CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I’ve been playing in google satellite. I think I have read they were in spot 49 & 51 which is in the NE of the campgrounds.

I pulled up my maps in satellite view and I think I found the camp based on the camping map.

Zooming out I see what appears to be a pull off Las Virgenes Rd SE of the campground.

Otherwise it seems pretty sparse in the hills. There is the Malibu Hindu temple across the street.

Going to check out the David Gonzalez Camp school to the south, some sort of summer camp would go with the summer shootings.

Can’t get my images to load so will load them below.

Adding to your map
View attachment 136991 upload_2018-6-27_18-24-51.jpeg

Attachments

• 19B13285-01A7-40A7-AC10-3020A8DB69AC.png
    19B13285-01A7-40A7-AC10-3020A8DB69AC.png
    395.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Marking up my satellite views seems to have worked. Yellow is the Hindu Temple, Red is the pull off and Blue is the entrance to the possibly defunct Juvenile Court Camp.

Attachments

• BEF9E97E-DC92-4525-BF0A-81ADCF2B3FF2.jpeg
    BEF9E97E-DC92-4525-BF0A-81ADCF2B3FF2.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 44
Marking up my satellite views seems to have worked. Yellow is the Hindu Temple, Red is the pull off and Blue is the entrance to the possibly defunct Juvenile Court Camp.

Can you do that with marks for where he was camping and add in the parking lot for Tapia park?

We used to try and get our favorite camp site location by number when making reservations for San Clemente. You can make a request.
I would like to know who made their reservation - and how long ago.
June used to get really booked up early.

Can you do that with marks for where he was camping and add in the parking lot for Tapia park?

I’m not positive on his camping spot but the green should be close. Tapia Park appears to be south of the Boys camp. Gonzalez Camp School has a Facebook page that had activity in 2017.

Disgruntled parent, former student? I can’t imagine them allowing firearms on school grounds. My husband suggested they are running contraband through the area to the camp hence the shooting of the biologist, the car shootings to scare people off. I’d like to think the situation is well controlled but now a days who knows.

Green circle is the area for camping where TB was shot. Yellow is the Hindu Temple where the body killed at another location and dumped near. Red is the pull off spot on the road where I thought maybe someone could park for access. Blue is the Boys Camp and Tapia Park is the marker.

Attachments

• 41810D23-A911-4783-8FAE-6904AD8407F9.jpeg
    41810D23-A911-4783-8FAE-6904AD8407F9.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
I’m not positive on his camping spot but the green should be close. Tapia Park appears to be south of the Boys camp. Gonzalez Camp School has a Facebook page that had activity in 2017.

Disgruntled parent, former student? I can’t imagine them allowing firearms on school grounds.

Thank you soo much for this!! Can you tell us what colors are for what?

Some posts were removed or snipped. Please be mindful of the following:

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed.

Rules - Etiquette & Information

Bumping up my post from earlier in the thread. Seems some missed it. Continuing to disregard this rule may result in the issuing of warning points which when accrued may result in the loss of posting privileges.

Is there anyone else in the industry with the name Beaudette? There are some strains of an Avian virus that are named for Beaudette and I'm curious if it's TB or not?

I need a reminder of what TB was working on...was it something to do with proteins and vaccines? I think it might have been, in which case this is probably our TB.

This is the link to the thumbnail from the Google image search I did (I don't think the initial search term is relevant as that was a drug for migraines, and this results is about vaccines)

AGN-241689 Beaudette - Google Search:

ETA I can't really see anything like this being behind TB's death, but it seemed worth taking a quick look at the angle just in case there could be a possible motive there....

ETA maybe the strain isn't named after TB but someone else with the same name. It just seemed a coincidence that it had to do with proteins and vaccine research.

Some of the articles have mentioned that TB's brother is also a scientist. I don't know if they're in the same field, however.

The name is real familiar. I keep thinking I've run across it somewhere before and can't quite place it.

Scary! For me that would be more of a possibility here if it was hunting season in a hunting area.

Not legal hunting, but just before first light would be the ideal time for a poacher wanting to bag an illegal deer. The animals are out and nobody else is.

Other people who are out at that hour: fisherfolk wanting to get to a favorite spot by sunrise, photographers looking for sunrise photos.

Disgruntled parent, former student? I can’t imagine them allowing firearms on school grounds. My husband suggested they are running contraband through the area to the camp hence the shooting of the biologists, the car shootings to scare people off. I’d like to think the situation is well controlled but now a days who knows.

Green circle is the area for camping where TB was shot. Yellow is the Hindu Temple where the body killed at another location and dumped near. Red is the pull off spot on the road where I thought maybe someone could park for access. Blue is the Boys Camp and Tapia Park is the marker.

That is very helpful. Someone who knows the park well could easily navigate the area.

There is a trail that winds from the Tapia Park parking lot, past two camping areas, to the camping area you circled where TB was when shot. It would take 41 minutes to get there on foot. Tapia Park is apparently actually a part of Malibu Creek State Park. I believe it;s called Tapia Spur Trail. It is a single track and seems to be wooded in many parts maybe?

It would be hard to navigate at night without a light unless you had night vision or knew it very, very well. But it would also be a good way to get from the camp site to a waiting vehicle without detection.

Ugh, my kind of place. I love it. I would love to hike there. It's not one I've done yet. That's going to wait now.

Tapia Spur Trail Hiking Trail, Malibu Beach, California

Tapia Spur Trail - Trails - Los Angeles County

Google Maps

Not legal hunting, but just before first light would be the ideal time for a poacher wanting to bag an illegal deer. The animals are out and nobody else is.

Other people who are out at that hour: fisherfolk wanting to get to a favorite spot by sunrise, photographers looking for sunrise photos.

I'm looking at probabilities. Since there is no legal hunting anywhere around and I've never heard of any issues with poaching in the area, it's seems a remote possibility, especially when compared with the coincidences of random shootings in the area.

I mean these are not vast tracts of wilderness lands, in which someone could go out hunting, get by vehicle to a remote area where no one would hear them shoot a gun, and they could drag a deer to a vehicle and tie it down in a truck bed or whatever without worrying about detection. Most of the roads deeper into the wilderness are locked at night. The parking lots are close to well-traveled roads and there are tons of people at the campgrounds in June.

Maybe this has been said, but according to the LA Times, the first responders were told by campers that they believed the shot came from a distance and entered the campground. What are the chances of being hit in the head while laying down in a tent, from a distance?
Mystery at Malibu Creek park: Who killed father at campground, and is it connected to other shootings?

Good question! Seems odd!! Maybe like someone said he heard the first shot (brother in law says there were two holes in the tent) and then sat up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!