CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, 22 June 2018 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious. Would "The Local Malibu" be considered MSM? I see one writer. (Not saying that's bad.)
Is this more than a personal blog site?

Is there any mention of the killing at all on their website yet, even giving out basic facts?

ETA: I should add, that it seems like good reporting so far.

Ok so the Local Malibu magazine just released on their Twitter that they were hearing from inside sources that a description of the shooter will be released soon by law enforcement. It's a pretty specific description and they will wait to release until they have solid information. Sounds like progress is being made.

Whoa!!

About the voluntary detention center... the previous shooting dates released, November 3 2016 (birdshot victim,) was a Thursday. The couple in their car is an unknown January date 2017, June 6 2017 was a Tuesday and July 22 2017 was a Saturday, June 18 2018 was a Monday. TB was killed last Friday. What are the check in and out times on Friday and Monday? Depending on time of check out, at least a few of these shootings could be detention center occupants “spending their weekends” in the woods. I’m also not sure how easy it is to check out for an errand or sneak out of this place. Just a thought, considering the closeness of location.
Can anyone help me with editing the previous post? I’m pretty sure admin was talking about me about linking an article. Father killed at Malibu campground was shot in head, coroner says

Am I the only one who thinks it's odd that they kept reporting that he died from a gunshot wound to the chest/upper torso (depending on the source) but on Wednesday, the coroner's report said that he died of a bullet to the head? After calling the ME's office, they confirmed the bullet announcement from Wednesday but said that they are now under order not to discuss anything. Apparently the order came after the announcement. They would neither confirm nor deny the shot to the upper torso. Someone had posted there were two holes in the tent. Perhaps he was shot twice.

It is. I was shocked. Despite the map I had it in my mind on the other side of the road.

Disgruntled worker due to the closing?
Perhaps someone(s) who participated in the program before it closed. Or, it could be a person or persons who actually lives in the Boo. Have to wait and see, I guess...

Does anyone else see what looks like a hole in the top of the tent? It’s closer to the front entrance

Attachments

• 345071E8-F73F-40BD-8141-5221076008B1.jpeg
    345071E8-F73F-40BD-8141-5221076008B1.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 107
Have spent the better part of the day reviewing this thread. Some thoughts: I'm an LA resident and one thing I’ve found: parks like these may have the illusion of being secluded, safe areas, but they are really just an extension of the rest of the city. You can literally have a pizza delivered to Malibu Creek State Park. It's not far removed from the rest of the city at all. This means the shooter could be anyone: a person who lives nearby. A homeless person who camps out in the area. A person who drove up from the city. Or, even another camper (although I'm guessing LE has ruled that out by now).

The campground is easily accessible. It’s basically a stone's throw from the main road, which is the only road in the area that connects Pacific Coast Highway with the 101 freeway. You could park on the road and walk right in if you wanted to (in fact, many people do park up on Mulholland to avoid the $12 parking fee if coming to hike during the day).

IMO, we can rule out an accidental shooting by an illegal hunter. Although a mountain lion was poached nearby in the Santa Monica mountains earlier in the decade, I think it’s highly unlikely that anyone illegally hunting would be so careless as to shoot into a major campground.

The fact that the campground has been closed indefinitely “to ensure public safety” (as per MCSP’s website) leads me to believe this WASN'T a targeted hit job.

Very happy to hear there is more information that is going to be released soon.

great post!

All overnight camping at Malibu Creek State Park was suspended at least through next Thursday, June 28, according to California State Parks Angeles District Superintendent Craig Sap. The closure would not affect day use areas such as hiking trails.

Updated: Man Shot Dead in Malibu Creek State Park Friday Morning

So the hiking trails are still open.... JMO, sounds like they (LE) have an idea what happened if they are still letting ppl hike....

Am I the only one who thinks it's odd that they kept reporting that he died from a gunshot wound to the chest/upper torso (depending on the source) but on Wednesday, the coroner's report said that he died of a bullet to the head? After calling the ME's office, they confirmed the bullet announcement from Wednesday but said that they are now under order not to discuss anything. Apparently the order came after the announcement. They would neither confirm nor deny the shot to the upper torso. Someone had posted there were two holes in the tent. Perhaps he was shot twice.

I agree that is really odd. Even witnesses would see where it was. I wonder why the discrepancy.

I saw some questions about the a friend set up. Lots of ridicule about it online elsewhere.

This couple seems young in their careers. She was taking a test so maybe not completely practicing yet?

Scientists don't make as much as people think although private sector does better than academics.

They likely have incredible student loans.

They were in the middle of moving so they likely are low on savings.

She just lost half the family income.

Funerals are expensive.

When your spouse gets murdered it's kind of hard to work.

I'm always shocked by how many people find 's in these situations to be greedy or suspicious.

These are the worst times in a person's life. No ability to function. Tremendous loss of income.

These cooperative funding sites can make things a tiny bit easier on traumatized, grieving people as they navigate the hellish reality they're in.

In days past people indeed bought casseroles but they also watched kids, sometimes for weeks, collected money to help with funeral costs and chipped in on work that needed to be done like home repair, livestock handling, and harvesting.

Nowadays there are many funds for the families of LE who are killed. They get paid well, and have good life insurnace typically. But I don't hear people complain about their funds often.

It makes me sad that these funds are what people chose to focus on at a time like this.

For this family, their lives are destroyed right now. The monies are a ray of hope. It saddens me how that can be criticized or scrutinized.

Detectives are examining the shootings but haven't determined whether there are any similarities between those incidents and last week's fatal shooting.

"We're digging into it," McDonnell said. "There were a number of incidents but they were over an extended period of time. The pattern at this point certainly is not clear, if there is one at all."

Beaudette, a pharmaceutical scientist, had taken his daughters on a final camping trip in Los Angeles before the family moved to the San Francisco Bay Area when he was killed in front of them, his family said in a post on . Coroner's officials said he died of a single gunshot wound to the head.

His wife was preparing to take an exam and wasn't with them.

Detectives are still examining "whatever trajectory indications they can find and a number of other tests that will be conducted on the victim," McDonnell said.

Dad killed next to young daughters at Southern California campground shot in head

Since there were two shootings there in the last week, it sounds like a nut with a gun! If these two other shootings were known to people, they would certainly have not camped there.

Since there were two shootings there in the last week, it sounds like a nut with a gun! If these two other shootings were known to people, they would certainly have not camped there.
LE is probably hoping these shootings aren't connected because it looks bad on them. They should've taken this more seriously before the murder/murders.

Detectives are examining the shootings but haven't determined whether there are any similarities between those incidents and last week's fatal shooting.

"We're digging into it," McDonnell said. "There were a number of incidents but they were over an extended period of time. The pattern at this point certainly is not clear, if there is one at all."

Beaudette, a pharmaceutical scientist, had taken his daughters on a final camping trip in Los Angeles before the family moved to the San Francisco Bay Area when he was killed in front of them, his family said in a post on . Coroner's officials said he died of a single gunshot wound to the head.

His wife was preparing to take an exam and wasn't with them.

Detectives are still examining "whatever trajectory indications they can find and a number of other tests that will be conducted on the victim," McDonnell said.

Dad killed next to young daughters at Southern California campground shot in head

Anything is possible...intentional hit or a sp terrorizing a campsite

IMO TB tent looks like it's could be a 2 "separate" room tent like the REI Kingdom 8 Co-op Tent: REI Co-op Kingdom 8 Tent or maybe REI Kingdom 6 Co-op Tent: REI Co-op Kingdom 6 Tent .
The tent has a center divider that can be closed or not. Could even be a 2-family tent using the center divider and where each side has own entrance. (Note: REI now has update version of tent which are not color-coded).
So if this is similar to tent TB had, there could be a fatal shot to TB without the kids viewing or seeing TB bleeding if the center divider was being used.
Here's TB image on CBS: California father killed while camping with daughters

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members