CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest* #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just emailed christine@christinepelisek.com And also the Admin For websleuths. Thanks for the help

Please keep us updated. As you've seen from this thread, there's a contingent here with ties to the park and/or great sympathies for something like this occurring in such an idyllic situation. Our concern is genuine and we hope that your family finds justice and that a gorgeous state park will be safe again.

I am Tristan’s cousin looking for answers as well, and really appreciate everybody’s dedication to this case. I’m willing to talk privately to an admin to this site and answer specific questions that may help get the word out. We are have been contacting the city council to add on to the reward, but they haven’t called us back. Any other ideas on how to get the word out?

Welcome figmutant, so sorry it is under these circumstances. You are in the right place! I have flagged your post for a moderator.

Figmutant, yes, we are genuinely looking for answers. There is a really great group of people here. Please let us know in advance if you are up to and comfortable answering questions once you are verified. We don’t want to bombard you or cross any boundaries. I personally have been studying random shooting cases for several years actually, (please see my signature line for the NOCO Task Force and NOCO Serial Shooter threads as an example). My main question will be is if you suspect Tristan’s shooting to be random or targeted in your opinion. If you prefer not to answer, I totally understand and no worries or pressure!

As far as getting the word out, we can definitely help you with this. It seems you have already been provided with some help on this. Please let us know whatever we can do. Thanks again for being here and very sorry for your loss. Tristan seems like he was a wonderful person. I hope that his children are doing as best as can be expected. How are they doing?

(ETA: hey where did my signature go? It was there yesterday...)

Last edited:
Thank you. I am GB. 2 weeks older than Tristan. His dad is my dad’s brother. Tristan far right. My sister far left. Me next to her - with the ears.

<modsnipped changed full name to initials>

Attachments

• 07D3E5B5-0637-426F-BC07-D3AA7F9BA709.jpeg
    07D3E5B5-0637-426F-BC07-D3AA7F9BA709.jpeg
    63.3 KB · Views: 164
Last edited by a moderator:
Figmutant, yes, we are genuinely looking for answers. There is a really great group of people here. Please let us know in advance if you are up to and comfortable answering questions once you are verified. We don’t want to bombard you or cross any boundaries. I personally have been studying random shooting cases for several years actually, (please see my signature line for the NOCO Task Force and NOCO Serial Shooter threads as an example). My main question will be is if you suspect Tristan’s shooting to be random or targeted in your opinion. If you prefer not to answer, I totally understand and no worries or pressure!

As far as getting the word out, we can definitely help you with this. It seems you have already been provided with some help on this. Please let us know whatever we can do. Thanks again for being here and very sorry for your loss. Tristan seems like he was a wonderful person. I hope that his children are doing as best as can be expected.

(ETA: hey where did my signature go?)

I feel like it was random.

In February 2018, the California State Parks rangers who serve on the Resource Protection Peace Officers Association (RPPOA) board met to discuss 'major public safety concerns' to park visitors and employees and a perceived 'lack of concern' by State Parks management.

Crime in California State Parks and the need for more rangers

“We are at the breaking point,” said RPPOA Treasurer Nathan Smith. “We are spread thinner and thinner at a time when park visitation is up. We can’t respond in a timely manner and we don’t have the safety equipment.”

and:

park visitors should be asking the California Department of Parks and Recreation are:
  • Where are the rangers?
  • What is the minimal staffing at a given park?
  • Will my call to 911 be answered?
  • What is the typical response time?
  • Can I take my family to this park and feel safe?
This conference was in February, just months before the Malibu Creek homicide. From what the RRPOA members (who are full police officers under CA law) are saying, this starts to sound like an incident waiting to happen.

Wait a minute.. opportunity..distance..the type of weapon used..the distance theorised ..shooter from victim..(and how would a sniper be able to pick off someone..in the head from a distance ..would it not require alot of hiking about in alot of darkness..was the tent open..could one see a persons silhouette from a distance? And then too,investigators ..if the theory is a sniper..need to recreate scene and ascertain perhaps at which point,hilltop,whatever would a sniper have been likely to be shooting from..and would the light or lack of light at time of shooting not only prove to be problematic..or not..would hiking around to reach that point,hilltop or whatever be easy to reach with minimal light ..easy to flee ..) would a powerful weapon ..ie shotgun echo in the campground? and cause such a loud noise as to roust everybody? ..I feel somehow that this shooting was not related to the other reports of shots fired.i believe that this was by someone whom the victim knew.i believe that ( I am not blaming victim!)..I believe that the person responsible was someone he worked with who he had a profound affect on both their personal and professional life..I am curious to know when was he discovered shot?and how and by whom?were his two daughters crying and in fear approached neighboring campers for help?did anyone hear the shots and then suddenly discover him shot? Was there anything extraordinarily strange or unusual about anyone or anything at that campsite ..weeks ,days,hours,whatever ..prior to shooting?are there any homes located close by in which a sniper could employ their expertise or weaponry from..
This is my own assumption, but given that LE didn't realize TB had been shot in the head means the caliber of weapon needed for a sniper is unlikely. For lack of a better way to word it...there wouldn't be much of his head left with a sniper-style rifle. The head shot would be apparent immediately.

I just checked the map for gun ranges and found this one to be around 9 miles or 11 minutes away from the campsite by car.
Home | Authentic Israeli Self Defense Shooting School in Westlake Village - Israeli Tactical Academy
Assuming that the shooter lives (or works) at least temporarily in the area or has done so in the past to feel comfortable around the park area at night there might be a slight chance that he has used this shooting range. It says on the homepage that you can bring your own shotgun for example. Maybe police could find out more asking around up there. Anybody used this shooting range in the past year plus that seemed suspicious. Anybody with a shotgun of the certain caliber used on the sleeping couple or the Tesla? Whatever caliber used in TB's case that they would know. At a minimum maybe they could call LE or keep some shell casings if something seems suspicious?

I just checked the map for gun ranges and found this one to be around 9 miles or 11 minutes away from the campsite by car.
Home | Authentic Israeli Self Defense Shooting School in Westlake Village - Israeli Tactical Academy
Assuming that the shooter lives (or works) at least temporarily in the area or has done so in the past to feel comfortable around the park area at night there might be a slight chance that he has used this shooting range. It says on the homepage that you can bring your own shotgun for example. Maybe police could find out more asking around up there. Anybody used this shooting range in the past year plus that seemed suspicious. Anybody with a shotgun of the certain caliber used on the sleeping couple or the Tesla? Whatever caliber used in TB's case that they would know. At a minimum maybe they could call LE or keep some shell casings if something seems suspicious?
This is a good line of thinking. If the caliber of the weapon isn't being released because it is less common, the range employees would be aware of someone coming in with a weapon that shoots that caliber. The ranges I'm familiar with allow you to bring your own weapon, but you have to buy the ammo from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member