Found Deceased CA - Madyson Middleton, 8, Santa Cruz, 26 July 2015 - #2 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone remember how far back the video was of him getting the Häagen-Dazs out of the freezer? It's possible he was fantasizing about the "snack" he'd lure with.

I can't help but wonder if AJG himself experienced sexual (or any other type) molestation as a child.

I believe there are studies to that effect, but I do not know if any were conclusive as to the proportion of sex offenders who were victim of sexual abuse.

As one commenter noted, the stats are sort of skewed because a 19 yo romance with a 16 yo can convict one as a SO. So can peeing in public.

I would like to see the SO laws revised so that we, as concerned citizens/parents have a clearer picture of who constitutes a threat to the community and who does not.

JMO.

I believe there are studies to that effect, but I do not know if any were conclusive as to the proportion of sex offenders who were victim of sexual abuse.

As one commenter noted, the stats are sort of skewed because a 19 yo romance with a 16 yo can convict one as a SO. So can peeing in public.

I would like to see the SO laws revised so that we, as concerned citizens/parents have a clearer picture of who constitutes a threat to the community and who does not.

JMO.

I'm not sure how offender registries vary state by state. In my state, they list all the crimes, the ages and gender of the victims, and the age of the perpetrator when they committed each crime. It's not perfect (I agree that the laws need to be revised) but it's at least a bit more useful in who is a real registered threat.

Gitana:

I posted earlier wondering if AJG's nonchalant, yoyo spinning demeanor could play a part in how he will be sentenced.

My feeling was that showing no remorse could affect his sentencing.

What is your opinion on that?

JMO.

I think a lot of that is total BS written by people who like sex offenders.

I'm not sure how offender registries vary state by state. In my state, they list all the crimes, the ages and gender of the victims, and the age of the perpetrator when they committed each crime. It's not perfect (I agree that the laws need to be revised) but it's at least a bit more useful in who is a real registered threat.

Certainly it is!

From the perspective of trying to decide who, statistically, is at risk of re-offending, it is crucial to eliminate those who do not fit the specific "clinical" definition of a sexual offender.

When I read some of these stats, I am always suspicious, because I feel there are those included in the sample that do not fit the criteria.

My state specifies the type of offense on the RSO, but in order to perform a statistical study, you would have to go through each case and manually decide which to inlcude. There is no meta sieve.

Not that any of this applies to AJG, as a juvenile, but the police DID allude to a prior record. Which, at 15, makes my knees buckle.

JMO.

Possibly, but how many offenders (esp. within the family/extended family) go unreported?

Certainly it is!

From the perspective of trying to decide who, statistically, is at risk of re-offending, it is crucial to eliminate those who do not fit the specific "clinical" definition of a sexual offender.

When I read some of these stats, I am always suspect because I feel there are those included in the sample that do not fit the criteria.

My state specifies the type of offense on the RSO, but in order to perform a statistical study, you would have to go through each case and manually decide which to inlcude. There is no meta sieve.

Not that any of this applies to AJG, as a juvenile, but the police DID allude to a prior record. Which, at 15, makes my knees buckle.

I agree.

My state also rates the risk of re-offending as low, moderate, high. I've only noticed this recently and I do wonder how they determine the risk. With that said, obviously the registry does not include juveniles. The thought that he might have a background also scares me!! I hope there are no other victims out there...

Austin Sigg viewed child *advertiser censored* starting at age 12...extensively. He even admits to it having been an addiction since 12. He went to therapy for it, after it was found on his computer. I think it's safe to say that he was sexually attracted to children and had a preference for them.

And yet when he chose his first victim, he chose a woman in her 20's (or maybe 30's?) who was out jogging. He attacked her, tried to put chloroform over her face. She fought back and got away. That's how LE had DNA on file which later was matched to the child he eventually did abduct. He also had a fixation on death & dismemberment and was sexually attracted to that.

The point: there was a lot more going on than speculators thought. And it takes experts to uncover it all. Anyone saying they know what was going on in this kid's head simply doesn't. Not yet.

I think a lot of that is total BS written by people who like sex offenders.

With respect, I dated a young man who was 18 when I was 15, with the blessing of both of our families.

We had sex when I was 16, and it was completely consensual, although legally he could have been arrested and charged as a SO. We were together for 4 years until he was killed in a jet crash. He was a USAF F-16 pilot, just out of USAFA.

Point is, there are shades of gray in the whole SO thing. He was not a deviant, not a pedophile yet, legally, he would have been registered as both.

Like I said, we need to revisit the criteria.

I keep trying to post a reply to a quote, but it keeps disappearing. Testing this post to see if it works without said quote.

And it did....weird.

You just got an "A+" on this test!

:thumb:

This crime is so horrendous that I cannot even consider the grisly details. Suffice to say, there is no punishment on earth fitting for his crime. I personally don't care about the why's and speculation because nothing could adequately explain what happened. I truly believe there are "bad seeds" among us -- no matter what age -- that do not fit into any category. Thank God he is off the streets. Too bad little Maddy paid for it with her life.

BTW, my parents never let a male baby-sit us back in the dark ages, nor allow us to "climb all over" any male relatives or family friends. My stay-at-home mother kept a close watch on us, and drilled into our heads to always be mindful. Mom would have gone nuts if a male teen-ager hung around us when we were young. No one could have seen this one coming so that makes it even more horrific.

RIP dear Maddy, and fly high with the Angels. We will never forget you.

I agree.

My state also rates the risk of re-offending as low, moderate, high. I've only noticed this recently and I do wonder how they determine the risk. With that said, obviously the registry does not include juveniles. The thought that he might have a background also scares me!! I hope there are no other victims out there...

Excellent point.

I believe that even a juvenile record should not be expunged if it concerns any violent crimes such as rape, murder or assault.

However that is driving a tater truck through the SCOTUS.

Youthful offenses are one thing, but crimes of a violent nature are seldom ended when one magically reaches the age of 18.

I just have to say this, even though it is just my opinion, but of course.......

1. If you read that gut-wrenching booking report where he was arrested for sexual assault, murder, tying her up, using an phy sical object for sexual assault, and sexual intercourse, and had a weapon of sorts and and and.....this is nothing to do with *advertiser censored*, or teen urges or no father figure. Remember Philip Chism? Did nearly the same thing and dumped her out like garbage after wheeling her dead body in a garabage can. He also used an 'object' to sexual assault.......This is the mind of a true criminal sociopath. Forget age. Forget gender. Forget race. These are the types of mental illnesses that cannot be cured. These are the type of people that arre incarcerated in prisons for the criminally insane. It was just a matter of when. There are so many people with mental illnesses (including me with depression and anxiety) so mental illness is not all the same. Just like cancer and a cold are not the same even though they are both physical illnesses. This kid is off the chart sociopath, psychopath and every other description that defines the worst of the worst that live among us.

TY for allowing me to vent. That police report/booking is also off the charts. Even the prosecutor said he cannot remember a (person of this age) ever having so many counts being placed against him. Sociopaths...Narracissts....Borderline Personality Disorder and probably a combo of all the above and more.

My heart bleeds for this little girl and her mother.....

And yes, the man with the green shirt throwing up with HIS father.

(I know you guys know most of all this already so apologies if some repeat here).

I am still catching up on the last couple of pages but Count 3 of the charging document caught my attention.

".......against the will of MJM, who was under the age of 14 years, by means of
force, violence, duress, menace and fear of immediate and unlawful bodily
injury on MJM and another person."

Edit: Count 5 lists "another" as well.

Thank you for posting this...

I am confused by the wording, too...(meaning?)

:waitasec:

I just have to say this, even though it is just my opinion, but of course.......

1. If you read that gut-wrenching booking report where he was arrested for sexual assault, murder, tying her up, using an phy sical object for sexual assault, and sexual intercourse, and had a weapon of sorts and and and.....this is nothing to do with *advertiser censored*, or teen urges or no father figure. Remember Philip Chism? Did nearly the same thing and dumped her out like garbage after wheeling her dead body in a garabage can. He also used an 'object' to sexual assault.......This is the mind of a true criminal sociopath. Forget age. Forget gender. Forget race. These are the types of mental illnesses that cannot be cured. These are the type of people that arre incarcerated in prisons for the criminally insane. It was just a matter of when. There are so many people with mental illnesses (including me with depression and anxiety) so mental illness is not all the same. Just like cancer and a cold are not the same even though they are both physical illnesses. This kid is off the chart sociopath, psychopath and every other description that defines the worst of the worst that live among us.

TY for allowing me to vent. That police report/booking is also off the charts. Even the prosecutor said he cannot remember a (person of this age) ever having so many counts being placed against him. Sociopaths...Narracissts....Borderline Personality Disorder and probably a combo of all the above and more.

My heart bleeds for this little girl and her mother.....

And yes, the man with the green shirt throwing up with HIS father.

(I know you guys know most of all this already so apologies if some repeat here).

I agree that much of our discussion is esoterica. But it helps us sort it all out, if you will.

Something really awful has happened here, once again, and we are doing our best to process.

You are right, it is about this little girl and her murderer. We tend to dig deeper and analyze everything. And i am sorry that upset you.

This is just awful. Any way you look at it.

I think 'and' another person is supposed to read "on" another person. (This would be consistent with how the charges were made throughout the booking report)

And one more thought while I am on my soap box. He's not a sexual offender. He's not a pedophile. He's all of these and more! He's a cold blooded killer who murdered, tortured, lured, assaulted, bound, hurt, intimidated, and disposed of a little 8 year old girl. This kid will never see the light of day outside of prison thank God.

I think 'and' another person is supposed to read "on" another person. (This would be consistent with how the charges were made throughout the booking report)

And one more thought while I am on my soap box. He's not a sexual offender. He's not a pedophile. He's all of these and more! He's a cold blooded killer who murdered, tortured, lured, assaulted, bound, hurt, intimidated, and disposed of a little 8 year old girl. This kid will never see the light of day outside of prison thank God.

I'm mad about it too, cause I'm tired of kids being killed

Excellent point.

I believe that even a juvenile record should not be expunged if it concerns any violent crimes such as rape, murder or assault.

However that is driving a tater truck through the SCOTUS.

Youthful offenses are one thing, but crimes of a violent nature are seldom ended when one magically reaches the age of 18.

Good points...

I have been trying to decide the best "legal" way to differentiate past records of juveniles....to use as predictors of future violent crimes...

this is a good start...

JMO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members