Found Deceased CA - Madyson Middleton, 8, Santa Cruz, 26 July 2015 - #1 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious, what is the weather like there? It's hot hot hot here in the Midwest, so seeing M's mom in that hoody, vest, and hat seems crazy!

It is typical northern California coastal, can be hot during day but cool and foggy at night and morning.

If it is, and Maddy was literally right behind her mother at the moment this picture was taken....omg, I just hope that she never sees this pic. Never.

In one of the reports it said it was a storage shed in a wooded area behind the red apartment building so I don't think that's it although it couldn't have been too far.

Just curious, what is the weather like there? It's hot hot hot here in the Midwest, so seeing M's mom in that hoody, vest, and hat seems crazy!

Yes, it is!! Here in Missouri they are forecasting "feels like" temps to 115 tomorrow!! (that "feels like" thing just doesn't make sense to me, being a California girl and all. We don't have humidity. So if it's 105 out, it's 105 out! LOL!! I have learned what humidity means though. For better or worse!)

Santa Cruz being on the beach though...it's much more temperate. 80's during the day, 50's at night. She seems a bit too bundled for that weather though!! Ocean breezes can be chilly...but too many clothes for me! Even at our beach house, shorts were a year round thing.

It gets cold here at times such as morning and evening when the fog rolls in. We have amazing micro climates here in Santa Cruz and the hot valleys pull in the fog off the ocean as a natural air cooling event. Unless like the next few days we have a high pressure system moving in and we under a heat advisory. It gets nice and warm during the day unless heavy fog but the dampness can really chill you.

Don't know what it was earlier, but right now it's 61, tomorrow 79.

The dogs tracked her to the beach. That's a long track to be wrong. It doesn't make any sense to bring her back though. I guess dogs can be wrong.

They could have been tracking an old scent maybe? Or the wrong scent altogether, or maybe her scooter was taken that way? IDK. I don't think she went that way at all yesterday though. Jmo.

Don't know what it was earlier, but right now it's 61, tomorrow 79.
Santa Cruz is right out on the Pacific Ocean, so it will get colder there than other areas.

I am looking at Google maps and trying to find exactly where the mother is standing in that photo but I can't seem to figure it out. It definitely doesn't look very wooded though so maybe it isn't those red doors.

I haven't actually seen a photo or video of the supposed shed since she's been found. Anyone have a link?

In one of the reports it said it was a storage shed in a wooded area behind the red apartment building so I don't think that's it although it couldn't have been too far.

That description does sound different than what the picture shows. If that isn't the red doors she was found behind, I will be grateful. For her Mom. And from looking at photos, that red paint is obviously a theme throughout the complex. So to be sure, those are not the only red doors.

Santa Cruz is often overcast. Probably 65-70'.

UPDATE 8:24 P.M. — Police sources say missing girl’s body has been found, possibly in a storage shed.

Law enforcement vehicles swarmed the parking lot of the The Tannery, the apartment complex where the girl was last seen.

At least one person was placed in custody at the scene. A woman was heard screaming at officers and asking why they were arresting her son.

Police have a crime scene set up around the parking lot at The Tannery. KRON 4’s Alecia Reid is on-scene and we’ll have the latest as it becomes available.

http://kron4.com/2015/07/27/santa-cruz-police-searching-for-missing-8-year-old/

It must be so devastating to be worried about a missing little girl in your neighborhood and then have the cops come and arrest your 15 yr old son. My heart goes out to her. :candle:

Yes, it is!! Here in Missouri they are forecasting "feels like" temps to 115 tomorrow!! (that "feels like" thing just doesn't make sense to me, being a California girl and all. We don't have humidity. So if it's 105 out, it's 105 out! LOL!! I have learned what humidity means though. For better or worse!)

Santa Cruz being on the beach though...it's much more temperate. 80's during the day, 50's at night. She seems a bit too bundled for that weather though!! Ocean breezes can be chilly...but too many clothes for me! Even at our beach house, shorts were a year round thing.

Maybe she is like me. When I'm nervous or worried I get so so cold! I'm freezing right now just from reading this thread. It was 75 here today and I wore pants and a hoodie. After two weeks of 90+ temps, 75 felt cold!

That description does sound different than what the picture shows. If that isn't the red doors she was found behind, I will be grateful. For her Mom. And from looking at photos, that red paint is obviously a theme throughout the complex. So to be sure, those are not the only red doors.

There is also this area, which looks similar, building-wise. But it seems to have more plants. Maybe there is more than one area with mailboxes.

Area-where-girl-went-missing-4.jpg

http://www.ksbw.com/news/photos-the-search-for-madyson-middleton/34384718

"Appears there are no outstanding suspects" Chief Vogel
Suspect is 15
Detained for investigation of homicide
Dumpster is located inside structure, garage behind him in an enclosed area

They don't know if she was there the whole time or won't say...
Coroner will determine cause of death
People in complex saw suspect with M, will be interviewing them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members