CA CA - Lydia "Dia" Abrams, 65, Idyllwild, 6 Jun 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Curious Me How's your family doing?
Thank You for asking. My son said he was recovering and able to go back to work this week. I have been worried, and hope he takes it easy. He says he had mild Covid symptoms, but still can't smell or taste, and says he hasn't had much appetite. I wish he'd stay home longer.

Keith Harper, Dia's fiancé, did another interview that was on News8, I'm excited to post it here, but for now I'll share what I heard in my own words. There's a $10,000 reward now. He said he'd have no reason to harm her, he loved that woman, and they got along fine as a couple.

He shared lots of new info including a court battle between Dia and her children.

He said he had lunch with her and last saw her at 2:30. He was still on the property and went to mow the lawns on the property. He got back at 7:30 p.m. and she was gone. I didn't know this, but he left for a trip to Arizona while investigators were searching the ranch for those days.

You have to hear it all for yourself. The news video isn't available yet, but I'll try to post it later.

San Diego Local News | San Diego's source for Local News, Sports, Weather | cbs8.com

Last edited:
Wow! Can’t wait to see this!

August 25, 2020
Here is the most recent interview done by Dia's fiancé with David Gotfredson (Investigative Producer) who has been doing a wonderful job keeping us informed. The interview reveals some of the details of the day she went missing. Oops, I need to correct that Keith went to Colorado in his RV for business not Arizona. (at 1:15 minute mark) Not sure but it sounds like Deputies didn't arrive to search the ranch until Monday and searched for three days.

At the 1:40 minute mark is what I call important news. Probate Court Battle with her children to Invalidate her Prenuptial Agreement with their father. Whoa, I didn't even guess at that angle. Millions are at stake.

Dia's daughter texted a reply to the reporter at the 3:35 mark. Geez, all I can say is maybe they weren't a very close family.

Woman missing near Idyllwild was in court battle over multi-million dollar estate | cbs8.com

Maybe that person caught up with her and knocked her unconscious, put her in their vehicle (assuming it was parked outside the Ranch), and drove away.
BBM

Keith the fiance said in this latest interview that he was the only other person on the ranch at the time Dia must have left. He was mowing the lawns of the meadow right there on the ranch property about 100 yards down. It's like you said, somebody could have showed up and very quickly knocked her unconscious.

MOO, I don't think the fiancé would benefit from her disappearance as much as some others.

Woman missing near Idyllwild was in court battle over multi-million dollar estate | cbs8.com

Keith Harper, Dia's fiancé, did another interview that was on News8, I'm excited to post it here, but for now I'll share what I heard in my own words. There's a $10,000 reward now. He said he'd have no reason to harm her, he loved that woman, and they got along fine as a couple.

He shared lots of new info including a court battle between Dia and her children.

He said he had lunch with her and last saw her at 2:30. He was still on the property and went to mow the lawns on the property. He got back at 7:30 p.m. and she was gone. I didn't know this, but he left for a trip to Arizona while investigators were searching the ranch for those days.

You have to hear it all for yourself. The news video isn't available yet, but I'll try to post it later.

San Diego Local News | San Diego's source for Local News, Sports, Weather | cbs8.com
Thanks for this!

Well shizzle @Curious Me - no access here in Europe for all those articles.... :(

Wish I could get the video posted here, but maybe someone here can. Here's some of the important details:

"For the past year, Abrams has been battling in San Diego probate court with her adult children, Clinton and Crisara Abrams, who were named trustees of the Clem Abrams estate."

"Court filings show Abrams was seeking to invalidate her prenuptial agreement she signed with her husband in 1984. She also was seeking more than $6.7 million dollars in assets from the estate to fund a marital trust."

"Through their attorneys, Clinton and Crisara Abrams filed an opposition to their mother’s probate petition. The attorneys declined to comment for this report."

"Abrams’ fiancé said he was keenly aware of the ongoing probate battle, as it weighed heavily on Abrams."

“I just think it's a sad thing that you have to challenge your own children for the right to live,” Harper said. “Financially, she needed that support. She had had it from her husband for years and they withdrew that support from her.”

"Harper said he believes the ongoing court battle could be related to Abrams’ disappearance."

“Probably, without a question,” he said."

"In Riverside County, a separate property filing is raising more eyebrows."

"Two weeks before Abrams went missing, she transferred ownership of her Bonita Vista Ranch, as well as two other properties in the same area, into a trust entitled the Dia Kenshalo Abrams Trust."

This part puzzles me, as I'm not sure what it means. Was she going to form a trust with new hubbie? "She also was seeking more than $6.7 million dollars in assets from the estate to fund a marital trust."

^^^ The links in blue "Court filings" from the news article will take you to the legal filings. Just want to give a thank you to David Gotfredson, the Investigative Producer for being so thorough in his reporting.

This part puzzles me, as I'm not sure what it means. Was she going to form a trust with new hubbie? "She also was seeking more than $6.7 million dollars in assets from the estate to fund a marital trust."

The marital trust is a part of Clem's estate (there is a Family Trust and a Marital Trust). It was created by Clem for Dia, and the funding of it depends upon estate taxation which changed significantly since the trust was written and then amended in 2015.
Read pages 5-6 of the following:
https://interactive.cbs8.com/pdf/37...ffairs_of_Trust_Probate_Cod_1598083999615.pdf

"Abrams’ fiancé said he was keenly aware of the ongoing probate battle, as it weighed heavily on Abrams."
“I just think it's a sad thing that you have to challenge your own children for the right to live,” Harper said. “Financially, she needed that support. She had had it from her husband for years and they withdrew that support from her.”
I didn't hear this in the video. Was it edited maybe after you saw it (or did I just miss it)? I heard the rest of it.

Carrying this over from the other thread...

Here’s the latest investigative report by CBS8, thank you to Dia’s wonderful friend for pushing this to be investigated further!!

Does this mean there is a missing gun?

When he returned from his work around 7:30 that evening, Harper said Abrams was gone. She had left her cell phone, purse and Ford truck behind.

Harper said he assumed Abrams went for a hike. And, if she did go out walking, Harper said she would have been carrying a 22-caliber pistol.

“We had an incident out here where she killed five rattlers. So yeah, you carry a pistol when you hike out here,” he said.

Carrying this over from the other thread...

Does this mean there is a missing gun?

When he returned from his work around 7:30 that evening, Harper said Abrams was gone. She had left her cell phone, purse and Ford truck behind.

Harper said he assumed Abrams went for a hike. And, if she did go out walking, Harper said she would have been carrying a 22-caliber pistol.

“We had an incident out here where she killed five rattlers. So yeah, you carry a pistol when you hike out here,” he said.
No I think it means she didn't go for a hike/walk.

The marital trust is a part of Clem's estate (there is a Family Trust and a Marital Trust)... snipped to reply

Yes, I got a chance to read the whole latest Probate Court filing and now understand it fully. It definitely seemed reasonable that Dia should receive what she requested. Married to the man 35 yrs. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but... This puts a disturbing slant on the fact that Dia is missing and whether it was that important to those involved in the court case. The fact is Dia is still missing. Is all this a coincidence?

MOO and thoughts

Well shizzle @Curious Me - no access here in Europe for all those articles.... :(
Wish I could get the video posted here, but maybe someone here can.
Thank You for posting a link to the latest video. I don't know if @Niner can access it over in Europe unless it's embedded to watch right from this page.

Also important to check out the Court filing link in the article.
https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/l...ate-dia-abrams-reward/509-fbfbebbd-4367-4ad8-

"Court filings show Abrams was seeking to invalidate her prenuptial agreement she signed with her husband in 1984. She also was seeking more than $6.7 million dollars in assets from the estate to fund a marital trust."

Last edited:
Some of the defaulted San Diego property taxes from Clem's estate have been paid (I posted about these taxes early on). So I guess Dia's children are now trying to get things moving on their end.

From Dia's petition:
"Upon his death, Clem nominated his two children to act as the executors of his Estate and Trustees of his Trust. Petitioner’s understanding is that Clem’s large and complex estate has been difficult to administer and, owing to its size and complexity, the Trustees have not completed their inventory and administration. As a result, many of the expenses and financial responsibilities that were assumed by Clem during his lifetime have remained unpaid since his death."

San Diego County Property Tax Info
Search by mailing address using 8015 La Jolla Scenic and zip code 92037
County of San Diego Treasurer - Tax Collector

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads