Found Deceased CA - Madyson Middleton, 8, Santa Cruz, 26 July 2015 - #2 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped by me
I have a friend who has a son who has been diagnosed with a mild form of autism. He does things on purpose strictly to see what kind of a response he elicits. He has started fires, said highly inappropriate things and when asked why he always says that he wanted to see the reaction and what would happen.

JMO

We have a neighbor boy who has made similar comments about his own violence. (FWIW, I have no idea if he is diagnosed with anything.) He beat up a vulnerable family member and the reason he provided was that he wanted to see what people would do about it. He was younger than this perp - probably around age 12 or so. He moved on to threats of self-harm and also continued harming others.

ETA: He comes from a very nice, well-respected, stable family.

1. I think it stands for sexual assault.

2. They've moved it off the front page.

You can click "Video" on the bar at the top (next to Home, News, Traffic, Weather, etc) and you can find one named "2-Minute Mix". I think that clip is in there.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/

(Edited to fix misplaced line)
(Edited to add link)

Hmm...not there either. I feel it just aired once and has been taken down. But thanks anyway though. I hadn't seen any of the interviews at all with neighbors.

If what these "sources" say is in fact true and are actual facts, this crime warrants charging a juvenile as an adult. He is not 10 he is between 15 - 17 from what I understand.

Hmm...not there either. I feel it just aired once and has been taken down. But thanks anyway though. I hadn't seen any of the interviews at all with neighbors.

Sorry that it wasn't there. What in particular about that short scene is of interest?

Urgh hate writing this. But if he double bagged her, put her right in the bottom of the dumpster and piled the recycling garbage over her, so she was right in the bottom under everything then I can see how she could be missed on the first search. Someone might just come over to the dumpster, maybe move the first couple of layers of rubbish, thought "no, this is just recycling stuff" and hasn't disturbed the majority of rubbish on her so she's remained hidden.

Then when the police is searching more thoroughly later he emptied out ALL of the recycling rubbish and it's only then she's been found? I can see that happened.

Plastic bags would stand out in the recycling bins. It's stressed over and over that only recyclable material can go in the recycling bins. If someone was poking around through the recyclables, a bag would draw immediate attention. Particularly someplace like Santa Cruz - a very 'green' city that has separate public receptacles for trash, plastic, glass and compost throughout the area. Stranger things have happened but it just seems bags would draw attention. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough :(

Plastic bags would stand out in the recycling bins. It's stressed over and over that only recyclable material can go in the recycling bins. If someone was poking around through the recyclables, a bag would draw immediate attention. Particularly someplace like Santa Cruz - a very 'green' city that has separate public receptacles for trash, plastic, glass and compost throughout the area. Stranger things have happened but it just seems bags would draw attention. I'm sure we'll find out soon enough :(

Please keep in mind that the initial searchers were looking for Maddy as a little lost girl. They were not conducting a crime-scene investigation with scrutiny. If you helped your neighbor look for a lost child, you probably would be looking for an alive girl, not digging under recylcing or trash. Especially since the child had only recently gone missing, you'd be working quickly, I would expect.

Also, the police said the child was gone before the 911 was even placed. So, there's really no point in being angry at searchers not finding her quickly enough. There was no "quickly enough."

It's a tragic, tragic case and I fully believe everyone searching did their best.

The guy to blame for her not being found immediately is in custody.

She had to be in something. The only way to get to that bin is down outside stairs and through the fence to the garage.

I would find it very difficult to believe that he just carried her dead body down without some sort of cover. I guess surveillance might show that, but that would be the only way I would believe that. That is a large complex with way too many possibilities of someone seeing him.

She had to be in something. The only way to get to that bin is down outside stairs and through the fence to the garage.

I would find it very difficult to believe that he just carried her dead body down without some sort of cover. I guess surveillance might show that, but that would be the only way I would believe that. That is a large complex with way too many possibilities of someone seeing him.

From what I understand, he is on video carrying the bag to the bin five minutes before the mom called 911. So, it might not have raised suspicion at that time.

From what I understand, he is on video carrying the bag to the bin five minutes before the mom called 911. So, it might not have raised suspicion at that time.

:( So disturbing. I'm wondering if they have found the scooter? Has that detail been made public?

Well, I tried to post a second ago and I don't know where it went. Anyway, the green shirt guy has been named in MSM. The white haired lady runs an summer art camp for children at the Tannery. (There's a FB page and a website for this camp.) It appears that the suspect had been a "junior counselor" or helper at said camp. I can see why it would be easy to get Maddy to go with him. All the adults around her trusted him. :(

I haven't seen green shirt guy named in MSM. I feel out of the loop.

:( So disturbing. I'm wondering if they have found the scooter? Has that detail been made public?

Haven't seen mention of scooter specifically. But a few news sites did say they found some of her personal belongings. Not sure where or what though.

I get a feeling LE knew , or felt the knew, pretty quickly about the perp but didn't want to spook him until she was recovered.
I'm so sorry little Maddy. :(

Haven't seen mention of scooter specifically. But a few news sites did say they found some of her personal belongings. Not sure where or what though.

I saw in an article linked above that they found a helmet in a wooded area near the complex. It wasn't confirmed as hers, but it could've been.

Hope it's ok to share this..

[video=youtube;pByoUFq9d0M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pByoUFq9d0M&sns=fb[/video]

:candle::candle::candle::grouphug:

If upcoming charges include "abuse of a corpse" then it might shed some light as to why Maddy's body/remains were not easily visible in the receptacle. Jmo.

I think LE said it wasn't visible because it was covered up with stuff in the bin.

I think LE said it wasn't visible because it was covered up with stuff in the bin.

I think they said something to the effect of... "it was concealed in such away that it would not have been immediately noticeable"

SANTA CRUZ, Calif. -
Santa Cruz County District Attorney Jeff Rosell will file charges against a 15-year-old boy who is accused of committing a shocking crime: luring an 8-year-old girl into his apartment, killing her, and putting her body in a box.

Rosell is holding a news conference at 11 a.m. Wednesday to discuss charges in the Madyson Middleton case, and KSBW.com is streaming it live.

WATCH LIVE: Santa Cruz District Attorney press conference

http://m.ksbw.com/news/watch-live-santa-cruz-district-attorney-press-conference/34421658

SANTA CRUZ, Calif. -
Santa Cruz County District Attorney Jeff Rosell will file charges against a 15-year-old boy who is accused of committing a shocking crime: luring an 8-year-old girl into his apartment, killing her, and putting her body in a box.

Rosell is holding a news conference at 11 a.m. Wednesday to discuss charges in the Madyson Middleton case, and KSBW.com is streaming it live.

WATCH LIVE: Santa Cruz District Attorney press conference

http://m.ksbw.com/news/watch-live-santa-cruz-district-attorney-press-conference/34421658

That's in 5 minutes ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member