CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m still in the “random” boat but that is something I hadn’t thought of and would get the desired effect. Although, I’m sure LE has his phone. If they don’t, and he had it with him, that could explain the insistence that the other shootings aren’t related.

Except not once has LE insisted the shootings are unrelated. They just said they have no evidence of a connection but are investigating.

Ya'll do we still have the private message feature in the new format?
Private messages are referred to as 'conversations' now. You can invite up to 5 members for a 'conversation' (similar to instant messenger). The discourse is totally private and cannot be monitored by moderators or admin. Therefore, you can discuss theories that cannot be posted on the open board because they violate TOS.

Maybe we should collaborate on a list of things we would like to know.

1. Time of shooting.
2. How many shots.
3. Kind of ammo.
4. Sounds if any heard by witnesses before or after.
5. Was he found with a light on when shot.
6. Foot prints near the tent?
7. Was the zipper open when BIL found him?
8. What caused BIL to go to TB's tent.

So how did the shooter gain entrance without anyone hearing the loud zipper sound?

It's super quiet at campsites like that. His BIL's tent was feet away. They both had young children so likely weren't buzzed and likely would've been more subconsciously alert for sound.

Wouldn't a murderer think it would be too risky making such a sound before shooting, alerting the occupants of the tent who might then see who was there or yell or whatever, and alerting the occupants of the other tent who would then hear the shot go off after already being awake, thus causing the shooter to be risked being seen?

I'm trying to figure this out.
Here's another question from an inexperiencedcamper.:

The 2 year old:
wakes and needs to have her diapers changed. You'd definitely need a light for that. Where do you put the dirty diapers?
The 4 year old. I'm guessing the 4 yr old was out of diapers. So say they wake up and need to go to the bathroom? Do you slog them in the dark to the latrines or do you let them do it somewhere in the woods? Would you need to tote both kids because you don't want to leave the 2 year old alone?
Camping alone with little kids sounds difficult....and not much fun.

But wouldn't LE know by now if he made or received a call at that time? It would change from possibly random to definitely a targeted hit. moo
What about if his phone rang but the caller rang off before he answered it. Would an unanswered call show up as a call? I don't use a cell phone that's why I ask.

If anybody that feels in their gut this is a hit and has reasons why, I'd like to know the reasons. This case is baffling.

Many things point to a hit for me and it just does not add up to a random incident. Campgrounds have no security systems like most other places have these days which makes it a great opportunity. Its only a matter of time that campgrounds will get updated. Nothing is peaceful anymore.

Here's another question from an inexperiencedcamper.:

The 2 year old:
wakes and needs to have her diapers changed. You'd definitely need a light for that. Where do you put the dirty diapers?
The 4 year old. I'm guessing the 4 yr old was out of diapers. So say they wake up and need to go to the bathroom? Do you slog them in the dark to the latrines or do you let them do it somewhere in the woods? Would you need to tote both kids because you don't want to leave the 2 year old alone?
Camping alone with little kids sounds difficult....and not much fun.
Oh, I disagree! But I know it's not for everyone. :)

Except not once has LE insisted the shootings are unrelated. They just said they have no evidence of a connection but are investigating.
”You’re correct, insistence was the wrong word, LE has stated facts and the media ran with it. If they do not have his phone, and it should’ve been at the crime scene... it would be much easier for LE to pursue other avenues away from the previous shootings. However, why would DB(bro) say he thought it was a potential accidental, horizontal shot and came from a distance, but leave out a missing cell phone detail? In my experience, LE is usually tight lipped until they have something concrete. Which I think we are all reeling from currently.
Investigators Stumped In Scientist's Mysterious Killing At Calabasas Campground

Private messages are referred to as 'conversations' now. You can invite up to 5 members for a 'conversation' (similar to instant messenger). The discourse is totally private and cannot be monitored by moderators or admin. Therefore, you can discuss theories that cannot be posted on the open board because they violate TOS.

Thank you!

Hey guys, apologies if this was posted before today (I didn't check pages 2-4 of the new thread). Did anyone see the new Facebook post today from The Local Malibu? To summarize, it says that unrelated or not, there is still a shooter or shooters out there, and the most dangerous time to be in the canyon or passing through is between 3am and 6am.

So...definitely still a threat to the public. Sounds like there was also a conference scheduled by LE yesterday but homicide dept called it off last minute.

Considering it has been 48 hours since that site said a specific description would be released, I don't consider it reliable. moo

What I was getting to, I think, are the
steps taken to caring for two toddlers and how he may have had to leave his tent more than once.
Considering that he was shot within the tent, what are you suggesting? That his tent was identifiable from a distance without the shooter knowing his location beforehand?

”You’re correct, insistence was the wrong word, LE has stated facts and the media ran with it. If they do not have his phone, and it should’ve been at the crime scene... it would be much easier for LE to pursue other avenues away from the previous shootings. However, why would DB(bro) say he thought it was a potential accidental, horizontal shot and came from a distance, but leave out a missing cell phone detail? In my experience, LE is usually tight lipped until they have something concrete. Which I think we are all reeling from currently.
Investigators Stumped In Scientist's Mysterious Killing At Calabasas Campground

I don't know. People don't always say everything they know. Especially when traumatized.

I don't know. People don't always say everything they know. Especially when traumatized.
Valid. I’m sort of confused about the brothers interview anyways. When in a traumatic state, things could be left out. But I do think if LE didn’t have his phone, and contacted the carrier to look at calls or texts and saw their was one, they would appease the community and alleviate the fear that is taking place. This was an “outside job and not related to the previous shootings” type of press conference. As well as open the campground. The simple fact that it is still closed, leads me to believe they aren’t sure or don’t have a lead. A missing cellphone with a 4am call would be a lead.

What I was getting to, I think, are the
steps taken to caring for two toddlers and how he may have had to leave his tent more than once.
I was only disagreeing with the part about it not being fun. Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member