GUILTY CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, died, 22 June 2018 *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wonderful news. I hope it brings some measure of comfort to the families affected.

It will be interesting to learn the timeline of all his crimes. I have a feeling it will be one of those "if only" cases. Like, if only one thing had been done differently with an earlier, lesser crime, Tristan would still be alive.

Sleeping outdoors with a rifle, murder suspect stalked Malibu for years, officials say
  • Rauda was restrained in a chair and said little during a brief court appearance in Van Nuys on Monday. His bail was set at $1.1 million. Rauda did not enter a plea and his hearing was continued until Jan. 22.
  • Rauda was also charged with two counts of attempted murder in connection with Beaudette’s death, as the victim’s young daughters were sleeping nearby.
  • The suspect’s weapon of choice also changed over the course of his alleged attacks, the officials said. He employed a shotgun in the 2016 shootings but began using a rifle afterward.
  • Rauda has a lengthy criminal record, including multiple convictions for illegal weapons possession in Los Angeles and Ventura counties, court records show. He previously lived in Florida and Texas, where he was convicted of assault, according to court records.
  • ...a spokesman for the Ventura County Sheriff’s Office, said Rauda had been arrested several times in their jurisdiction and was once found illegally carrying a handgun.

I think he is a paranoid person who wanted to scare people off coming near what he had decided was his home.

Yes. Here is how his relatives described him:

A close family member said the 42-year-old Rauda had lived in the Hills for 10 years. He was afraid of people, the family member said.

"He doesn't talk to people a lot. He is a loner," the family member said. "He just likes to be alone."

"When he was arrested in the jail when I went to visit him, he was all bruised up," the family member added. "He said he got jumped."

Calabasas burglary suspect described by family member as reclusive

And here is how we can see that perps often leave their family in the dark, don't let them see the real scenario:

"I don't think Anthony would do that. I don't know him as a violent person," the family member said. "I know that the only weapon that he would carry is a knife, which he uses to camp out."

The family member says deputies had Rauda in custody about four months ago for trespassing, but he was released before anyone could go see him.

Authorities said Rauda is linked to six break-ins in the last three months, mostly outbuildings that were not occupied.

His family said they did not know that Rauda had weapons charges on his record, that most of his offenses were petty and that he steered clear of conflict.

"He's always been accused of things, that is what he claims," the family member said. "That is because he is out all alone."

I think he is a paranoid person who wanted to scare people off coming near what he had decided was his home.
I’m thinking along those lines, too: That in his mind, others were invading his territory. Perhaps he even felt threatened.

I am willing to speculate there may be a mental health aspect to the crimes Rauda is being accused of committing. To what degree, I don’t know.

Ted Kaczynski, who spent 25 years living as a recluse in in the Montana wilderness, was diagnosed as having paranoid schizophrenia by several psychiatrists and psychologists after his arrest. Talking about his favorite spot, he once said in an interview:

It was about a two days' hike from my cabin. That was the best spot until the summer of 1983. That summer there were too many people around my cabin so I decided I needed some peace. I went back to the plateau and when I got there I found they had put a road right through the middle of it ... You just can't imagine how upset I was. It was from that point on I decided that, rather than trying to acquire further wilderness skills, I would work on getting back at the system. Revenge.

Maybe Rauda had somewhat similar thoughts.

Terrorism, Resentment and the Unabomber
tedk

Yes. Here is how his relatives described him:

A close family member said the 42-year-old Rauda had lived in the Hills for 10 years. He was afraid of people, the family member said.

"He doesn't talk to people a lot. He is a loner," the family member said. "He just likes to be alone."

"When he was arrested in the jail when I went to visit him, he was all bruised up," the family member added. "He said he got jumped."

Calabasas burglary suspect described by family member as reclusive

And here is how we can see that perps often leave their family in the dark, don't let them see the real scenario:

"I don't think Anthony would do that. I don't know him as a violent person," the family member said. "I know that the only weapon that he would carry is a knife, which he uses to camp out."

The family member says deputies had Rauda in custody about four months ago for trespassing, but he was released before anyone could go see him.

Authorities said Rauda is linked to six break-ins in the last three months, mostly outbuildings that were not occupied.

His family said they did not know that Rauda had weapons charges on his record, that most of his offenses were petty and that he steered clear of conflict.

"He's always been accused of things, that is what he claims," the family member said. "That is because he is out all alone."

He needed help, years ago. Thankfully, he won’t shoot another innocent person.

I’m thinking along those lines, too: That in his mind, others were invading his territory. Perhaps he even felt threatened.

I am willing to speculate there may be a mental health aspect to the crimes Rauda is being accused of committing. To what degree, I don’t know.

Ted Kaczynski, who spent 25 years living as a recluse in in the Montana wilderness, was diagnosed as having paranoid schizophrenia by several psychiatrists and psychologists after his arrest. Talking about his favorite spot, he once said in an interview:

It was about a two days' hike from my cabin. That was the best spot until the summer of 1983. That summer there were too many people around my cabin so I decided I needed some peace. I went back to the plateau and when I got there I found they had put a road right through the middle of it ... You just can't imagine how upset I was. It was from that point on I decided that, rather than trying to acquire further wilderness skills, I would work on getting back at the system. Revenge.

Maybe Rauda had somewhat similar thoughts.

Terrorism, Resentment and the Unabomber
tedk

He did remind me of the Unabomber. But I don't think he's as intelligent.

This guy is creepy looking & has evidently led a most bizarre life. Just watched a clip of his court appearance on HLN. Wow.
Why do I see ad seg’ in his future?
IMO, he’s in deep need of help.....
What an incredibly tragic story.

Oh good! I read this the other day and meant to come over here, but then Jayme was found. I thought for sure there would be a lot more posts here. Sort of glad there isn't! I got caught up! :)

Anyone here that can find the Case# for this? That way I don't have to pay a fee to look for his court hearings. I know he's due in court on 1/22.

TIA! :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back