CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to work in this park - at the only building that is in the park. Get there at 6am to open up, and at 9am go hiking with inner city kids. It didn't feel sketchy - but then again, most places don't once they are familiar.
The only thing I can come up with is that it was a gang-related hit. Some gangs in LA (and a lot of the kids who came up were in gangs) have you show your loyalty by killing someone. I know; it's far-fetched - but the only thing I can think of. If it was an angry camper, why would they wait until nearly 5am to kill the person? (rhetorical question). SO sickening. :(

After seeing the news clip of the tent, the shooter was most likely in the woods when he was shooting. He was guessing that TB was laying with his feet towards the zipper end of the tent, therefore his head at the end facing the woods. The killer took aim, hoping to kill him and was successful. IMO. It was. An easy escape route into the woods.

After the second guy spoke up that he was shot in the arm, with birdseed, while laying in his hammock, it brings up several questions. How far was his hammock from TB?

Knowing nothing about guns, would birdseed kill a person? We haven’t been told what caliber killed TB. Would a gun shooting birdseed kill him? We know LE knows but this time what killed TB.

Are there two snipers out shooting during the night? Is there only one person who doesn’t seem to be too good of a shot? The lady and boyfriend were shot at close range but were missed being killed.

Seems there is a much more serious problem than the sheriff’s department wants to admit.
There are no woods there. I used to work in the park, and there is chapparel - but no 'woods'. Sure, someone could lie down and hide, and there are big rocks - but it's not like someone could run through the trees.

I used to work in this park - at the only building that is in the park. Get there at 6am to open up, and at 9am go hiking with inner city kids. It didn't feel sketchy - but then again, most places don't once they are familiar.
The only thing I can come up with is that it was a gang-related hit. Some gangs in LA (and a lot of the kids who came up were in gangs) have you show your loyalty by killing someone. I know; it's far-fetched - but the only thing I can think of. If it was an angry camper, why would they wait until nearly 5am to kill the person? (rhetorical question). SO sickening. :(
Not farfetched at all, always a consideration in this types of cases, I've learned.

There are no woods there. I used to work in the park, and there is chapparel - but no 'woods'. Sure, someone could lie down and hide, and there are big rocks - but it's not like someone could run through the trees.
And yes, there is a LOT of weird stuff that goes down in the parks outside LA that no one talks about - but we were privy to because we took kids hiking in every park in the Los Angeles area - so we'd hear all the creepy stuff (including killings that never made the news). I mean, Los Angeles is a crrraazzzyyy, sketchy place - and these parks are really close to it.

An example involving a man who killed another man in a park (in his tent). He went looking for him after drinking and fighting with his girlfriend:

“We got the call at 4:12 a.m.,” Kohls recounted on the stand last summer. “He (Laverdure) was pronounced dead at (about) 5 a.m. We were told it was an apparent stab wound.”
Kravchenko convicted of Perth's Last Duel Park death

There are a lot of differences between the two situations (including substance abuse and previous encounters between the two men), but I can see how anger could fester and someone might get worked up overnight and go looking for him in those early hours.

An example involving a man who killed another man in a park (in his tent). He went looking for him after drinking and fighting with his girlfriend:

“We got the call at 4:12 a.m.,” Kohls recounted on the stand last summer. “He (Laverdure) was pronounced dead at (about) 5 a.m. We were told it was an apparent stab wound.”
Kravchenko convicted of Perth's Last Duel Park death

There are a lot of differences between the two situations (including substance abuse and previous encounters between the two men), but I can see how anger could fester and someone might get worked up overnight and go looking for him in those early hours.
It's not impossible, of course. People do all kinds of stuff that we wouldn't expect. I'd think a gang shooting before an angry camper - but that's because I know a lot about what went down in the parks and the gangs in LA. Obviously it's all speculation. I don't think anyone is ever going to know - except the person who did it, and (if there were any) the people with that person.

"On May 16, the body of a man was found in a ditch the 1600 block of Las Virgenes Canyon Road, across the road from Malibu Creek and near the Malibu Hindu Temple. The coroner’s office reported that Francisco Reynaldo Cruz, 52, of Los Angeles, had been killed by “sharp force injuries” to the chest and neck, as well as from a “blunt force injury to the head.” Sheriff’s deputies told Malibu radio station KBUU last week that Cruz had been killed somewhere else, and dumped in the isolated canyon."
Several Other Shootings Reported At State Park Where Father Was Killed

*would you locals say this is a common dumping ground?
*this doesn't seem related, moo.

It's not impossible, of course. People do all kinds of stuff that we wouldn't expect. I'd think a gang shooting before an angry camper - but that's because I know a lot about what went down in the parks and the gangs in LA. Obviously it's all speculation. I don't think anyone is ever going to know - except the person who did it, and (if there were any) the people with that person.
PS: If there had been drunken fighting with Anyone, I would think that someone would have heard it and told the police. Again, there are no trees there - so you can hear everything that happens in the other sites.

"On May 16, the body of a man was found in a ditch the 1600 block of Las Virgenes Canyon Road, across the road from Malibu Creek and near the Malibu Hindu Temple. The coroner’s office reported that Francisco Reynaldo Cruz, 52, of Los Angeles, had been killed by “sharp force injuries” to the chest and neck, as well as from a “blunt force injury to the head.” Sheriff’s deputies told Malibu radio station KBUU last week that Cruz had been killed somewhere else, and dumped in the isolated canyon."
Several Other Shootings Reported At State Park Where Father Was Killed

*would you locals say this is a common dumping ground?
*this doesn't seem related, moo.
No. I hadn't heard of it as a dumping ground. There are Much more remote places where he wouldn't have been found for ages - like Topanga Canyon. I actually never heard of any of the parks as being dumping grounds. Places where sketchy stuff goes down? Absolutely. But not dumping grounds by any means.

PS: If there had been drunken fighting with Anyone, I would think that someone would have heard it and told the police. Again, there are no trees there - so you can hear everything that happens in the other sites.
I know. My point is if it was someone who had an earlier encounter with him it might not have been about waiting until 4am to go after him. It could have been more about his or her anger building up and it took that long to act on it.

I'm not saying this is what happened - I'm just suggesting the possibility.

Sorry; I keep writing more. There is Nothing around this park, or Las Virgenes road. Noootthhiinnggg. You can drive from 101 to the beach and not see a single person or car. So I guess it wouldn't be a bad place to throw a body. People may dump bodies along the road - which was where the person above was found - but not in the actual parks. Ugh, this is so sickening to even talk about.

I know. My point is if it was someone who had an earlier encounter with him it might not have been about waiting until 4am to go after him. It could have been more about his or her anger building up and it took that long to act on it.

I'm not saying this is what happened - I'm just suggesting the possibility.
Oh, absolutely it is possible.

It's really strange that - as far as we know - no one heard a car drive away. I doubt people would hike into a park to shoot a random person in the face - who they didn't even know was there - and walk out. Especially to walk out with no one hearing anything. So bizarre. It's not as if the camping is right next to the road.

It's really strange that - as far as we know - no one heard a car drive away. I doubt people would hike into a park to shoot a random person in the face - who they didn't even know was there - and walk out. Especially to walk out with no one hearing anything. So bizarre. It's not as if the camping is right next to the road.

Maybe he's on a bicycle.

(So, I'm googling "shot while sleeping"...unfortunately getting some hits, so far in DC and Memphis but just started looking
Prospective Army recruit shot, killed while sleeping in bed
"The window to his bedroom was riddled with bullet holes, according to the news site.

Marshall said the shooter or shooters removed the screen from the window before firing.

No suspect has been named yet in the shooting."
*this is a needle in a haystack. Better narrow it down more. Of course who is to say someone like this doesn't travel, especially if they are a student or something...)

Eta: alright here we go, if one is to explore the psychological Avenue of a killer who gets his gets kicks shooting sleeping victims (article dated 6/14/18, hmmm)
Woman Shot While Sleeping in Her South L.A. Bedroom; Gunman Sought
"Investigators believe the woman may have been targeted and do not think the shooting was gang related."

Maybe he's on a bicycle.
So we're talking about someone who road into the park on a bicycle, with a gun - and almost at dawn, shot someone. Sounds crazy. But crazy things happen. I'm going back on my thought that it is more likely that it's a gang-related thing - because if it was, they would have peeled out of there, and people would have heard that.

(So, I'm googling "shot while sleeping"...unfortunately getting some hits, so far in DC and Memphis but just started looking
Prospective Army recruit shot, killed while sleeping in bed
"The window to his bedroom was riddled with bullet holes, according to the news site.

Marshall said the shooter or shooters removed the screen from the window before firing.

No suspect has been named yet in the shooting."
*this is a needle in a haystack. Better narrow it down more. Of course who is to say someone like this doesn't travel, especially if they are a student or something...)

Eta: alright here we go, if one is to explore the psychological Avenue of a killer who gets his gets kicks shooting sleeping victims (article dated 6/14/18, hmmm)
Woman Shot While Sleeping in Her South L.A. Bedroom; Gunman Sought
"Investigators believe the woman may have been targeted and do not think the shooting was gang related."
South LA = the most sketchy part of LA. Could be an ex, could be someone she spurned. Regardless, it's going to be hard to sleep now. Thank goodness for having a dog who barks!!!

Googled "How far can a shotgun slug travel?"

"The Myth: Shotgun slugs for big game should be limited to 100 yards. The "NRA Firearms Fact Book" says: "Shotgun slugs should not be used at ranges greater than about 75 yards. Maximum effective range is limited as much by the slug's rapid decay of energy and velocity as by its poor accuracy."Jul 25, 2011"
Is the Maximum Range of Shotgun Slugs 100 yards?

What is the effective range of a shotgun slug?
Smooth-bore shotgun barrels are quite a bit less expensive than rifled shotgun barrels, and Foster type slugs, as well as wad slugs, can work well up to 75 yards in a smooth-bore barrel. For achieving accuracy at 100 yards and beyond, however, a dedicated rifled slug barrel usually provides significant advantages."
Shotgun slug - Wikipedia."

Shotgun Slug Accuracy Tips from the American Slug Shooting Association
*some recommendations at at link

"What is the maximum effective range of a shotgun?
Effect range is typically not an issue when using buckshot in your home defense shotgun. Most hunters use the 40/40 method, which is a 40-inch spread at 40 yards. Forty yards is likely the maximum effective range of birdshot. This of course depends on the choke setting, steel or lead shot and so forth."

Snip

"Rifled barrels will have a much greater effective range because of the rifling. The 3 to 4 inch group is easily accomplished at 100 yards with a rifled barrel. The effective range is somewhere around 125 yards. Some.45 caliber and .50 caliber Sabot rounds claim to have an effective range of up to 200 yards."
Effective Ranges for Buckshot, Birdshot and Slugs

"SLUG TYPES AND DISTANCES

Rifled shotgun barrels and chokes are becoming increasingly popular since they increase the accuracy of shotgun slugs. This style does an excellent job in harvesting game at reasonable ranges. Another key factor for accuracy is the type of slug used."
Slug types and distances

Attachments

• Slug-shot-distances.png
    Slug-shot-distances.png
    33.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online