CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SBM
On the attached map I highlighted Malibu Canyon in red and the road that eventually leads to my niece’s house in blue. I assume she saw them near Piuma Rd.
View attachment 137297

Near Sleeper Canyon...

Yeah this is an infinite rabbithole...I'm afraid the more sleuthing done at this moment is a needle in a haystack, I Google "shots fired canyon" or something similar and got an incident out of Utah in Aug.2017...
Shots fired in Little Cottonwood Canyon
*I think it's best for me to wait for more information before sleuthing further so as to not get too far offtopic. We don't even know yet for sure that this is not targeted. Moo.
*I do think that if and when LE believes this to be the work of a random shooter they will announce it. Of course they could be stumped at this moment. I imagine there's a lot of work still left to be done in their investigation, moo.

Last edited:
They were by the road in that video.
No, the road they were next to was the road in the campground. It's not far off Las Virgenes (which was the main road you saw with lots of cars on it) - but the other roads you saw, and the one next to the tent, were just small roads to drive around the campground loops - like most campgrounds have. Also, I'm surprised the newscaster called it an 'attack' when they don't know what it was.

Near Sleeper Canyon...

Yeah this is an infinite rabbithole...I'm afraid the more sleuthing done at this moment is a needle in a haystack, I Google "shots fired canyon" or something similar and got an incident out of Utah in Aug.2017...
Shots fired in Little Cottonwood Canyon
*I think it's best for me to wait for more information before sleuthing further so as to not get too far offtopic. We don't even know yet for sure that this is not targeted. Moo.
*I do think that if and when LE believes this to be the work of a random shooter they will announce it. Of course they could be stumped at this moment. I imagine there's a lot of work still left to be done in their investigation, moo.
Agreed. We're deep in the rabbit hole. We don't know anything. I'll stop sleuthing too. Goodnight!

Fair point. Really great sleuthing and research into all possible leads. We’ll probably just be going in circles without any new information at this point. I’m curious what updates we’ll get from the police when they do break their silence. I have a feeling it will include an arrest made. It’s the only reason I can think of as to why they’ve been mum and feel there isn’t a need to alert ppl in the area to be cautious. I’m leaner more and more towards a motive closer to home.

Even without detailed knowledge of his current work and status, professional jealousy could still very well be a possibility. People hold work place grudges all the time. It could be a work related resentment as superficial as any. Jealousy, a promotion snatched...it doesn’t necessarily have to be something specific to his field. That said, my gut is going with something domestic OR completely other end of the spectrum - related to the other shootings.

Here is an example of vendetta type sniper shootings:
L.A. manhunt reminiscent of D.C. sniper case - CNN

It's not impossible, of course. People do all kinds of stuff that we wouldn't expect. I'd think a gang shooting before an angry camper - but that's because I know a lot about what went down in the parks and the gangs in LA. Obviously it's all speculation. I don't think anyone is ever going to know - except the person who did it, and (if there were any) the people with that person.

An example of random gang related shooting rampage in Whittier California:

“These were senseless acts of violence, acts committed on innocent people that were merely enjoying the day, running errands, in what they believed to be a safe area,” the captain said. “The individuals that were victims of this crime, these were random targets of violence that were unprovoked.”

Couple suspected of carrying out random shooting rampage in Whittier, La Mirada charged with murder – Whittier Daily News

Last edited:
No, the road they were next to was the road in the campground. It's not far off Las Virgenes (which was the main road you saw with lots of cars on it) - but the other roads you saw, and the one next to the tent, were just small roads to drive around the campground loops - like most campgrounds have. Also, I'm surprised the newscaster called it an 'attack' when they don't know what it was.

I always love to see input from someone with more detailed knowledge! Can you tell us where the one building is in relation to the campground that you have mentioned? Did you start hiking with the group at 6am usually? So you or some of the youth would have arrived sometime before 6am? Was this a seasonal job? Have you noticed homeless in the park? Do you know where the ranger station is located? Oh and one more...Do you know which kind of weapons the rangers carry in this park?

Last edited:
Although we do not know what type of gun that was used to kill TB, I'm going to guess by the two shots into the tent, with a decent sized hole for each. that it was either a shotgun slug. Or a rifle bullet. Or even a handgun.

Although we do not know what type of gun that was used to kill TB, I'm going to guess by the two shots into the tent, with a decent sized hole for each. that it was either a shotgun slug. Or a rifle bullet. Or even a handgun.
The thing about a shotgun is (specifically a 12 gauge) when aiming for a specific target, you aim lower ie: if you want a head shot, you aim for the chest. The velocity of the slug leaving the barrel tips the barrel up.
I just don't see a shotgun being used
for a head shot when the victim is lying down, or when shooting from afar.

I wonder if maybe TB had a night light on in the tent during the night.

I always love to see input from someone with more detailed knowledge! Can you tell us where the one building is in relation to the campground that you have mentioned? Did you start hiking with the group at 6am usually? So you or some of the youth would have arrived sometime before 6am? Was this a seasonal job? Have you noticed homeless in the park? Do you know where the ranger station is located? Oh and one more...Do you know which kind of weapons the rangers carry in this park?

I'm not Harikari, but you can see the relationship between Las Virgenes Road, the campground, the administrative offices, etc. on the map from the state parks department here:
https://www.nps.gov/samo/planyourvisit/upload/malibuCreekCampgroundMap051309.pdf

Aww. Too bad. But I guess we could refer people to the social media to look at comments if we found any, right?

It's interesting that the campers - and there were a lot - have been totally silent

If there were interviews with them on MSM though it would be ok, right? Has anyone seen any interviews of other campers yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member