GUILTY CA - Malibu Creek State Park Shooting, Tristan Beaudette, 35, died, 22 June 2018 *Arrest* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
thank you, IMHO. And thanks also to gitana1.

A number of things/questions spring to mind.

In events involving shooting, how many different types of guns are identified and by what evidence?

A. R. had to be holing up somewhere. Where? Can you draw a circle around the locations where a long gun was used. Can we differentiate the locations where bullets were used as opposed to shotguns? I'm completely baffeled by the shooting involving the couple sleeping in their car overnight and (1) reports of a slug/bullet round being somehow captured inside part of their vehicle, and (2) photos clearly showing shotgun pellet damage to the exterior of the car.

And, for some unknown reason, the nearby mountain community of Monte Nido, north of nearby Piuma Road picques my curiosity. Who lives there. And why so far offthe grid?

Do the nearby pot farms (now exstinct, I believe) that were being cultivated in the MCSP area have any connection to the shootings? All kinds of dark scenarios come to mind.

Was TB shot in the head or the chest? Is the LACSD remaining tight-lipped on ballistics tests? They seem to have AR on ice for the next 5-6 months.

Using the info you and gitana1 have provided - and what I am pulling together on my own - I am hoping to have a comprehensive time line on paper by the end of next week.

Thanks everyone.

dc
The community of Monte Nido are homes to the super rich.

Why would someone from a pot farm walk into a campground and shoot someone at random? I've met some owners and workers of pot farms, there's nothing shady or nefarious about them.

If Rauda had anything to do with this he would have been charged by now. There's no connection imo.

Thank you, Force Ten, for your info on Monte Nido and your insights as to the character of pot farm owners and workers. I'm sure, for the most part, you are correct.

Why would someone from a pot farm walk into a campground and shoot someone at random?

My apologies for not being more clear: I was posing the possibilty of pot farms being connected to earlier reported shootings, not to the death of T.B.

This is how grow-ops work on public lands like Malibu Creek State Park.

1. Plants are planted in a remote area that is unlikely to be spotted from above or by passer by.

2. At harvest time, two guys are dropped off to do the work. During that time, these two guys do everything possible to avoid detection. They work quickly, quietly and without attracting attention.

3. The proceeds are picked up. The guys leave.

This has been going on there forever. Of course it hasn't been legal but it's an in-and-out business. You don't hang around and you don't attract attention. You have absolutely zero need to bring LE agencies into the park by doing stuff like shooting at campers who are really, really far from where you're working.

As best I can, I have assembled a Malibu Creek State Park timeline. It covers the essential categories of burglaries and shootings from 2016 to the present. A "miscellaneous" category attempts to cover everything else such as the identification of T. B.'s campsite and its relationship to the surrounding terrain and roadways. I also have several photos to throw into the mix. If anyone has a suggestion regarding how best to share this material I would appreciate the input.

Prowler to Be Charged in Shooting Death of Father at Malibu Campground

Also from the article:
"Multiple law enforcement sources familiar with the investigation told NBC4 Rauda, 42, would also face nine counts of attempted murder for a series of other peculiar gunfire attacks in the area of the park and Las Virgenes Road, and multiple counts of burglary for break-ins in the same area over the last few years."

FINALLY! Not at all surprised. It would have been shocking to me that all these shootings were not connected. He certainly seems violently angry and unhinged. And it makes sense that they wanted to complete all the testing and get all their ducks in a row to check to see if all the incidents were connected, which they were.

What is so tragic is that it took so long to put the pieces together, but it was so random that I don't know what could have been done differently.

No motive will ever make sense, and I'm sure mental illness will play a large role, but hopefully more will be revealed soon.

Last edited:
Wow. This was truly a needle in a haystack situation. Congratulations to LE for the solve, and I hope all of those who were trying to "conspiracy theory" this victim's death will now leave him and his family in peace.

Yay!!!! Justice for Tristan Beaudette!

I just saw the breaking news, and headed over to this thread immediately.

Prayers have been answered! What a great way to start a Monday!

And, I'm glad to see other charges will pressed as well.

prayerHandsInHeart.jpg

Thank you for posting this, Eleven_11.

From the article:

“Prosecutors were only able to file the case after a forensic comparison of bullets linked several shootings, including the Beaudette murder, with the gun Rauda was allegedly carrying when he was arrested. That ballistic comparison was completed in early October, but the case took many more weeks to assemble, according to the sources.

They also said evidence shows Rauda is also responsible for additional shootings and burglaries for which not enough evidence was found for prosecution, including an until-now unsolved shooting of a woman driving on Thousand Oaks Boulevard in Ventura County in 2010. Rauda has been tied to thefts and violence in LA, Ventura and Sonoma counties.

It’s a 10-year crime spree that could make a Hollywood movie," said one detective familiar with the case who was not authorized to speak publicly about the investigation.

[SBM]

Detectives from the LA County Sheriff's Department's Major Crimes Bureau caught Rauda Oct. 10 near the park. Rauda was carrying the gun and two loaded magazines, according to testimony at a recent PRCS violation hearing.

A key break in the Malibu Creek State Park death investigation came less than two weeks before that when a security camera system recorded images of a man wearing a headlamp and ‘tactical style’ clothing during an office break-in.

As the figure in the video moved into view it was clear the man had a rifle slung over his left shoulder. Some of the images, not shown publicly, captured detailed views of the gun.

Detectives compared the security video with firearms catalog photos and soon confirmed the gun carried by the burglar was a 9mm carbine, a weapon capable of firing the same caliber bullet that killed Beaudette.” (BBM)

I am stunned. I really didn’t think that Rauda was responsible for the seemingly random shootings or Tristan’s death. LE certainly knew and had much more than I’d ever expected. I am very happy that Rsudavhas been caught, and it sounds like they have a good amount of evidence against

Justice for Tristan and his family.

I am very glad that this case has finally been solved. It’s been a long time processing this and now it’s time to reconcile the fact that I and my family came so close to being killed for no other reason other than where we were camping. My heart is broken for the Beaudette family.

WOW. I am not surprised at all though.

When I read about those burglaries, where the only thing taken was food, I knew it had to be a transient living in the woods. And the video of that nutter in camo with the rifle---so obviously a perfect suspect, in my mind.

WOW. I am not surprised at all though.

When I read about those burglaries, where the only thing taken was food, I knew it had to be a transient living in the woods. And the video of that nutter in camo with the rifle---so obviously a perfect suspect, in my mind.

I am surprised. If it was that easy, I wonder why it took them so long. When something happens the first thing they always do is go out and round up all the transients in the area and question them.

I am surprised. If it was that easy, I wonder why it took them so long. When something happens the first thing they always do is go out and round up all the transients in the area and question them.

But he wasn't your average transient. He was more of a survivalist/militant type woodsman. He kept himself well hidden in the remote area that was his childhood stomping grounds.

Thank you for posting this, Eleven_11.

From the article:

“Prosecutors were only able to file the case after a forensic comparison of bullets linked several shootings, including the Beaudette murder, with the gun Rauda was allegedly carrying when he was arrested. That ballistic comparison was completed in early October, but the case took many more weeks to assemble, according to the sources.

They also said evidence shows Rauda is also responsible for additional shootings and burglaries for which not enough evidence was found for prosecution, including an until-now unsolved shooting of a woman driving on Thousand Oaks Boulevard in Ventura County in 2010. Rauda has been tied to thefts and violence in LA, Ventura and Sonoma counties.

It’s a 10-year crime spree that could make a Hollywood movie," said one detective familiar with the case who was not authorized to speak publicly about the investigation.

[SBM]

Detectives from the LA County Sheriff's Department's Major Crimes Bureau caught Rauda Oct. 10 near the park. Rauda was carrying the gun and two loaded magazines, according to testimony at a recent PRCS violation hearing.

A key break in the Malibu Creek State Park death investigation came less than two weeks before that when a security camera system recorded images of a man wearing a headlamp and ‘tactical style’ clothing during an office break-in.

As the figure in the video moved into view it was clear the man had a rifle slung over his left shoulder. Some of the images, not shown publicly, captured detailed views of the gun.

Detectives compared the security video with firearms catalog photos and soon confirmed the gun carried by the burglar was a 9mm carbine, a weapon capable of firing the same caliber bullet that killed Beaudette.” (BBM)

I am stunned. I really didn’t think that Rauda was responsible for the seemingly random shootings or Tristan’s death. LE certainly knew and had much more than I’d ever expected. I am very happy that Rsudavhas been caught, and it sounds like they have a good amount of evidence against

Justice for Tristan and his family.

I thought he looked like a great, possible suspect. Armed while committing burglary. Past criminal history. Living like a hermit in the wilderness area near where the shootings too place. Seemingly mentally unstable.

But I'm pretty positive there will still be people thinking LE is corrupt and framing this poor, harmless transient. Or they will remain committed to the theory that it was a targeted murder, and someone "close" to him or involved in his profession did it.

Harmless transients aren't armed.

I'm glad there's been an arrest.

The community of Monte Nido are homes to the super rich.

Why would someone from a pot farm walk into a campground and shoot someone at random? I've met some owners and workers of pot farms, there's nothing shady or nefarious about them.

If Rauda had anything to do with this he would have been charged by now. There's no connection imo.

As we can see from this case and so many others on websleuths, it often takes months to build a case for arrest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE
Back