GUILTY CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, died, 22 June 2018 *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
According to the Local Malibu Facebook Page
The Local Malibu is very excited to head out with New Yorker magazine today to various locations mentioned in our articles RE shootings and missing persons. The New Yorker is doing a series of radio programs (they started radio a few years ago) on what’s happening here in our area keeping a national spotlight on these stories that will hopefully lead to solving some of these crimes...

Too bad the Local is so sketchy in its reporting. Their coverage isn't just disappointing, it's full of errors and in frequent need of 'updates', which seem to cause more confusion.

Hopefully the New Yorker crew will see through the fog and get some facts out there.

You mean hunters accidentally discharged their weapon somehow? How many times would they have had to do that? Would they not have stopped doing that after the first one or two accidents?

I am shocked. Tristan's thread #1 was the first thread I ever added to my "watch list". I took a little break and then added a bunch of others to my list. I didn't notice that thread #1 was closed, I just thought interest had completely dropped. Today I realized I missed ALL of thread #2. Skimming through the last couple of pages I am SO sad to see even though I missed all of thread #2 I basically missed nothing. SO many unknowns, no progress, no new facts, nothing from LE. His poor family, I cannot imagine what they're going through. Sadly I too now do not think this case will ever be solved unless shooter decides to come forward.

ETA: this is NOT to say yall aren't doing a great job!! I do plan on reading through more of thread #2 to see what yall have been playing around with. It's incredible that you're on thread #3 in spite of the lack of new information from LE

You mean hunters accidentally discharged their weapon somehow? How many times would they have had to do that? Would they not have stopped doing that after the first one or two accidents?

I think they mean multiple incidents with different hunters. We have a couple of those a year in the wooded area behind our development, mostly kids being careless.

I could buy that if it wasn't that they were all earlier in the morning than hunters are usually around.

About the 911 call and the waiting for a call back...I lived in this same dispatch area for 17 yrs, until just recently.

I called 911 several times, and never had to leave a message. That only happens if you call the non-emergency number.

I did get a busy signal a couple of times though. Pretty frustrating. But both of those times we were surrounded by wildfires, and once the fire was moving through the same canyon we are speaking about in this case.

Decoding What's Inside Your Car's Black Box | Edmunds

BMWs made in the last 5-8 years have sophisticated event data recorders, fuel efficiency monitoring systems, and other advanced onboard tools. These can be informative in assessing how car was being operated, number of people in front seats and other circumstances immediately before a mechanical incident or accident. BMW's record a short sample of this data even if airbags are not deployed. If privacy laws don't restrict it, accessing this information might be useful in verifying assumptions, conditions, establishing better timeline, checking what devices were registered to car's blue tooth, gps(?) saved contact info/preferred routes/recent destinations...

Beaudette was killed early on the morning of June 22 while he was sleeping in a tent at the campground. A coroner’s office spokesman said the man died from a single gunshot wound to the head before sheriff’s investigators placed a security hold on any more information about his death.

Investigators: Shooting of Irvine father in Malibu Creek State Park not ‘gang-related,’ but details still sparse – Daily News

There's also a report he was shot in the torso. My take on it is he was shot twice with the headshot being fatal. It would appear at some point he may have been standing s one of the bullet holes was a few feet from the bottom of the tent.

Too bad the Local is so sketchy in its reporting. Their coverage isn't just disappointing, it's full of errors and in frequent need of 'updates', which seem to cause more confusion.

Hopefully the New Yorker crew will see through the fog and get some facts out there.

I'm reading through some of their other reports and it seems they have an axe to grind with the Lost Hills LE. They are taking certain liberties to attempt to connect several deaths, murders and missing people together and then try to blame LE for either attempting to cover it up or not doing anything about it.

About the 911 call and the waiting for a call back...I lived in this same dispatch area for 17 yrs, until just recently.

I called 911 several times, and never had to leave a message. That only happens if you call the non-emergency number.

I did get a busy signal a couple of times though. Pretty frustrating. But both of those times we were surrounded by wildfires, and once the fire was moving through the same canyon we are speaking about in this case.

Reading the person's message to the reporter doesn't pass the smell test for me. Ok, so maybe he called 911. So once he knew he was safe, why not call police directly? Fill out a police report? He waits a whole day and messages a reporter only to tell his story and then ask for a recommendation for a cop. WTH??

Is there finally some movement on this case?

Armed Burglar Sought for Questioning in Malibu Park Slaying (NBC/LA)

[LASD] were searching for a masked burglar who broke into an office nearby early Sunday morning and stole food, the Sheriff’s Department said.

"A video system at the location showed one person who was carrying a rifle," the Department said.

LASD say it's 'too soon to know' if there's a link to the Beaudette murder or other shootings. No arrests have been made.

The news video (see link) says that the burglaries have occurred at homes on Las Virgenes Rd across from the park.

Also, LASD responded to reports of four gunshots in the area at approx 9 pm on 27 September.

One thing that jumps out here is that if LE are seeing this burglar as a potential park shooter, he's carrying a rifle, which might indicate that was the weapon used in the TB murder. The other two park shootings - MT and JR - were with a shotgun.

[LASD] were searching for a masked burglar who broke into an office nearby early Sunday morning and stole food, the Sheriff’s Department said.

"A video system at the location showed one person who was carrying a rifle," the Department said.

LASD say it's 'too soon to know' if there's a link to the Beaudette murder or other shootings. No arrests have been made.

The news video (see link) says that the burglaries have occurred at homes on Las Virgenes Rd across from the park.

Also, LASD responded to reports of four gunshots in the area at approx 9 pm on 27 September.

One thing that jumps out here is that if LE are seeing this burglar as a potential park shooter, he's carrying a rifle, which might indicate that was the weapon used in the TB murder. The other two park shootings - MT and JR - were with a shotgun.

Terrifying. So this person may be living in the wilderness, breaking into buildings for food, and killing innocent people for kicks? Locals, stay safe!

Good find, passe! Definitely sounds like a good lead. For the burglaries it makes me feel like this could be a homeless person or transient (burglaries for food). Possibly ex military. (Tactical gear/rifle) There are some burglaries north of Mullholland in the residential areas in the late summer but since this last one just happened on Sunday, it might not show up on Crimemapping.com for a while. Should be interesting to see where on the map this will be located.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back