CA CA - Lynn Connes, 20, Berkeley, 20 May 1976

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
i've been thinking about this a lot and i think maybe lynn is not the girl from berkeley.

the names on his victims list are all chronological. have a look (sorry for the terrible text annotations but i am only on my cell).

Attachments

• PSX_20200118_184939.jpg
    PSX_20200118_184939.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 28
That's an excellent point.

Healdsburg is about an hour North of Berkeley. Could Lynn possibly have been taken & killed?

i've been thinking about this a lot and i think maybe lynn is not the girl from berkeley.

the names on his victims list are all chronological. have a look (sorry for the terrible text annotations but i am only on my cell).
this is an excellent contribution, is it possible he listed some of the murders out of order? If I recall correctly, Naso wrote this diary when memories came back to him, not in the moment.
In terms of geography, I believed it would have made more sense if The Girl from Berkeley was killed while Naso was studying in SanFran in the 70s.

Hmmm....it seems Naso had a weird obsession with double initials.

Ly(nn) Co(nn)es

I wonder if Lynn used her full name in her ad?
One of the things I've wanted to do is try and find the ad that Lynn originally placed. I scoured California Digital Newspaper Collection to see if it was digitized but so far, nothing. Does anyone have a favorite newspaper database? :)

Ok. I found an article in the linked thread that mentions the list of 10 as locations where Naso dumped the bodies, and not necessarily where they were killed. Any UIDs that could be Lynn in these locations?

Ok. I found an article in the linked thread that mentions the list of 10 as locations where Naso dumped the bodies, and not necessarily where they were killed. Any UIDs that could be Lynn in these locations?
I've searched through NamUs as well as the LA Coroner's website (I don't think Alameda County has its own website?) and haven't found anyone matching the description of Lynn.

Hmmm...

For comparison. Cropped, because his photos...just...yuck. I'm wondering if the photo of Lynn is a senior yearbook, and a few years old?

View attachment 226740 View attachment 226741 View attachment 226742
I wonder if anyone has ever done a historical analysis on the clothes in Naso's photos? For example, The Girl in Yellow isn't wearing a garter belt, which could indicate a time period of 1960's or later, while the Girl in Red/Pink is wearing a garter belt - her photos could have be taken during the 50s.

It really looks like a yearbook photo to me.

It does, and I'm having a hard time comparing Lynn to UIDs, or photos in various creepy collections because this photo of her and the b&w one look so very different.

Her nose and everything about her facial structure looks different to me in the black and white photo, but I suspect it is the more recent of the two. Frustrating!

It does, and I'm having a hard time comparing Lynn to UIDs, or photos in various creepy collections because this photo of her and the b&w one look so very different.

Her nose and everything about her facial structure looks different to me in the black and white photo, but I suspect it is the more recent of the two. Frustrating!
Yes, frustrating! The lighting and angles differ so much. Probably the b&w is the more recent since it is the first one used in her missing info.

One of the things I've wanted to do is try and find the ad that Lynn originally placed. I scoured California Digital Newspaper Collection to see if it was digitized but so far, nothing. Does anyone have a favorite newspaper database? :)
Has anyone ever heard of the Berkeley Barb? I hate to think of Lynne posting an ad there; but I think it would be the kind of paper that Naso would read, looking for models.

I don't know how to link but information about the Berkeley Barb can be found on Wikipedia and also on berkeleybarb.net. On the latter website, they have digitalized info. I'm going to look through it. My data has been slowed so it may take a while.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Merythe
Back