Found Deceased CA - Madyson Middleton, 8, Santa Cruz, 26 July 2015 - #2 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think this is right, I saw the post before IG went down. It said Sunday, I'm positive.

You're right I thought it was Sunday too.. But IG doesn't say the specific day it just says "2 days ago" so I am not sure

i agree with this. i have sons aged 20 and 17. if this ever happened it would be my second absolute worst nightmare, second only to having what happened to poor mady :(

he absoluately deserves to not ever be released. but i feel for his mom. she lost her child and all she hoped for him.

and i wanted to say, many times when a young boy is homosexual he comes out at this age. i am thinking maybe this kid was a pedophile and realizing it and that was the cause of all his turmoil over the past few years.

Watching that arraignment video is hard. I have 5 children. Two of them happen to be Maddy and AG's ages, 8 and 15. While, of course, I am disgusted, mad, and shocked at AG's actions, I felt a weird split sense of emotions watching him stand in court. It could have been my precious, blonde curly haired girl, with big blue eyes that he lured, tortured, and robbed of a future. As I tucked her in bed last night and she snuggled into my neck, I shuddered at the thought if something happening to my baby girl.

But....it also could have been my 15 year old standing there. Same nose and little lips I'd kissed since birth...all grown up into a man's sized body but a still immature mind. Fifteen is so.....different. There starts to become a separation between a mother and a child as they prepare for adulthood. You give them some space....take others' advice that you just gotta let them grow up and trust them. There may have been signs, and there may not have been. But ultimately a mother can't possibly know all the going ons inside her son's head. My heart goes out to his mother, too. I kept hearing her cries as he was being arrested, and I don't think it was anger at LE, but more of a painful, heartbreaking revelation of reality and disbelief thereof.

I don't discredit his guilt or make light of what he's done. It's just a realization that any of us could find ourselves on these opposite ends of tragedy.....the unthinkable... and I just can't even imagine the pain.

Might not have been aware of the recycling process or the vid cameras? Who knows. IMO he seems pretty messed up inside.
I am inclined to think he killed the girl very rashly to be honest. The murder doesn't seem planned at all because if it was, it was very poorly executed. He may have been "laying in wait" for her as in he knew she always came out to play at a certain time during the week, and so he waited there for her to appear. But maybe not "laying in wait" as in planned to kill her.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

The only thing that struck me was the "something will happen in high school" quote
Thing is you always get friends or acquaintances of murderers coming out after the deed was done saying they always knew he was a wrong 'un and things to that effect, but I always reserve a bit of scepticism for those accounts. More likely than not, no one ever saw that coming, because the murderer was adept at hiding their real feelings and thoughts to others.

My comments on various posts from the last couple pages....

I think even if there is possibility for parole...he will never get out. I just can't see that happening. But I would still rather he get life without parole. Just on principle.

As far as him being depressed...I don't think that suicidal thoughts go hand in hand with homicidal thoughts. Sure, a person can have both. But being depressed doesn't make a person want to violently rape and kill someone.

I could have sworn the Mad World Instagram post was from Sunday and not Monday. Hmm...wish I had saved a screenshot of it. I know that if it was still up, on the computer you can hover over the "2 days ago" part and it will give the date. And I'm sure if police needed to know it, they could just find the photo on his phone and check the date. I get creeped out thinking that it's also possible he could have filmed it while Maddy was still in his apartment.

I do think he planned something in advance. Not sure how many details but I don't think this was a spur of the moment decision. Just a hunch though.

I agree. Self-proclaiming as a loving family or having the "appearance of" a loving family can often be masks.

True. But if a family has 4 kids and 3 of them are well adjusted, happy, healthy, and say their parents were loving and caring, why would the 4th child be a coldhearted, sociopath?

Hello there. Though I've followed many a case here, this is my first post. Hope it comes out well. I just wanted to say that he doesn't seem to fit the "psychopath"mold at all. Is there a reason this term is being thrown around?

I'm about 5 pages behind so this may have already been addressed. Personally I think it's being thrown around because it is so hard for people to understand how someone could do something like this. A label 'helps' in a way.

ETA also welcome, and glad you're posting!

It was definitely posted on Sunday. I remember posting about this but the post got deleted due to policies of this forum. Problem is we don't know if it was before or after the murder. I'm not sure if the police would be able to find out the exact time of posting.

I checked my browser history and I was on his IG page almost exactly 19 hours after Madyson was found. The timestamp said "2D" so not much help.

Speculation only! but I lean towards AJG posting the video before he snatched Madyson. If msm is correct about how obsessive he was during the search then it seems like he was flying on adrenalin. I can't see him going back up to his apartment to record and post the video. JMO of course.

I checked my browser history and I was on his IG page almost exactly 19 hours after Madyson was found. The timestamp said "2D" so not much help.

Speculation only! but I lean towards AJG posting the video before he snatched Madyson. If msm is correct about how obsessive he was during the search then it seems like he was flying on adrenalin. I can't see him going back up to his apartment to record and post the video. JMO of course.

I totally agree. I think it was before he grabbed her, and it kind of speaks to his mindset that day.

True. But if a family has 4 kids and 3 of them are well adjusted, happy, healthy, and say their parents were loving and caring, why would the 4th child be a coldhearted, sociopath?

Who knows? I just think that when a sadistic crime like this occurs the family/extended family dynamics need to be scrutinized, not accepted as appearance indicates. Now a friend of AJG, according to a recent article posted here, is saying she noticed the family was not as caring as first reported. I have no idea to which family member/s she is referring. I just believe we must look behind the family screen if we want to understand this type of sociopathic behavior. Maybe the cause is there afterall. Maybe not.

Happened in my family. My sister always had something wrong with her, from an extremely young age. No amount of professional help worked. When she was 11-12, a psychiatrist told my parent she believes she has a personality disorder such as being a sociopath. She is not the violent or murderous type of sociopath, but she lacks any empathy and will squash people to get what she wants. Extremely manipulative, feels no guilt or shame, cold hearted, etc. She had both her children taken away (being raised by us,) because she literally didn't care about them. She even surrendered all her rights, just so she wouldn't have to pay $150 a month in child support. She wasn't raising them, why should she have to pay?

I would say we were all parented pretty well. Loved, cared for, etc. Even though they spent her childhood and teenage years trying to get her help, we weren't ignored and she wasn't spoiled. There was never an explanation for a "cause." She just IS that way. She was not sexually abused, by her own admittance...and believe me, if she was she would absolutely use it.

Not liking that I'm thinking of this so much. But all I can see is that little freckled face. Dam it. I hate when this happens.

On another note, I looked up this Donnie Darko movie, even has child *advertiser censored* in it. Why are movies like this made? What's the point? I was flipping thru the channels last night and saw True Detective. It's violent. We really don't need all of these violent shows/movies. It's gone too far. (and I'm no prude) But, enough is enough.

i can attest to being the "black sheep" in my family as well. i struggle through life. my two younger sisters are very successful well adjusted people.

I have always attributed it to my severe ADHD / ODD. i have only been able to manage my ODD when i was into my 30's. medication helped some but it was no magic pill. i sort of try to keep to myself and keep my circle small to manage my life.

Happened in my family. My sister always had something wrong with her, from an extremely young age. No amount of professional help worked. When she was 11-12, a psychiatrist told my parent she believes she has a personality disorder such as being a sociopath. She is not the violent or murderous type of sociopath, but she lacks any empathy and will squash people to get what she wants. Extremely manipulative, feels no guilt or shame, cold hearted, etc. She had both her children taken away (being raised by us,) because she literally didn't care about them. She even surrendered all her rights, just so she wouldn't have to pay $150 a month in child support. She wasn't raising them, why should she have to pay?

I would say we were all parented pretty well. Loved, cared for, etc. Even though they spent her childhood and teenage years trying to get her help, we weren't ignored and she wasn't spoiled. There was never an explanation for a "cause." She just IS that way. She was not sexually abused, by her own admittance...and believe me, if she was she would absolutely use it.

Who knows? I just think that when a sadistic crime like this occurs the family/extended family dynamics need to be scrutinized, not accepted as appearance indicates. Now a friend of AJG, according to a recent article posted here, is saying she noticed the family was not as caring as first reported. I have no idea to which family member/s she is referring. I just believe we must look behind the family screen if we want to understand this type of sociopathic behavior. Maybe the cause is there afterall. Maybe not.

True. The friend said they were 'sometimes volatile.' I think most homes are sometimes volatile when there are teens living there though. I would be curious what she meant, exactly. When my son was 15 he pretty much hated us, was only concerned with his friends, and locked himself in his room, only coming out to eat because we forced him to. At 27, he is a very sweet, well-adjusted family man himself.

True. The friend said they were 'sometimes volatile.' I think most homes are sometimes volatile when there are teens living there though. I would be curious what she meant, exactly. When my son was 15 he pretty much hated us, was only concerned with his friends, and locked himself in his room, only coming out to eat because we forced him to. At 27, he is a very sweet, well-adjusted family man himself.

At this point it sticks out to me. I think this kid said more than all of these other adults who reported that "he was so nice." After all, seems like AJG tried to speak out to this former friend Katie.

i can attest to being the "black sheep" in my family as well. i struggle through life. my two younger sisters are very successful well adjusted people.

I have always attributed it to my severe ADHD / ODD. i have only been able to manage my ODD when i was into my 30's. medication helped some but it was no magic pill. i sort of try to keep to myself and keep my circle small to manage my life.

I wouldn't call her a black sheep. She actually fit in really well, anywhere really. She could convince people she was awesome. She was well liked by people, but she did keep people at arms reach. The problem was, people didn't even know that was happening. Most people would say they really knew her or know her well.

yep that is me. i am known as "crazy casey" and fun to be around. ppl who i only regard as acquaintances will be like "she is my close friend".

i do have feelings and i am caring and am not super manipulative though, and i care for my own children.

adhd and odd is not the same pathology as sociopath/psycopath though.

I wouldn't call her a black sheep. She actually fit in really well, anywhere really. She could convince people she was awesome. She was well liked by people, but she did keep people at arms reach. The problem was, people didn't even know that was happening. Most people would say they really knew her or know her well.

Not liking that I'm thinking of this so much. But all I can see is that little freckled face. Dam it. I hate when this happens.

On another note, I looked up this Donnie Darko movie, even has child *advertiser censored* in it. Why are movies like this made? What's the point? I was flipping thru the channels last night and saw True Detective. It's violent. We really don't need all of these violent shows/movies. It's gone too far. (and I'm no prude) But, enough is enough.
Yeah....everyone else seemed to know the movie. I had never heard of it, and I just asked my kids and they have never heard of it. I looked it up and see that it's rated R. That would be why they don't know about it. Neither they or their friends are allowed to watch rated R movies. Heck, I have to closely monitor the PG ones. My husband and I also don't watch R rated films or even half the things on prime time TV. I just choose not to fill my heart with such things.

ETA: WS is enough darkness for me...

On 7/28, I got a screen shot while the IG was still up. Just now I checked the details. I saved the pic at 8:06pm. At that time the pic was 2 days old, so yes, he uploaded it on 7/26- Sunday.
2124e6788c37cbcc735733dfed4817e3.jpg

1344b0cd1cf38002ccfdfcd67b883dac.jpg

http://www.ksbw.com/image/view/-/34425680/highRes/1/-/maxw/620/-/o0veyhz/-/insta-piano-jpg.jpg
Link
http://www.ksbw.com/15390184?colCon...6&postMode=ajax&random=1342385275982&view=tab

I'm going to have to rewatch Donnie Darko. I saw it several times but it's been a while. Great movie but I'm an adult.

If my book and movie collection was ever viewed by strangers...actually that reminds me. When my boyfriend and I moved in together his friend helped us move. Apparently he asked my boyfriend what my deal was because I have so many books about Karla Homolka.

Anyway I know we're all just trying to make sense of the unbelievable. It's so horrifying! And so much more than just stremming from one issue. The term "perfect storm" keeps coming to mind.

Sent from my LG-D321 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member