GUILTY CA - Manuel Ortega & others for gang rape of 15yo girl, Richmond, 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can't believe what I just heard: the families of the suspects are defending these creeps!
they haven't shown the story on the news yet (abc7 s.f.) but I'm burning up already. What is wrong with people? :furious:

Actually I am editing this to say that there is a segment on a video posted previously that shows relatives denying that their child took part in this. They are denying that it even happened almost. Makes me so mad. What fairyland are they living in?
http://www.ktvu.com/video/21467972/index.html

I can't believe what I just heard: the families of the suspects are defending these creeps!
they haven't shown the story on the news yet (abc7 s.f.) but I'm burning up already. What is wrong with people? :furious:

It shouldn't be surprising. That's why these young men were able to commit such a heinous act. Their hateful, callous attitudes have been accepted, accommodated and excused by those who raised them.

I cannot really speak from experience, as I have never had a really close relative (or, fates forbid, a child) commit a major crime, but as it is, I cannot understand people who can stand behind people who do such heinous things - kill their child, rape and maim strangers, etc.

Especially people who can stand behind them instantly without a second thought! (Of course, I even have a second thought when I choose regular cream cheese over low fat, so I usually can't fathom anyone doing anything with major implications without second guessing themselves.)

It shouldn't be surprising. That's why these young men were able to commit such a heinous act. Their hateful, callous attitudes have been accepted, accommodated and excused by those who raised them.

I hope each one of these rapists was an only child. :(

Actually I am editing this to say that there is a segment on a video posted previously that shows relatives denying that their child took part in this. They are denying that it even happened almost. Makes me so mad. What fairyland are they living in?
http://www.ktvu.com/video/21467972/index.html

I know one family is convinced that their child was charged because he is black. the DA said she doesn't even know what color or race any of them are when she decides who to charge. She just looks to see if she has enough evidence. the family of the sole black defendant has said if their son gets life they will sue the city.
crikey.

Wait until the "she was asking for it" brigade come out. but one thing we learned from the Haidl gang rape here in CA a few years ago is that even if she said "yes" at any time prior it doesn't matter. if she couldn;t say "yes" at the time due to being incapacitated on liquor or drugs then ya can't do it. She is going to be attacked by the family I just know it as if being brutalized isn't enough.

'Capable'. Yes. If they are so taught.

Morality is a main teaching of all major religions. When religious teaching is reduced, something must necessarily fill that gap just to maintain the status quo. However, the filling of that gap is obviously not coming from improved parenting. And you will not find street creed filling the gap, which is where ever more young people gain their sense of morality today.

Atheists are the fastest growing religious identification (a seeming oxymoron) group in America. If we eliminate God and a fear of reckoning, anything would and will go. At that point, our society would have reached the apex in liberal permissiveness.

Don't look past the tremendous restraint that a God figure places on our society and various cultures. Remove that restraint and our society would be a very, very different world, and the behavior that we detest today would become still far, far uglier.

I don't discount the possibity that someday we will become a Godless society. The good news is that I don't expect to live to see it.

FWIW

I don't know if I totally agree but I honor your opinion and thoughts. You may be right...

I know one family is convinced that their child was charged because he is black. the DA said she doesn't even know what color or race any of them are when she decides who to charge. She just looks to see if she has enough evidence. the family of the sole black defendant has said if their son gets life they will sue the city.
crikey.

Wait until the "she was asking for it" brigade come out. but one thing we learned from the Haidl gang rape here in CA a few years ago is that even if she said "yes" at any time prior it doesn't matter. if she couldn;t say "yes" at the time due to being incapacitated on liquor or drugs then ya can't do it. She is going to be attacked by the family I just know it as if being brutalized isn't enough.

BBM

Now, without knowing the facts, if he was the *only* dependent to get life, I actually would be a bit concerned. (Unless he was conclusively shown to be the only rapist and the ring leader, etc, etc, of course.)

crikey.

bolded by me.

But of course. I hate to say this, but why do people always have to play the race card? Why don't they take an objective look at the child they have created? Hearing this woman speak, it sounds as if she denies the entire incident took place. It just boggles my mind. I bet if she had been standing there watching it she would still deny it was happening.

BBM

Now, without knowing the facts, if he was the *only* dependent to get life, I actually would be a bit concerned. (Unless he was conclusively shown to be the only rapist and the ring leader, etc, etc, of course.)
Well according to the aunt he was just walking by.

I don't know if I totally agree but I honor your opinion and thoughts. You may be right...

The only thing that bothers me about blaming things like this on "G-dlessness" is that back when people were more religious, they were just doing bad things in the name of that - now, they just do it in their own names, so I dunno.

Perhaps it is the decline in Boy Scout memberships. Or the failure of the manufacturing and production industries in North America. Or changes in educational practice and consumer behaviours, etc...

Or maybe it's all of the above, and a dozen other things, to varying degrees for different people and situations... I like that one.

Well, then for his sake, I hope there's a video that can prove that. Or, alternatively, for society's sake there is video to prove he's lying.

This is a messy case; not envious of the prosecutors in this whatsoever.

Well, I think he better start singing if he wants to save his own *advertiser censored*, because I'm sure he saw more than nothing. :twocents:

Well, then for his sake, I hope there's a video that can prove that. Or, alternatively, for society's sake there is video to prove he's lying.

Well I am not sure why the DA would charge him if he was just walking by.

but stranger things have happened.

I just think if no witnesses come forward this could be a tough sell. I am praying for pix and videos for once in my life.
But even in the Haidl trial there was a full video and even then the jury could not convict the first time around. Depends on charges and consequences. Juries hate to lock young people up forever.

stay tuned folks

Well I am not sure why the DA would charge him if he was just walking by.

but stranger things have happened.

I just think if no witnesses come forward this could be a tough sell. I am praying for pix and videos for once in my life.
But even in the Haidl trial there was a full video and even then the jury could not convict the first time around. Depends on charges and consequences. Juries hate to lock young people up forever.

stay tuned folks

BBM

Not sure I understand that one in severe crimes like this - I'd much rather have a guy using a walker chase me than a young fella.

BBM

Not sure I understand that one in severe crimes like this - I'd much rather have a guy using a walker chase me than a young fella.
Read up on Greg haidl's trial. shocking what they did to this gal, 3 guys drugged her and raped her in all kinds of ways including snapple bottles and pool cues. Filmed the whole thing.
First jury couldn't convict and interpreted the video in different ways. arrgh.
DA reduced all the charges so they wouldn;t be locked up for 50 years and the next jury was able to convict them. It was a discouraging trial they put the victim on trial and really did a number on her.

bolded by me.

I wonder if these slimey creeps would have kept the videos or erased them? I hope they didn't bother erasing them. Although I wonder how good the pictures could be since they would have been taken in the dark, it would be evidence.

oh for the love of Pete! this is new information to me. what a bunch of $&^*T*

OC Rapist Greg Haidl Wants Conviction Overturned
Haidl, Kyle Nachreiner and Keith Spann, want court to lift a requirement that they register as sex offenders for the rest of their lives.

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-greg-haidl,0,1950024.story

The three are basing their appeal on the credibility of the girl, identified as "Jane Doe."

Defense attorneys had argued she was faking unconsciousness, and was a willing participant in the sex acts.

BLAHHHHHHHHHH. well the timing of this Richmond rape will not help their case and I am glad for that.

Read up on Greg haidl's trial. shocking what they did to this gal, 3 guys drugged her and raped her in all kinds of ways including snapple bottles and pool cues. Filmed the whole thing.
First jury couldn't convict and interpreted the video in different ways. arrgh.
DA reduced all the charges so they wouldn;t be locked up for 50 years and the next jury was able to convict them. It was a discouraging trial they put the victim on trial and really did a number on her.

That really is discouraging. So much depends on the jury and their mentality. I'm not familiar with Greg Haidl but will try googling him.

bolded by me.

I wonder if these slimey creeps would have kept the videos or erased them? I hope they didn't bother erasing them. Although I wonder how good the pictures could be since they would have been taken in the dark, it would be evidence.

Nothing is ever really deleted. Besides, someone has likely already sent their cell footage to a hundred different friends. These things travel fast.

*fingers crossed*

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back