with anything...it's just ONE possibility.
And for those who have never been there...that gate would be hard to see from back where he was. There is a narrow view there. If I go back up to Idyllwild I'll post a picture of what you see from the gate.

Last edited:
... But then, when you go to the Garner Valley Mountain Retreat’s reviews, the reviewer Adrian says he’s the first to book the place (he writes this 5/2020) and thanks Dia by name personally for her helpfulness and hospitality during his stay, and said Dia took them out to the farm to see the animals. BUT, then “Diana” responds to his post almost sounding like SHE was the one Adrian dealt with. “I was so honored to have Adrian choose my ranch...” Dia is not Diana...is she? The photo on the Airbnb page of “Diana” does not look like Dia, to me...

You found it. Relief. My eyes tend to skim over things sometimes, but I knew it was there. Thanks, I appreciate your taking time to read my post because it took me effort to put it together. Now we see that in August 2020 it's "Harper and Diana" the guests mention.

Actually, I think the two Diana's might be the same. (similar looks) The news article used to have a direct link to Diana's fb with Dia's poster on it. MOO, I believe the Diana in the article was who KH called to put together a search. She may have been the one who reported Dia missing because she worked closely with Dia as Diana the Host.
Friends and family of missing woman remain hopeful | Valley News
Dia's Properties Listings from Diana

Not singling him out, but as I said before, I'm jaded following so many cases on here and don't trust easily... so...

The story of how Dia went missing including that day has come solely from K. Harper. MOO, take it with a grain of salt what he says about the horses and if he ever worked for LE in any capacity, and even if that wedding was still on. I'm trusting LE though to check out everything.

I'm only saying that looking for someone who just disappeared hours ago vs someone who was carefully gotten rid of would throw the investigation a bit.
I appreciate you trying to give me your ideas. Sure, someone close to her could have disappeared her months ago and done tricky things with her phone. What was their motive-- money, jealousy, rage? To hide the timing of the murder, it would require that murderer having cooperation or maybe a partner to act like Dia was still around when she wasn't. I still don't see why then the last person to see her would choose to go on a trip before LE got there. If they had so much time beforehand to hide a body, then why leave any evidence or doubt for LE to pounce on. Believe me, LE usually is aware of every dumb criminal's attempt to hide or fool them. JMO though.

Thanks for that video of her Bonita Vista Ranch. I guess I didn’t realize how vast her property is. Looks like an amazing place. But, gee, so secluded where likely there are no neighbors close by enough to know what could have happened to Dia.

Yes, I’m confused by “Diana” or “Dianas”. How many are there?

Early news articles of Dia mention a Diana Souza, who I think must be a friend of hers, who, according to the news began posting on Facebook anout Dia’s disappearance.

Then, there is a Diana who is the Airbnb host of Dia’s properties. No last name that I have seen.

But then, when you go to the Garner Valley Mountain Retreat’s reviews, the reviewer Adrian says he’s the first to book the place (he writes this 5/2020) and thanks Dia by name personally for her helpfulness and hospitality during his stay, and said Dia took them out to the farm to see the animals. BUT, then “Diana” responds to his post almost sounding like SHE was the one Adrian dealt with. “I was so honored to have Adrian choose my ranch...” Dia is not Diana...is she? The photo on the Airbnb page of “Diana” does not look like Dia, to me.

Maybe it’s just my ignorance because I don’t know how Airbnb works, never having stayed anywhere through a property this way.
Vacation Rentals, Homes, Experiences & Places - Airbnb

Lydia "Dia" Abrams, missing
Diana Souza, neighbor/friend
Diana Fedder, AirBnB poster/now managing the ranch with KH

That's how I did it, anyway. If Dia's horses were for pleasure riding, her routine would look like that. IMO

Looking at that property I'd bet money on her driving often to those horses. At the 1:00 minute mark on the Bonita Vista Ranch video it shows a Lighted Horse Arena, and says three barns and three stalls. Does that mean room for three horses or nine horses?

A stall usually holds one horse. A barn might have any number of stalls. Three barns is a lot of horses, potentially. A lighted arena means night riding, a nice plus. It sounds like Dia had a nice setup.

Diana Fedder is a pretty girl. Busy!
From your link:

snip>>>

DIANA FEDDER
Our own GVPOA Board Secretary is one busy lady! Following her love for the country, outdoor life, and man’s best friends, Diana moved to Garner Valley three years ago from Temecula, encouraged by friends in Garner Valley. Diana is enjoying an early retirement as a U.S. Secret Service Special Agent who worked in financial crimes including the protection of world leaders and the President. She experienced the loss of her husband, a Marine Master-Sergeant, Explosive Ordinance Disposal, killed in Afghanistan. Jumping into a plethora of civic activities here in Garner Valley, in addition to being elected to our Board Of Directors, Diana is probably best known for her initiation of the popular local “Nextdoor Digest,” which she presently monitors and edits. She is active as Chief Financial Officer of Paying It Forward, which helps Veterans with V.A. Claims, volunteers with Retrievers & Friends with primary responsibility of Home interviews for pet placements, started our GV Neighborhood Watch program, initiated the GV Youth Group, organizing local activities such as movie night, camping, etc. so local youth do not have to leave the mountain. She is also an active Officer of American Legion Riders, riding her own motorcycle! She recently started a riding group for Garner Valley, the GV Iron Horse Riders...

<<<snip

I appreciate you trying to give me your ideas. Sure, someone close to her could have disappeared her months ago and done tricky things with her phone. What was their motive-- money, jealousy, rage? To hide the timing of the murder, it would require that murderer having cooperation or maybe a partner to act like Dia was still around when she wasn't. I still don't see why then the last person to see her would choose to go on a trip before LE got there. If they had so much time beforehand to hide a body, then why leave any evidence or doubt for LE to pounce on. Believe me, LE usually is aware of every dumb criminal's attempt to hide or fool them. JMO though.
Good Questions but not knowing more than we do anything is possible. I just feel he did not announce to the world that she was missing until he was comfortable with how and what evidence would/could be found. It would be very easy for him to post on her social media as her to convince us that she was alive on that day.
Another thing that sort of sounded out of place is how he interjected the water heater guy into the conversation. I don't remember him being asked but he made a point of talking about him and letting the world know someone else saw her that day. I also don't see why he would move the body after he called LE. Would you? That trip to NM is very strange though to say the least. I would think that if he needed to move the motor home that it could wait given his current circumstances.

Last edited:
It would be very easy for him to post on her social media as her to convince us that she was alive on that day.
It's as though he didn't exist. No couple pictures and no wedding announcement. He has woven this great love affair, and she didn't even mention him on fb.
Dia Abrams
... I also don't see why he would move the body after he called LE. Would you? That trip to NM is very strange though to say the least. I would think that if he needed to move the motor home that it could wait given his current circumstances.
Not sure he ever was the one who actually called LE to report her missing. It might have been the Diana S. the neighbor, or the Diana F. the Listings Host.

You do have a point there, stuntpuppy. MOO, and my preference would be get rid of body then deal with LE. He said they were going on the trip together the next day. He could have gone on the trip and acted like Dia came with him. (but if it wasn't planned, and he lost his temper... decisions made in haste don't always make sense.) He seemed to leave the RV in NM like he wanted to ditch that vehicle. He must have drove another car back. Wonder if the weed grow site fits in anywhere.

Plus, we must keep in mind, there's always the possibility we're all looking at the wrong person.

Trying to get my head around the scenario here, thinking out loud.
A patriotic all American woman, highly trained, ex Secret Service person doing the Air BnB gig prior and after Dia's disappearance, a stand up person at best here...

I wonder why the continued involvement, a person may feel caught up in things here.

While being coupled with a registered sex offender, hosting Air BnB properties (per reviews), and next to a grow location with over a half a million bucks of product left behind, with offspring that do not particularly appear to care for their mother....WOW, that's explosive!

If KH is not the heir of the property and is getting paid as in "Hired Hand", why would anyone want to stick around in that situation.... seriously.
Plus who is paying the guy if that's the case...

I don't know if I could stay on a vacation property with such a background and feel safe.
Kind of makes you wonder what kind of environments are available around the world as far as vacation stays are concerned...

Trying to get my head around the scenario here, thinking out loud.
A patriotic all American woman, highly trained, ex Secret Service person doing the Air BnB gig prior and after Dia's disappearance, a stand up person at best here...

I wonder why the continued involvement, a person may feel caught up in things here.

While being coupled with a registered sex offender, hosting Air BnB properties (per reviews), and next to a grow location with over a half a million bucks of product left behind, with offspring that do not particularly appear to care for their mother....WOW, that's explosive!

If KH is not the heir of the property and is getting paid as in "Hired Hand", why would anyone want to stick around in that situation.... seriously.
Plus who is paying the guy if that's the case...

I don't know if I could stay on a vacation property with such a background and feel safe.
Kind of makes you wonder what kind of environments are available around the world as far as vacation stays are concerned...
Yes it does make you wonder! Yikes.

I have to say that the ex-Secret Service, widow of a war hero stepping up in a crisis doesn't surprise me; stepping up by helping KH run Dia's business as usual, does.

Great post. I wonder if we have the right DF?
I have so many questions.

Trying to get my head around the scenario here, thinking out loud...
Excellent post revealing this twisted situation. You managed to do it without mentioning any actual names that would get this thread closed.

It's as though he didn't exist. No couple pictures and no wedding announcement. He has woven this great love affair, and she didn't even mention him on fb.
Dia Abrams

Not sure he ever was the one who actually called LE to report her missing. It might have been the Diana S. the neighbor, or the Diana F. the Listings Host.

You do have a point there, stuntpuppy. MOO, and my preference would be get rid of body then deal with LE. He said they were going on the trip together the next day. He could have gone on the trip and acted like Dia came with him. (but if it wasn't planned, and he lost his temper... decisions made in haste don't always make sense.) He seemed to leave the RV in NM like he wanted to ditch that vehicle. He must have drove another car back. Wonder if the weed grow site fits in anywhere.

Plus, we must keep in mind, there's always the possibility we're all looking at the wrong person.
The Weed is something to keep in mind. A lot of money there for someone. Good point on the non existence of him in her social media...I know some people just don't go there but she did keep and active page and seemed to be talkative about things. Yet no mention of love or marriage coming up....could be choice but something to consider.
We must never rule out the possibility of someone else and also that she might be hiding from someone. A deal gone bad...drug busts...who knows. A very interesting story here...I always keep a good outcome on my mind. I wonder if she could be kidnapped by a cartel..it's kind of the only thing missing in this story. I know that's reaching but what if she either ran or was kidnapped over money or threatening to turn in the drug growers on her property. So many angles that could be true. I just look at his body language and listen to his tone. He just seems like a man that knows more than he lets on. He seems to have no panic or real outward concern. Like he knows where she is...alive or dead. I think about how I would feel and react if the love of my life just disappeared into thin air as he claims. Answer: NOT LIKE HIM

Last edited:
Now there's a name to the face. As I said, I did find reviews mentioning the Host "Diana" taking care of the properties. There's a pic of her.

Dia's Properties-- Listings from Diana

I found this review from August 2020 from one of the guests:
Vacation Rentals, Homes, Experiences & Places - Airbnb
snipped... "The cabin is great for cooking, entertaining and relaxing. There’s also workout equipment so you can keep up with your fitness. Harper and Diana are very accommodating, we got a complete tour of all the property..."

It's just so creepy that life went on without Dia there. How many guests are flocking to Airbnb's in the middle of our heat wave and all the smoke & fires going on? How much money could these employees make? How did they miss that grow site over yonder and turn a blind eye? This case is packed with intrigue.

No way would I ever want to stay on a beautiful, secluded property with a grow site a mile or so away where there could be an ambush and shootings. Nor would I ever imagine the nice older farm hand is a RSO. This has been an eye opener when considering Airbnb's, but not the first case I followed. Remember this one where the killer rented out rooms? Police: Missing University of Utah student Mackenzie Lueck is dead; man charged with murder

It would be a wonderful surprise if Dia was found safe, but I think they have deemed this a Homicide. Will they find her and when and WHERE?

So, in the meantime are the two going to keep the place running? Will KH do anymore interviews, but no one else will speak up? I'm guessing everyone else has done their interviews with LE. Don't doubt it, LE knows a lot more than we can probably imagine.

Last edited:
Posted by tvscum on 9/3/2020

I went search back to this post from jash because I realized KH never used her name when he said "I Loved That Woman". In other cases I've followed that's a red flag to not use the child's or victim's name when the perp speaks of them. It's a way of distancing themselves and it's past tense. BBM
I just got around to watching the video (multiple times). What struck me...

Q: Did [Dia] seem depressed, despondent? What was her mood like?
KH: Not really. She was, ah, I mean we fed the horses which are 7 miles down, earlier. We had a guy work on a water heater down there. She was of good spirits at that moment. [But later?]

Q: Who was on the ranch at the time she disappeared?
KH: Just me.

Q: What was the last thing you said to her? How did it go?
KH: Oh we ended lunch. We were going to Durango, Colorado on the following day. She said, she had made a statement, she said "I would like to talk with you" and I said "Well we have the meadow to do" and I said "I'll be 'til dark getting the meadow done" and I said "Can we talk once I finish that?" I will not ever see her [almost sounds like he started to say "you"] again, at that point.

Q: How can you prove that [you had nothing to do with Dia's disappearance]?
KH: I can prove it because I loved the woman. We were going to get married. There was everything positive about our relationship. We didn't have almost any difficulties, whatsoever. I have no reason to bring harm to her. I loved that woman.

Other things I learned:
- Dia would keep her 22 caliber pistol in a zippered pocket in her jacket, as opposed to KH who wears his openly.
- He thinks she would have been able to defend herself if she were attacked.
- He said it would be unlikely for Dia to have gone for a hike without telling him.

Thanks jash!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member