Found Deceased CA - Madyson Middleton, 8, Santa Cruz, 26 July 2015 - #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
bilde

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/ge...s-door-to-door-for-santa-cruz-8-year-old-girl

I went back through some pics from the first part of the thread, because I knew I had seen the Mom standing in front of those mailboxes.

Is that the red door/shed they are talking about where she was found?

I know the reports say a teenager was arrested. I assume they have a reason for that.

This can't just be she crawled in there waiting for her friend...door got shut, she overheated and died, right?

Not that the outcome would change. It would have different complexities as to why wasn't she found, etc. But I don't want this to be criminal. I just don't.

Yes... that is the shed by mailbox. oh God

[snip]
Not that the outcome would change. It would have different complexities as to why wasn't she found, etc. But I don't want this to be criminal. I just don't.

Me either, but I also don't want her to have been in that shed the entire time. So close! How could they have missed it? What if she were in there and still alive?

I hate seeing "Found Deceased" added to the thread title. :(

I subscribed to this thread earlier today but didn't get a chance to start reading it until a little while ago. When I went from page 7 to 8, I saw the title change. Horrible feeling. :( I feel so sad.

SANTA CRUZ, Calif. —8:30 p.m. Update: A police officer who declined to be named told KSBW reporter Phil Gomez that the missing Santa Cruz girl, 8-year-old Madyson "Maddy" Middleton, has been found dead. A teenage boy was arrested by police officers.

Madyson was last seen riding her white Razor sooter at 4:12 p.m. Sunday at the Tannery Art Center on River Street near where she lived.

Officers arrested the boy at the art center.

http://www.ksbw.com/news/police-search-for-missing-child-in-santa-cruz/34370318

I am so sorry and so sad. I see the shed u are referencing. Easy enough for scooter to go right in upon friendly invite from neighborhood boy. OR...child or person saw them together and reported it. To heaven little one....
bilde

I went back through some pics from the first part of the thread, because I knew I had seen the Mom standing in front of those mailboxes.

I know the reports say a teenager was arrested. I assume they have a reason for that.

This can't just be she crawled in there waiting for her friend...door got shut, she overheated and died, right?

If the shed is nearby the mailboxes and the surveillance video shows her riding her bike by the mailboxes, I wonder what it shows of the teen who was arrested. He must be on there, right? I wonder how she was missed in there if they reviewed the footage on the camera? ETA: I don't understand how they wouldn't have looked in the areas right by where she was last seen at the start of the search. A shed would be a pretty legitimate place to look... could she have been moved there later on?

Was thinking the same. How was she not found when "every nook and cranny" was being searched? You would think they would start from the last known location and work their way out. She may have still been alive when initially reported missing. So sad.

That last image of her on CCTV, I find haunting..carefree on her scooter. This news is heartbreaking on so many levels.

I wonder if she was not in the shed during early searches, but moved there after it had been searched. :-(

M brown and others....can scent search dogs also smell and follow the scent of the perp in the shed? Is that possible to follow a scent out of shed to apt or wherever boy was located? Just wondering. So so sad. Rip little angel.

I wonder if she was not in the shed during early searches, but moved there after it had been searched. :-(

I would imagine that would be a VERY DIFFICULT task to carry out. HUGE police presence there for the last 24 hours. And news media everywhere, too.

That just doesn't sound plausible to me. Simply based on that specific location.

Looks exactly like the one on TV that I was referring to in my post, unless the complex is super huge and has more than one mailbox area and shed with a red door. Great memory on your part!

That's chilling. Poor sweet Maddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My gut feeling on this case is that she was lured by someone familiar to her and did not venture far. The area is busy and if a stranger snatched her up, someone would have heard or seen something. I fear she's hidden somewhere on the Tannery.

Looks like your gut feeling was correct.

I would imagine that would be a VERY DIFFICULT task to carry out. HUGE police presence there for the last 24 hours. And news media everywhere, too.

That just doesn't sound plausible to me. Simply based on that specific location.

Well that shed looks big..Maybe it has a door from the back that the 14 year old entered through and therefore no one saw.

The dogs tracked her to the beach. That's a long track to be wrong. It doesn't make any sense to bring her back though. I guess dogs can be wrong.

bilde

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/ge...s-door-to-door-for-santa-cruz-8-year-old-girl

Just curious, what is the weather like there? It's hot hot hot here in the Midwest, so seeing M's mom in that hoody, vest, and hat seems crazy!

Oh God, I really hope that wasn't the shed. I mean, obviously that doesn't change the outcome. But something about the mother standing right there. It makes me sick to my stomach.

Just horrible. [emoji26][emoji26]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Everyone tries to keep their kids safe. To use this as a platform to assign blame or justify helicopter parenting is tacky

Oh God, I really hope that wasn't the shed. I mean, obviously that doesn't change the outcome. But something about the mother standing right there. It makes me sick to my stomach.

If it is, and Maddy was literally right behind her mother at the moment this picture was taken....omg, I just hope that she never sees this pic. Never.

Possibly but with all the searchers in and around the area I would think that someone would have seen him. I guess as the investigation continues we may find out if that's where the crime took place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Metcalflovestruecrime