CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither hunting nor firearms discharge are legal in my city, either. Doesn't stop people. My neighbor with the shotgun told me a shotgun loaded with rock salt isn't really a firearm. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

But since you live there and I don't, I'll defer to your knowledge.

I don't live in the canyon though. Just in So Cal. But I've been camping/hiking/driving similar canyons my whole life, in the area.

Gunfire is common in cities at holidays, and would not be as jarring near ranches. But still, at night, unless sit's near where hunting occurs, people tend to sit up and take notice.

Well I hope you guys aren’t right. That takes things from someone being stupid and perhaps heated or thrill seeking to a calculated murder that was chosen to be in the presence of his children. This whole thing is messed up but the thought that someone planned and chose to murder him while laying next to his sleeping children, is a little more than I can bear.
I want to hear -an arrest has been made - so badly.

Or I should say one arrest for TB's murder, and 1-7 arrests for the randon shooting.

Last edited:
With all the info/facts that we have I'm going to go with 80% Random and 20% targeted (hit).

Facts: 8 Random shootings in approx same area.

I do think a hit is possible. Won't rule it out yet, but we don't have anything-including rumors about his relationships- family, previous work, or friends being strained. If I saw more facts or even rumors leaning in this direction my guess would be different.

I want to hear -an arrest has been made - so badly.
Me too. Or even just a description of a possible suspect to know they have something concrete. I worry that they have nothing and that's why they're being so quiet. They're embarrassed at how they handled the previous shootings and don't want to face the public since they have nothing. I hope I'm wrong.

Well I hope you guys aren’t right. That takes things from someone being stupid and perhaps heated or thrill seeking to a calculated murder that was chosen to be in the presence of his children. This whole thing is messed up but the thought that someone planned and chose to murder him while laying next to his sleeping children, is a little more than I can bear.
Remember though, ppl who choose to commit these crimes have no morals. So what horrifies us is perfectly ok for them. JMO

Me too. Or even just a description of a possible suspect to know they have something concrete. I worry that they have nothing and that's why they're being so quiet. They're embarrassed at how they handled the previous shootings and don't want to face the public since they have nothing. I hope I'm wrong.
I think they have something and actively investigating the situation. They just haven't figured out the motive part yet.

With all the info/facts that we have I'm going to go with 80% Random and 20% targeted (hit).

Facts: 8 Random shootings in approx same area.

I do think a hit is possible. Won't rule it out yet, but we don't have anything-including rumors about his relationships- family, previous work, or friends being strained. If I saw more facts or even rumors leaning in this direction my guess would be different.

With so many people certain with a high probability, of a hit, I feel like I'm missing something glaring.

My untrained ideas. Social/environmental factors that make me suspect this was planned in advance: 1) big life change upcoming -- leaving SoCal; 2) opportunity to get a suburban person in a semi-rural setting in the dark when he is relatively helpless. Yes, I know I could be very wrong....just my feeling. Don't make me defend.

My untrained ideas. Social/environmental factors that make me suspect this was planned in advance: 1) big life change upcoming -- leaving SoCal; 2) opportunity to get a suburban person in a semi-rural setting in the dark when he is relatively helpless. Yes, I know I could be very wrong....just my feeling. Don't make me defend.
He was very experienced in the wilderness/outdoors and would've been comfortable and felt at home while camping in a state park. Not unfamiliar at all.

Can you elaborate? How?

Just what I said in my earlier post, about the campground being visible from a lot of higher areas within reach of a high-powered rifle. Obviously if the murder weapon isn't a high-powered rifle, that would change my opinion :D

I don't necessarily think that it did happen. Only that it could have. We don't have enough information to say anything definitively.

CA-Mystery Surrounds Malibu Creek State Park Shooting Death Of Tristan Beaudette, 35 #2

I meant relatively exposed, sleeping outside. Just my feelings.
Hmmm. He was inside his tent and other people were nearby. I see it as a high-risk situation for someone to carry out a hit. Knowing his time of death might make a difference though - shot so close to sunrise adds to the risk of being spotted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003