CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<snipped>

I wouldn't be surprised if some people thought it was a hilarious thing to go into the park and start shooting randomly.

I'm still stuck on how someone entered the campground and left (maybe) without anyone hearing or seeing them. This is assuming (ha) that it was someone in a car.

Last edited by a moderator:
<snipped>

I wouldn't be surprised if some people thought it was a hilarious thing to go into the park and start shooting randomly.

I'm still stuck on how someone entered the campground and left (maybe) without anyone hearing or seeing them. This is assuming (ha) that it was someone in a car.

If Avalonisland's report upstream was accurate, no one can enter the campground after 10:00PM or else have their tires shredded by spikes. People inside the park can exit at any time. So if the shooter was traveling via car and left via car after shooting, they would have had to enter the campground prior to 10:00PM. Otherwise, they could have parked outside the park itself (perhaps on the side of Las Virgenes Road) and walked in/out.

Last edited:
If Avalonisland's report upstream was accurate, no one can enter the campground after 10:00PM or else have their tires shredded by spikes. People inside the park can exit at any time. So if the shooter was traveling via car and left via car after shooting, they would have had to enter the campground prior to 10:00PM. Otherwise, they could have parked outside the park itself (perhaps on the side of Las Virgenes Road) and walked in/out.

My guess would be (if there is a car involved) Las Virgenes Road. It looks dark in the middle of the night and it's closest to Tapia Park and the campsite.

I still think the past incidents are not related but it ticks me off how LE brushed them off, jmo. Ppl do have the right to sue for their personal safety being jeopardized to the lack of warnings at the campsite. And why were the day areas still open and the camp ground closed? Does LE think the shootings were unrelated or whoever is responsible just acts out at night time?

My apologies if this has been addressed- I've tried reading back thread but haven't seen anything.

Is there any word on if TB was shot from inside the tent or from outside? LE has to know, as that seems like a simple forensics issue to solve. I know his brother talked about holes in the tent, but that could've been conjecturing based on conversation with BIL who discovered TB at crime scene. Perhaps LE is keeping that under wraps. Additionally, close range or long range of wound would be known (regardless of if it was done from inside or outside tent). Has official autopsy been released or leaked?

Is it possible the gunshot to the head entered, but did not exit? Then my "dumb logic'' tells me there would not be blood visible as it would be pooling inside the skull. I think I have read that (blood in skull, adding pressure) is a major cause of headshot deaths....?

Yes, it's possible there would only be an entry wound. This would indicate a lower-velocity bullet. But an entry wound would show blood and possibly other tissue (bone, brain, etc.) I do know of cases where GSWs to the head were missed on scene but this is because there was other severe trauma and/or mechanisms of injury present. For example, that case in the midwest where the woman who was out running looked like she'd been hit by a car but then they found she'd been shot in the head. Or the Scottish politician Willie Macrae, who was found in an apparent car wreck but when he was brought in to hospital, a nurse cleaning his hair found a bullet entry wound.

This case isn't like that.

Could he also have sustained a wound to the chest that was not fatal, but left some bleeding? Thus the error in first reports.

The coroner said he didn't believe there were multiple gunshots.

There could have been a wound to the torso. It could have been an exit wound. But it would be very unusual to have this and not see the head wound at all. And it wasn't noted in the coroner's report or by the office's statements.

There has to be an explanation for all this. I'm curious what it is because every odd case is one you can file away in your mind and maybe call on some time so that you can be more thorough in your assessments.

But he was declared at the scene...which means EMS/Paramedics attended to him at the scene.

http://file.lacounty.gov/SDSInter/dhs/206332_Ref.No.814,DeterminationofDeath_06-21-16.pdf

I’m going to go back and look at early reports to see where the first quote about upper torso came from.

There is no mention of LE calling EMS in anything I have read. I'm thinking they called the coroner & he pronounced Tristan dead. And they (LASD, park police) spoke to the media too soon & without consulting with the coroner first.

Last edited:

I've never been to a campground that's impossible to get in and out of at night. That makes no sense to me. Especially with this kind of 'urban camping'. People get ill/burned/?? and have to leave. It's hard to believe they can't get back in again. Maybe it's true though.

I've never been to a campground that's impossible to get in and out of at night. That makes no sense to me. Especially with this kind of 'urban camping'. People get ill/burned/?? and have to leave. It's hard to believe they can't get back in again. Maybe it's true though.

I haven't camped at Malibu Creek, but I have camped at many campgrounds in southern California and this sort of thing isn't uncommon. You can always exit at any time, but getting in via car isn't possible, either because of spikes or a locked gate, after certain hours.

I haven't camped at Malibu Creek, but I have camped at many campgrounds in southern California and this sort of thing isn't uncommon. You can always exit at any time, but getting in via car isn't possible, either because of spikes or a locked gate, after certain hours.
Wow. I haven't camped in S. Cal. I've camped in places where the 'in' gate closes - but people can still get in driving the wrong way through the 'out' gate.

Hi all, I’ve been following this case closely because I used to be a frequent hiker here.

I feel like these shootings could be related to illegal activity taking place in the area.

This article states that illegal marijuana farming by the cartels has become commonplace in public parklands. This would explain why the shooter(s) been able to get away without being noticed. The article even states that one of these growing operations was found 25 feet behind a Sheriff substation. Some have been found here at the park, too.

Agencies Prepare for Pot Growing Season

Can we fill in any more blanks about these shootings?

1. 11-3-16 @ 3:00 a.m. - The shooting of the wildlife biologist James Rogers in Tapia Park in a hammock while sleeping 200 yards from Malibu Canyon Road. Shotgun blast to the head. Pellets. Hit his arm that was over his head. Fired at close range.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/losang...d-shootings-calabasas-park-father-killed/amp/
https://www.google.com/amp/www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-malibu-park-shooting-20180627-story.html?outputType=amp
STATE PARK JURIS.
2. 11-9-16 ??
STATE PARK. JURIS.
3. 1-7-17 - @ 5:00 a.m. Young woman and her boyfriend sleeping in a car at the Malibu Creek Park. Heard gun shot. Found a slug in the car the next morning. Fired from 20 feet away. Would have hit her if it was an inch higher. No one injured.
Cops probe two MORE shootings at a Malibu park | Daily Mail Online
STATE PARK JURIS.
4. 6-6-17 - Shooting reported in the area. I'm not sure what, when, where.
SHERIFF JURIS.
5. 7-22-17 @ 5:30-6:00 a.m. Shooting of white, SUV type vehicle hit with shotgun pellets, on the right, rear passenger side, gas tank door hit and side back window. Location? No one injured.
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/fb_img_1530371423396-jpg.137201/
The Local Malibu
SHERIFF JURIS.
6. 7-30-17 - ??
STATE PARK JURIS.
7. 6-18-18 at 4:20 a.m. Shots fired at a Tesla? at intersection of Las Virgenes and Mulholland Highway. https://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachments/crimemapping-jpg.137206/
Bullet hit car. No one injured.
There were five shootings at and near a Malibu park over two years. Why didn't authorities alert the public until father was killed?
SHERIFF JURIS.
8. 6-22-18 @ 4:45 a.m. TB. Malibu Creek Park. Shot while inside the tent. Shot to the head. Possible two gun shot holes to tent.
STATE PARK JURIS.

I wanted to bring up Gitanas list again so we don't lose the updated version in the conversation. (I hope this is the latest version, correct me if I'm wrong). The first two in 2016 were just about a week apart, so pretty close together time wise even though we don't have any more info about the Nov 9th 2016 incident. Curious to me is the time gap of 10 1/2 months between summer 2017 and this summer. Assuming they are all related there has to be a reason why there weren't any shootings in between. From a profiling standpoint it could mean that the shooter wasn't in the area during those 10 1/2 months. (Student?) He/She could have been in jail for other offenses? Maybe there were more shootings that we just don't know about yet. The shooter works or visits the area seasonally? Are there any other reasons that were seen in other cases where there was an obvious gap in crimes but the same perpetrator that you guys can think of?

Idk...somehow my gut feeling brings up that juvenile camp again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members