Found Deceased CA - Madyson Middleton, 8, Santa Cruz, 26 July 2015 - #2 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Appears that the piano "Mad World" clip was posted to his IG after Maddy's murder:

“Most chilling was a post from Monday, the second day of the search and the day Maddy’s body was found, that showed a short black-and-white clip of hands playing a piano to the tune of Gary Jules’ version of ‘Mad World’ — popularized on the soundtrack of 2001’s ‘Donnie Darko,’ a film signified by the title character’s death dreams,” the newspaper continued.

Underneath the clip was a caption pulled from the song: “The Dreams in which I’m Dying are the Best I’ve ever had.”

The timing of the Instagram clip is ominous. As Gonzalez was posting footage of himself or someone else playing odes to suicide on the piano, hundreds of volunteers were just outside his apartment, desperately searching for signs of Maddy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...her-death-with-ice-cream-according-to-report/

Watching that arraignment video is hard. I have 5 children. Two of them happen to be Maddy and AG's ages, 8 and 15. While, of course, I am disgusted, mad, and shocked at AG's actions, I felt a weird split sense of emotions watching him stand in court. It could have been my precious, blonde curly haired girl, with big blue eyes that he lured, tortured, and robbed of a future. As I tucked her in bed last night and she snuggled into my neck, I shuddered at the thought if something happening to my baby girl.

But....it also could have been my 15 year old standing there. Same nose and little lips I'd kissed since birth...all grown up into a man's sized body but a still immature mind. Fifteen is so.....different. There starts to become a separation between a mother and a child as they prepare for adulthood. You give them some space....take others' advice that you just gotta let them grow up and trust them. There may have been signs, and there may not have been. But ultimately a mother can't possibly know all the going ons inside her son's head. My heart goes out to his mother, too. I kept hearing her cries as he was being arrested, and I don't think it was anger at LE, but more of a painful, heartbreaking revelation of reality and disbelief thereof.

I don't discredit his guilt or make light of what he's done. It's just a realization that any of us could find ourselves on these opposite ends of tragedy.....the unthinkable... and I just can't even imagine the pain.

So well said. TY

Ok. So tell me if I'm understanding this correctly: so he has the "right" to parole hearings since he's a juvenile. That's the law, but the outcome of these hearings most likely will be something along the lines of "though mr AG has shown good behavior, we feel that due to the nature of the crime, he should not, thus will not be allowed parole"

Am I sort of understanding it correctly?

Yes. Exactly.

Eta: The law was actually changed to account for kids like a 14 year-old girl here in California who drove with a boyfriend during the commission of a drive-by gang shooting. She did not pull the trigger but was charged with felony murder. She has grown up, expressed sincere remorse, and has fully changed her life around in the last 15 years or so in prison. The law was mostly written for people like her and kids who, for example, murdered their abuser parents.

It's a huge gap from considering suicide ( to kill yourself) to killing this precious little girl the way he did.

How does a kid keep so much rage and anger inside of himself without anyone knowing? Seems his friend Katie and her Mom saw something.

Appears that the piano "Mad World" clip was posted to his IG after Maddy's murder:

“Most chilling was a post from Monday, the second day of the search and the day Maddy’s body was found, that showed a short black-and-white clip of hands playing a piano to the tune of Gary Jules’ version of ‘Mad World’ — popularized on the soundtrack of 2001’s ‘Donnie Darko,’ a film signified by the title character’s death dreams,” the newspaper continued.

Underneath the clip was a caption pulled from the song: “The Dreams in which I’m Dying are the Best I’ve ever had.”

The timing of the Instagram clip is ominous. As Gonzalez was posting footage of himself or someone else playing odes to suicide on the piano, hundreds of volunteers were just outside his apartment, desperately searching for signs of Maddy.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...her-death-with-ice-cream-according-to-report/
The same hands that could make such beautiful music....killed an innocent, tiny girl. If this timing is, in fact, true, then AG is nothing but a cold, calculated, sociopath.

No remorse. No empathy. No anxiousness.

Calm, steady, musical hands. It's almost like I can hear his Hannibal Lector voice calling, "Clarice......Clariiiice."

The same hands that could make such beautiful music....killed an innocent, tiny girl. If this timing is, in fact, true, then AG is nothing but a cold, calculated, sociopath.

Calm, steady, musical hands. It's almost like I can hear his Hannibal Lector voice calling, "Clarice......Clariiiice."

BBM. This is the part that gets me.

Which is presumably why DA isn't going to ask for life without parole. Although in this type of crime, letting a defendant out on parole seems very unwise to me.

So true. Unfortunately, mistakes get made. Arthur Shawcross was released after assaulting and killing two children. Rehabilitated? Hardly. He went on to commit a string of murders. before he was finally caught, hanging around the site where a woman's body was discovered.

It's so true, any one of us could find ourselves there, God forbid. With these horrible acts against children, it does seem there is always some horrific childhood abuse in the picture. That is what I wonder about. Was there abuse against him as a young child? Did he witness something ? How does one "learn" to be so evil?

Yes. Exactly.

Eta: The law was actually changed to account for kids like a 14 year-old girl here in California who drove with a boyfriend during the commission of a drive-by gang shooting. She did not pull the trigger but was charged with felony murder. She has grown up, expressed sincere remorse, and has fully changed her life around in the last 15 years or so in prison. The law was mostly written for people like her and kids who, for example, murdered their abuser parents.

Ok thanks. Glad I'm understanding now. When I ranting earlier, that's what I was trying to get across - but was afraid to minimize the crime of murder--his crimes weren't JUST murder. You brought up 2 cases where rehabilitation of the juvenile is possible. so yes, I see the point of the law. However I'm glad that they will not be following that law to a "t" for AG.

It's so true, any one of us could find ourselves there, God forbid. With these horrible acts against children, it does seem there is always some horrific childhood abuse in the picture. That is what I wonder about. Was there abuse against him as a young child? Did he witness something ? How does one "learn" to be so evil?

BBM. I wonder the same thing.

I think this was discussed before and maybe someone posted some thoughts?

Recycling is not like garbage. It is brought somewhere and looked at so Maddie would have been found.

Did he think he was invisible to the cameras?

When he was hanging around while LE was close to finding her body, what was he thinking because he started to run when they found her.

It seems like he thought he would get caught .

I don't get it. Why run?

I think this was discussed before and maybe someone posted some thoughts?

Recycling is not like garbage. It is brought somewhere and looked at so Maddie would have been found.

Did he think he was invisible to the cameras?

When he was hanging around while LE was close to finding her body, what was he thinking because he started to run when they found her.

It seems like he thought he would get caught .

I don't get it. Why run?

Might not have been aware of the recycling process or the vid cameras? Who knows. IMO he seems pretty messed up inside.

He new he would eventually be caught. The body would decompose, and even if picked up and brought to recycling hub... they could trace the bin back where it came from. I'm sure he knew and wanted the video of his Mad World rendition to be viewed. (to see our reaction?) it's almost like this was his 15 min. Plus why did he keep some personal items of Madyson's?

i took piano lessons from age 5 to 12. I feel I am pretty good at Twinkle Little Star, Zero talent.

To me, he seems like he is good on the piano.

He has his yo yo skills. Some people liked him.

Why is he such a soulless monster?

i had thought this may be true when they announced trying him as an adult.

he will still have parole hearings. if he gets 25L that doesnt mean he gets out if her family attends all his parole hearings. manson is still in prison.

California Supreme Court Restricts Life Without Parole Sentences for Juveniles

The California Supreme Court has held that mandatory sentences of life without parole can no longer be applied to juvenile offenders. Even cases involving juveniles convicted of homicide must undergo intense scrutiny before a term of life without parole can be applied.

https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/new...icts-life-without-parole-sentences-juveniles/

See I don't think any of that would be a sign of something like this to come. Suicidal ideation and depression do not explain homicidal ideation and the desire to violate a small child.

Personally, I see zero signs in his expressions of depression of a potential for something like this. Instead, the signs I think that were there were that a 15 year old boy wanted to hang around little kids. Red flag to me. Most boys that age find little kids annoying for the most part.

The only thing that struck me was the "something will happen in high school" quote

I don't think this is right, I saw the post before IG went down. It said Sunday, I'm positive.

I don't think this is right, I saw the post before IG went down. It said Sunday, I'm positive.
It was definitely posted on Sunday. I remember posting about this but the post got deleted due to policies of this forum. Problem is we don't know if it was before or after the murder. I'm not sure if the police would be able to find out the exact time of posting.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Watching that arraignment video is hard. I have 5 children. Two of them happen to be Maddy and AG's ages, 8 and 15. While, of course, I am disgusted, mad, and shocked at AG's actions, I felt a weird split sense of emotions watching him stand in court. It could have been my precious, blonde curly haired girl, with big blue eyes that he lured, tortured, and robbed of a future. As I tucked her in bed last night and she snuggled into my neck, I shuddered at the thought if something happening to my baby girl.

But....it also could have been my 15 year old standing there. Same nose and little lips I'd kissed since birth...all grown up into a man's sized body but a still immature mind. Fifteen is so.....different. There starts to become a separation between a mother and a child as they prepare for adulthood. You give them some space....take others' advice that you just gotta let them grow up and trust them. There may have been signs, and there may not have been. But ultimately a mother can't possibly know all the going ons inside her son's head. My heart goes out to his mother, too. I kept hearing her cries as he was being arrested, and I don't think it was anger at LE, but more of a painful, heartbreaking revelation of reality and disbelief thereof.

I don't discredit his guilt or make light of what he's done. It's just a realization that any of us could find ourselves on these opposite ends of tragedy.....the unthinkable... and I just can't even imagine the pain.

Another mom of 5 here. THANK YOU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member